• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coming off Olanzapine to trip harder

Smokeymcbongwater

Bluelighter
I hate the olanzapine a lot it’s done nothing for me but prevent psychedelic use. I been taking 10mg of olanzapine for over 2 years I was locked up in a place I couldn’t use psychedelics. I tripped on DXM and smoked weed while I was in trouble but I recently started using psychedelics again now I’m free. I only took the medicine because at the time they told me I would be ordered by a court to take injections if I refused so I just took the pill because now I can stop the doctors still think I’m sober and using olanzapine.

I got my doctor to reduce my dose to 5mg and took 5mg for over a week. 5 days ago I stopped taking the pill completely because it makes me sick to my stomach with psychedelics. I didn’t think it was true at first I thought nothing prevents a chemical so powerful I had been trying a bunch of new tryptamines and getting sick for some reason with severe nausea. I also ate 5 tabs of 1P-LSD and got the visuals of maybe 2 tabs. I thought the visuals where reduced and I just had a strange reaction to the new chemicals.

Anyway my last trip I ate 30mg of 4-ACO-DMT and it made me really sick. I threw up everywhere with severe nausea. I couldn’t believe it I had eaten double this dose and not threw up and tripped so much harder when I was medication free. I will never take olanzapine again I feel sick now. I feel nauseous I woke up this morning dry heaving. I don’t know what this bullshit done to my brain chemistry but I hate it. It doesn’t have a single positive effect in my opinion. Just thought I would share how it effected me. It’s against my will to it’s crazy to me they can force you take medication that only causes you problems.

If you've been taking olanzapine for 2 years it's going to take a lot longer than 5 days to flush out of your system and your receptors so you can trip again. Probably closer to 25-40 days @10mg/day for 2 years. Taking it daily causes it to build up in your system, it's half life is longer than 24 hours, so it's not a simple as '10mg half life excretion = 5 days'.

I know how olanzapine is, I was on it. But I need to throw in the obligatory "it's not the best idea to stop APs to trip on psychedelics again", especially if they were court ordered at one point.

Tripping while on olanzapine gave me nothing much but some bad physical side effects.

Last edited:
Well I still enjoy the effects of 4-HO-MET at less than 25MG I don’t get visuals but dang I feel a psychedelic headspace. My dumb self thought it was a sickness feeling free chem and ate like 50mg next dose. I got visuals mild ones like 2 grams of shrooms but was very sick. I have roughly 2 grams of 4sub tryptamines do you suggest I go back on the medication and throw my multiple hundred dollar stash out? I’m not doing it I paid less for a gram of gold than a gram of psychedelic RCs. I’m just going to low dose it till 40 more days and then try a normal dose and if I don’t get sick I’m getting harmine HCL or some Syrian Rue extract I can’t wait to experience a real trip. I don’t feel happy unless I can use drugs and the kind mother gives you they don’t do anything at all.

I'm not suggesting anything my friend, just telling you how olanzapine works and to be careful, respect the psychedelics.

Thanks I appreciate it I thought for sure it was going to basically gone in a few days. I don’t know anything about how long drugs stay in the body except what I know from being drug tested. On probation you can use opioids or coke mostly anything will be gone from your system in a few days except like benzodiazepines and weed. I know weed is fat bonding that’s why it takes so long to get clear but I popped a hot drug test for benzodiazepines a week after talking a normal recreational dose. If it dissolves in water I don’t understand how it lingers in the body for so long I thought I would have pissed everything but trace amounts out by now.

Horrible drug

Completely blocks CNS stimulation and worst weight gain out of all anti psychotics

It takes about a month or two to really get rid olanzapine off your system. It has really long Half-Life.

Strange enough I lost a bunch of weight and when I started using drugs I lost over 40LBs I was 164LBS when I started the medication and was like 197lbs last year. My addiction took care of it I spent so much money on weed alcohol and K pins when I was released I stopped eating food regularly because I couldn’t afford it. It’s strange after about a week of eating a meal a day or just snacks you start to feel sick from regular sized portions of food. I’m 145lbs currently and I don’t feel hungry very often and when I do eat I feel sick from small amounts. I feel sick this morning without eating I also couldn’t sleep last night till like 11pm and woke up at 3am. I feel terrible I wish doctors would stop trying to tell me how to live my life giving me things that just have way more negative effects than good. I don’t think I benefited from the medication at all.

@Smokeymcbongwater You gotta eat man. This might sound like common sense but the reason you feel sick and cant sleep all the time probably has a lot to do with lack of food a lot more than any medications.

It’s strange after about a week of eating a meal a day or just snacks you start to feel sick from regular sized portions of food.
This is basically refeeding syndrome, your body is starving and in immense stress.

I will try but I get my calories from soda and beer mostly. I work at a restaurant now and have lots more money and also learned about delta 8 so I’m not spending nearly as much and have quit the benzodiazepines. When I got released I just lost it completely everyday I sat incarcerated I thought about drugs and when I could finally get them I couldn’t control myself I sold all my stuff and was in a bad place. I moved to a different town with new people and have been doing a lot better since. I try to eat I just don’t really enjoy it anymore but I need to do it. I keep thinking depressing terrible things recently like the last 3 days I noticed I feel different in a bad way. I’m hoping this will go away in 45 days but to be honest I been thinking a lot about how I don’t have anything to live for and feel really sad. I just got to overcome this withdrawals but I keep thinking I’m like a rabid dog with my drug addiction once you go rabid you can’t come back the kind thing to do is put the animal down. But this isn’t rabies I just need my brain to heal.

I will try but I get my calories from soda and beer mostly
This is why you feel like shit man :(

Your body is likely nutrient deficient, which can cause all sorts of insanely bad things and sickness beyond depression and mental issues.

I can guarantee you that you won't suddenly feel better in a month once the olanzapine is gone if you don't start treating your body better.

But this isn’t rabies I just need my brain to heal.
Your brain needs food and nutrition to heal more than anything right now. Not flushing out meds, not doing more drugs.

I think I’ll quit drinking I don’t feel hungry at all though I think the sick feeling is worse. THC-P really helps I hope I don’t get progressively worse honestly it’s hard to keep down food I been feeling so nauseous I had to try so hard not to gag at work. I also don’t feel tired at all and I been up 14 hours now. At least it’s not heroin withdrawals I can eat without vomiting. I can’t eat shit from opioid withdrawals and they feel way worse I’ll take this over that any day. If I take a pill now I don’t know if the withdrawals would go away I think it’s several days of use till it balances it out again. I can’t really find much information about it it just says work with your doctor but he doesn’t want to work with me. I explained I wanted off as quickly as possible but he said it could effect my mental health so lower doses over 3 month periods. But fuck that I think it’s to late now I don’t ever want to use prescription medication again of any kind.

I think I’ll quit drinking I don’t feel hungry at all though I think the sick feeling is worse. THC-P really helps I hope I don’t get progressively worse honestly it’s hard to keep down food I been feeling so nauseous I had to try so hard not to gag at work. I also don’t feel tired at all and I been up 14 hours now. At least it’s not heroin withdrawals I can eat without vomiting. I can’t eat shit from opioid withdrawals and they feel way worse I’ll take this over that any day. If I take a pill now I don’t know if the withdrawals would go away I think it’s several days of use till it balances it out again. I can’t really find much information about it it just says work with your doctor but he doesn’t want to work with me. I explained I wanted off as quickly as possible but he said it could effect my mental health so lower doses over 3 month periods. But fuck that I think it’s to late now I don’t ever want to use prescription medication again of any kind.
speaking as an alcoholic myself, if you're not eating much food - please quit drinking at least. You have benzos right? That's probably the #1 thing you should cut out right now. That's probably doing the the most damage right now. Not eating enough food with alcohol with fuck up your stomach in a very serious way, ruins your appetite among all the other shitty things alcohol does to the body.

How much do you drink?

are you court ordered by law to take these olanzapine pills?

I drink 24-48 oz of beer or 200ml of liquor usually. However I drank as much as 500ml and almost died multiple times the ER said my BAC was .28. I’m not court ordered anything currently but I really don’t want to drink at the moment because I already feel like shit. I drank a 24oz of Busch yesterday but I hardly feel anything that low.

If you're not forced to take these pills why are you so mad at the doctors? There were plenty of times I was prescribed things and just simply didn't take it because it made me feel worse at the time. I know psychiatry can be a stupid endeavor sometimes, but man it does help in the long run if you are honest and stay sober and communicate with your doctor... sometimes you do need to switch doctors.

I love drugs and alcohol, but they are not good for us long term, they are not a good way to "feel better" in the long term. They are not inherently better than psychiatry.

My honest advice to you right now is to feed your body with food and nutrients. You need to gain some measure of health, man. Stop thinking about it in terms of meds vs drugs making you feel a certain way. You need to eat food, and I'm not talking about shitty junk food.

You need to take care of your body or else drugs and alcohol will wreck you so much faster, physically and mentally. If you are already weak and unhealthy, drugs and alcohol will only make you feel worse in the end.

I am mad because I didn’t ask for any of this treatment stuff it was forced on me. If I could have switched doctors or not taken it I would have but I had zero decision they said take it or we court order it. I’m lucky I took it I would be getting drug tested and forced IM injections if I had refused. I took 5mg just now I am getting worse by the day at this rate I’ll be unable to hold down food and have to go to the hospital if I can’t eat more than 3 days. I hope this 5mg will help me feel better tomorrow but now it’s another 45 days but hopefully less painful. I keep thinking about one day at a time but I can’t be sick that long I’ll just take it day by day.

I am mad because I didn’t ask for any of this treatment stuff it was forced on me. If I could have switched doctors or not taken it I would have but I had zero decision they said take it or we court order it. I’m lucky I took it I would be getting drug tested and forced IM injections if I had refused. I took 5mg just now I am getting worse by the day at this rate I’ll be unable to hold down food and have to go to the hospital if I can’t eat more than 3 days. I hope this 5mg will help me feel better tomorrow but now it’s another 45 days but hopefully less painful. I keep thinking about one day at a time but I can’t be sick that long I’ll just take it day by day.
Do you take vitamins? How much do you eat man? If you've lost 50lbs+ while also on olanzapine you need to eat more man.

I eat lots of little Debbie snacks strangely enough I don’t feel nauseous anymore I feel hungry now and I feel slightly sleepy. I don’t know how to eat healthy I hate most vegetables and don’t much like fruit. I think I’ll go buy some beef jerky and green beans and something for breakfast. About a month ago I was eating a smoothie with fruit everyday but I just stopped for some reason. I have had a low weight my entire life I am a very picky person. It’s strange I can force myself to eat dry San Pedro cactus but not stuff like salad. I haven’t eaten a salad in my entire life. I wish salad made you trip I would eat it then. God I sound like a junkie but it’s the truth I’ll poke myself with needles or put myself through hell I would do just about anything and I don’t why. I enjoy drugs more than life I guess.

If you've been taking olanzapine for 2 years it's going to take a lot longer than 5 days to flush out of your system and your receptors so you can trip again. Probably closer to 25-40 days @10mg/day for 2 years. Taking it daily causes it to build up in your system, it's half life is longer than 24 hours, so it's not a simple as '10mg half life excretion = 5 days'.

I know how olanzapine is, I was on it. But I need to throw in the obligatory "it's not the best idea to stop APs to trip on psychedelics again", especially if they were court ordered at one point.

Tripping while on olanzapine gave me nothing much but some bad physical side effects.
how much olanzapine were you on? were you able to have good trips since?