Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Invega taking all of my emotions away and making me move like a robot. I can’t take it anymore I feel like I’m in a fog. Two more 50mg injections and then I drop down to the 25mg injection.

^ Damn that's a awfully long half life. Are you still getting Anhedonia? I had it really bad on Invega but i also had it on Abilify. Now that im on Latuda and have been off Abilify for about a month it's going away thank fuck. Im so greatful to be getting my emotions back. I also notice i have alot more energy now then when i was on Abilify. Invega was terrible though for causing me to have no energy. I literally wanted to do nothing but sleep all day and eat. No wonder i put on 40lbs.
Are you losing weight on latuda?

^ Damn that's a awfully long half life. Are you still getting Anhedonia? I had it really bad on Invega but i also had it on Abilify. Now that im on Latuda and have been off Abilify for about a month it's going away thank fuck. Im so greatful to be getting my emotions back. I also notice i have alot more energy now then when i was on Abilify. Invega was terrible though for causing me to have no energy. I literally wanted to do nothing but sleep all day and eat. No wonder i put on 40lbs.
I didn't really get anhedonia from it. I don't even think that's one of its side effects. Akathisia is one and it sucks. I have to keep moving around sometimes otherwise I feel like shit. So pretty much just pace around for several hours before bed and then finally lay down when I'm tired.

I didn't really get anhedonia from it. I don't even think that's one of its side effects. Akathisia is one and it sucks. I have to keep moving around sometimes otherwise I feel like shit. So pretty much just pace around for several hours before bed and then finally lay down when I'm tired.

I got anhedonia from both Invega and Abilify. Though to a lesser degree with abilify. So far i don't think im getting it with Latuda but yeah invega sucked for it. All anti-psychotics can cause it but some are worse then others. Im getting restless leg syndrome from Latuda (or it was from gabapentin withdrawal i dunno which) but it's not bad enough to be called akathisia yet as it's only in my legs and goes away on it's own or with gabapentin or morphine. I had it bad with invega though and that was one reason i had to come off that fucking poison.

Youve been off vraylar since october 2019 and you still get akathisia? Are you currently on any other anti-psychotic cause thats along time to have it.

I got anhedonia from both Invega and Abilify. Though to a lesser degree with abilify. So far i don't think im getting it with Latuda but yeah invega sucked for it. All anti-psychotics can cause it but some are worse then others. Im getting restless leg syndrome from Latuda (or it was from gabapentin withdrawal i dunno which) but it's not bad enough to be called akathisia yet as it's only in my legs and goes away on it's own or with gabapentin or morphine. I had it bad with invega though and that was one reason i had to come off that fucking poison.

Youve been off vraylar since october 2019 and you still get akathisia? Are you currently on any other anti-psychotic cause thats along time to have it.
What I'm currently on is a bipolar med that isn't known to cause Akathisia. I actually haven't noticed any side effects from the one I'm currently on.

It’s Impossible to lose weight on Invega Sustenna no matter your diet this drug is fucked up I’m so pissed off! I have to lose 14 pounds

It’s Impossible to lose weight on Invega Sustenna no matter your diet this drug is fucked up I’m so pissed off! I have to lose 14 pounds
you need to be off invega in order to lose weight, even then, i think you would have to wait 8-12 months to recover in order to lose the weight

FYI, i gained 70 pounds!

Yup, weight loss is nearly impossible while Invega concentration is high. Not to mention the lethargy the drug hits a person with makes it difficult to even take a walk for daily exercise.

I gained almost 100 lbs from the drug. Have since stripped the majority of that weight.

So you’re saying you’ve still not managed to lose ALL the weight you gained even after 3-4 years?

I put on a lot of muscle in between then and now. Consider that I was extremely underweight before I was hospitalized. 135 lbs at 6'. I'm pretty content being 170 lbs now.

I'm glad to see the rays of optimism about returning to normal after invega. Not sure what it is in my case that they keep doing this. But I'm mentally back to where I once was, just no physically. So, sue them.

I'm glad to see the rays of optimism about returning to normal after invega. Not sure what it is in my case that they keep doing this. But I'm mentally back to where I once was, just no physically. So, sue them.
you are still on forced injections? Can't you schedule a review panel?

I could lawyer up. But it's a matter of finding a lawyer that would support my vision, and not the medical industry. I'm waiting for an economic crash to put them back. @robustcanuck

I could lawyer up. But it's a matter of finding a lawyer that would support my vision, and not the medical industry. I'm waiting for an economic crash to put them back. @robustcanuck
a review panel is free of cost and they give you a lawyer from the mental health law society. that's what happened to me. the first one failed but the second review was perfect. it is probably different for people in the USA. I live in Canada.

i will pray for you, brother. i hope things work out for you.

Not that I"m coming off the shots, but I feel some motivation to do chores again. Or clean a bit. Still gotta work up to it.

It’s my living arrangement. Stuck with my parents. And they schedule appts. It’s either that or public housing where they make you too. @robustcanuck

It’s my living arrangement. Stuck with my parents. And they schedule appts. It’s either that or public housing where they make you too. @robustcanuck
just talk to your parents about how the meds make you feel ill and you want to lose weight and be more active.
schedule a review panel

your parents should understand this - if not, show them this thread.

your parents are ruining your life.

Every body I know is aware of how I feel about invega. And simply put yes all those enabling this drug are ruining my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.