• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coming off Olanzapine to trip harder

I hate the olanzapine a lot it’s done nothing for me but prevent psychedelic use. I been taking 10mg of olanzapine for over 2 years I was locked up in a place I couldn’t use psychedelics. I tripped on DXM and smoked weed while I was in trouble but I recently started using psychedelics again now I’m free. I only took the medicine because at the time they told me I would be ordered by a court to take injections if I refused so I just took the pill because now I can stop the doctors still think I’m sober and using olanzapine.

I got my doctor to reduce my dose to 5mg and took 5mg for over a week. 5 days ago I stopped taking the pill completely because it makes me sick to my stomach with psychedelics. I didn’t think it was true at first I thought nothing prevents a chemical so powerful I had been trying a bunch of new tryptamines and getting sick for some reason with severe nausea. I also ate 5 tabs of 1P-LSD and got the visuals of maybe 2 tabs. I thought the visuals where reduced and I just had a strange reaction to the new chemicals.

Anyway my last trip I ate 30mg of 4-ACO-DMT and it made me really sick. I threw up everywhere with severe nausea. I couldn’t believe it I had eaten double this dose and not threw up and tripped so much harder when I was medication free. I will never take olanzapine again I feel sick now. I feel nauseous I woke up this morning dry heaving. I don’t know what this bullshit done to my brain chemistry but I hate it. It doesn’t have a single positive effect in my opinion. Just thought I would share how it effected me. It’s against my will to it’s crazy to me they can force you take medication that only causes you problems.
You can't do APs and psychedelics unless it's for recovery.

Horrible drug

Completely blocks CNS stimulation and worst weight gain out of all anti psychotics
I can attest to this statement as well. I've never gained so much weight so quickly. I was skinny and depressed, I sure as hell didn't need to become obese and depressed. My provider said you could essentially eat lettuce and workout and still gain a literal shit-ton of weight on it.

I would also like to stop my SSRI to achieve the benefits of psychedelics, but I am not sure that's possible 🤔.

I can attest to this statement as well. I've never gained so much weight so quickly. I was skinny and depressed, I sure as hell didn't need to become obese and depressed. My provider said you could essentially eat lettuce and workout and still gain a literal shit-ton of weight on it.

I would also like to stop my SSRI to achieve the benefits of psychedelics, but I am not sure that's possible 🤔.
are you still on olanzapine?

Lol yeah I gained about 10 pounds a month while I was on it. When I realised I put on 90 pounds I immediately discontinued the medication and started abusing meth to lose the weight as fast as possible. I never got antipsychotic withdrawal either. I'm on 10mg haloperidol daily now and I get really fucked up when I try reducing the dose even 10 percent I get withdrawal symptoms. Staying on 10mg isn't an option either because of anhedonia.

Also, you may be able to trip while taking SSRI. I certainly did while taking sertraline. It was a traumatic experience though.

Lol yeah I gained about 10 pounds a month while I was on it. When I realised I put on 90 pounds I immediately discontinued the medication and started abusing meth to lose the weight as fast as possible. I never got antipsychotic withdrawal either. I'm on 10mg haloperidol daily now and I get really fucked up when I try reducing the dose even 10 percent I get withdrawal symptoms. Staying on 10mg isn't an option either because of anhedonia.

Also, you may be able to trip while taking SSRI. I certainly did while taking sertraline. It was a traumatic experience though.
are you able to have good trips now?

are you able to have good trips now?
No

I started taking haloperidol spring 2021

Not even kratom works properly anymore

I'm trying to reduce the dose but I keep relapsing due to the awful withdrawal symptoms

Last edited by a moderator:

There is something humorous about doing meth to lose olanzapine weight, but I'm so sorry for your traumatic experience. I find psych drugs immensely traumatic.

I was on olanzapine a LONG time, like ten years or something. Doses ranged from 2.5 mgs all the way to 10 mgs, I’ve been off it a while now and I trip on shrooms regularly to heal my brain and as an antidepressant. It works way better than the pills they used to give me. I am at peace now.

I was on olanzapine a LONG time, like ten years or something. Doses ranged from 2.5 mgs all the way to 10 mgs, I’ve been off it a while now and I trip on shrooms regularly to heal my brain and as an antidepressant. It works way better than the pills they used to give me. I am at peace now.
love hearing that . do you have full trips with visuals and euphoria and everything?

Ive been trying to come off Zyprexa for the past year and its been a fucking nightmare. Took me months and months of tapering to get where im at now which is 2.5mgs every 48hrs. Even at this small amount when i tried to jump off a couple weeks ago completely i got very sick.

Dealing with nausea, anxiety, insomnia, body pain and general just disgusting feeling. It feels just like a benzo withdrawal to me and giving the fact that Olanzapine is a Thienobenzodiazepine that is surprising at all.

Its hands down the most addictive psych med i have ever been on. Biggest mistake ive made in years and its fucked up that doctors dont explain how bad this stuff can hook you and how difficult it would be to come off. Ive got this epic psychedelic collection im building and i cant even dip into it, so upsetting.