Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a lot of damage that tentatively made me consider suicide at times. Just think of all the amazing things you'll be able to inspire people with as a result of getting better.

It happened to me too around 12 months off, it's around the time I relapsed into psychosis. Be careful and have a mental health directive written out that specifies that you refuse injections
That’s great advice. How do you go about getting one?
I read that I need witnesses, is that true?

I cried .Been thinking of suicide x(
Please don't give in. Read what other survivors have written in this thread. It gets better over time. Sometimes very very slowly, but it DOES get better.

I reckon you guys might enjoy this -

Just started listening to music again recently and enjoying it

Last edited by a moderator:
I cried .Been thinking of suicide x(
I've been in your shoes. Last year I was at my wit's end. This year I a completely different story. I'm happy. I'm out doing things. Riding my bike, going for walks, writing music. I laugh, I cry, I get sad. My feelings are coming back. My motivation is definitely improving a lot as well. You have to make positive changes in life.i don't know if you're still on the shot. If you are I feel for you. If you're not on any medication, you have to push yourself to do things and eventually it will get easier and you will want to do them more.

Just a warning for anyone who listens to this song. Necro's lyrics are quite obscene and can be pretty triggering, so just be warned.
I reckon you guys might enjoy this -

Just started listening to music again recently and enjoying it

Last edited:
Yes, but your witness can be anyone, and I don't think the document is worthless without one. This is the link for it in my state:

"

What is a mental health advance directive?​

A mental health advance directive is a legal written document that describes what you want to happen if your mental health problems become so severe that you need help from others. This might be when your judgment is impaired and/or you are unable to communicate effectively.

It can inform others about what treatment you want or don't want, and it can identify a person to whom you have given the authority to make decisions on your behalf.

For more information, please read the advance directives information for consumers pamphlet.

What do I need to do?​

Download and complete a mental health advance directive form.

Where can I get a form?​

Who should get my completed form?​

If you name an agent to represent you, you must give them a copy.

You may also want to give copies to:

• Your current mental health care providers
  • Your lawyer
  • Trusted family members"
I'm not sure about the laws in your state. A huge stressor in my last psychosis over a year ago was the fear that everyone trying to provide me care would give me the injection again, especially since I've read about quite a few people on this forum ending back up on an injection against their will after relapsing. That fear made me want to hide any symptoms that I was having. Having this directive gets rid of that stress

Hello everyone. I hope that your weekend is pleasant. However, i know that it is not always possible. So if pleasant feelings are not within you now, i hope that your weekend is somehow tolerable.

My first post here. I was googling about quitting invega sustanne... we call it xeplion here. Finland. I am Ghost fart, but you can also call me Japi. Or anything at all, it is nothing i have not heard before. Nothing much to say about me. I love children and i love animals. The pure ones, in other words. I respect everyone by design, it is a given. Until the respect is lost, but that is rare. And i do not fit into any group. Sometimes i think i fit in, then i am kicked out or i leave and burn the bridges behind me. And i listen to music ALWAYS.

Okay here is the deal, fine ladies and fine gentlemen: Mental healthcare no longer exists in Finland. All resources are focused to flu. Which has been here for millennia, and will be. Re-branded, politically weaponized via mainstream media, but still just a flu. So i can't get my injections. I swear i tried and i tried hard. Health clinic opens 8 am. Then i call a few seconds after that. Line busy... but if i press star (phone) they say they call me back. Then the health clinic closes at 4 pm. And then i receive a text that due to too much calls, they are unable to call me. I got kinda desperate you know... frustrated. I asked my friends if anyone knows a nurse. I said that i want a nurse to help me for 5 minutes, and i will pay 30 euros. Injection. No one knows a nurse... Then i thought that i am going to inject it myself. Then i thought some more... and ended up with a conclusion that it is a really, really bad idea. I know nothing about injecting stuff.

I think it has been 2.5 months since i was injected with 75 mg xeplion. I should get it every 4 weeks.. Uh... okay i have been really suicidal. For many many years. There has been attempts of suicide. Not like shallow cutting, i mean serious stuff. Overdoses on purpose. Last year, August, i was jaywalking as a bus was approaching. And i absolutely and totally did not care, i just let it run over me on purpose. Broken arm, broken hip, bruises everywhere. Don't worry about it, the bones are fine now and the bruises are healed.

I just... you know... about the suicide... I want to live before i die. And i mean really live. That means feeling emotions... It is sure that i will die one day, and then i have plenty of time to be dead. Before that, i want to live. And i think that xeplion (invega) is preventing me from having that experience. Life. And living.

Thank you for letting me share, it really means a lot to me. There is no one i can talk to, about these things. Well, there are, but it is pointless. My friends are not insane, i am, so they do not understand. They care, they help, but they just do not understand. And i am grateful for that. No one deserves this. This is inhumane. This is not life.

Hello everyone. I hope that your weekend is pleasant. However, i know that it is not always possible. So if pleasant feelings are not within you now, i hope that your weekend is somehow tolerable.

My first post here. I was googling about quitting invega sustanne... we call it xeplion here. Finland. I am Ghost fart, but you can also call me Japi. Or anything at all, it is nothing i have not heard before. Nothing much to say about me. I love children and i love animals. The pure ones, in other words. I respect everyone by design, it is a given. Until the respect is lost, but that is rare. And i do not fit into any group. Sometimes i think i fit in, then i am kicked out or i leave and burn the bridges behind me. And i listen to music ALWAYS.

Okay here is the deal, fine ladies and fine gentlemen: Mental healthcare no longer exists in Finland. All resources are focused to flu. Which has been here for millennia, and will be. Re-branded, politically weaponized via mainstream media, but still just a flu. So i can't get my injections. I swear i tried and i tried hard. Health clinic opens 8 am. Then i call a few seconds after that. Line busy... but if i press star (phone) they say they call me back. Then the health clinic closes at 4 pm. And then i receive a text that due to too much calls, they are unable to call me. I got kinda desperate you know... frustrated. I asked my friends if anyone knows a nurse. I said that i want a nurse to help me for 5 minutes, and i will pay 30 euros. Injection. No one knows a nurse... Then i thought that i am going to inject it myself. Then i thought some more... and ended up with a conclusion that it is a really, really bad idea. I know nothing about injecting stuff.

I think it has been 2.5 months since i was injected with 75 mg xeplion. I should get it every 4 weeks.. Uh... okay i have been really suicidal. For many many years. There has been attempts of suicide. Not like shallow cutting, i mean serious stuff. Overdoses on purpose. Last year, August, i was jaywalking as a bus was approaching. And i absolutely and totally did not care, i just let it run over me on purpose. Broken arm, broken hip, bruises everywhere. Don't worry about it, the bones are fine now and the bruises are healed.

I just... you know... about the suicide... I want to live before i die. And i mean really live. That means feeling emotions... It is sure that i will die one day, and then i have plenty of time to be dead. Before that, i want to live. And i think that xeplion (invega) is preventing me from having that experience. Life. And living.

Thank you for letting me share, it really means a lot to me. There is no one i can talk to, about these things. Well, there are, but it is pointless. My friends are not insane, i am, so they do not understand. They care, they help, but they just do not understand. And i am grateful for that. No one deserves this. This is inhumane. This is not life.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us Japi, I am really glad you found us.
I have been suicidal too, and have attempted suicide 6 times. THANKFULLY I failed and I am still here. Please note, I have never had the invega/xeplion injection before, I am just here because I care very much about people and I like to help people. So I don't know what it's like to come off invega/xeplion, but I am here to listen and to help in whatever way I can. There are many other people in this thread though, who are experiencing exactly what you are going through, so please stick around and read what others have to say. I wish you all the very best <3

Thank you so much for sharing this with us Japi, I am really glad you found us.
I have been suicidal too, and have attempted suicide 6 times. THANKFULLY I failed and I am still here. Please note, I have never had the invega/xeplion injection before, I am just here because I care very much about people and I like to help people. So I don't know what it's like to come off invega/xeplion, but I am here to listen and to help in whatever way I can. There are many other people in this thread though, who are experiencing exactly what you are going through, so please stick around and read what others have to say. I wish you all the very best <3
Thank you for the reply. That was beautiful. My eyes started to sweat a little bit. Finnish men do NOT cry, and all that, you know.

I enjoy helping others also. That is where i get my best kicks from. When i know that i have helped someone, anyone, makes me feel that i am useful and benevolent. That brings me pleasure.

I wish you all the best also. Look, i sense stuff. Even online. You are one of the good humans. Those humans are getting rare these days, almost extinct by now. Sometimes i encounter some of them. The good ones. Just like i encountered you now.

Thank you for the reply. That was beautiful. My eyes started to sweat a little bit. Finnish men do NOT cry, and all that, you know.

I enjoy helping others also. That is where i get my best kicks from. When i know that i have helped someone, anyone, makes me feel that i am useful and benevolent. That brings me pleasure.

I wish you all the best also. Look, i sense stuff. Even online. You are one of the good humans. Those humans are getting rare these days, almost extinct by now. Sometimes i encounter some of them. The good ones. Just like i encountered you now.
Thank you SO much Japi, I really really appreciate that <3
Oh! You will like this, for my job I am a veterinary nurse :) I take care of animals.

I'm almost 7 months off and I still can't get high or drunk but I smoke weed regularly anyway. It's like my brain is craving dopamine and even though it barely works I do it anyway lol When did you ability to get drunk come back?

I have been off invega injections for more 4 years and I still cannot feel the effects of nicotine so your defs not alone I dont know about alcohol because I don't drink at all. oh def the body is trying to reuptake the dopamine but cannot for some reason because of the antagonist effect on the receptor most def the dopamine D2 is the main problem with this drug it so damn strong it's almost like it cause it to become dysfunction long term.

Without a doubt I wont ever recover fully its been 4 years off invega injection if it hasn't happened now it's not ever going to happen but im ok with that. Having the invega injection forced on me was the biggest wake up i have ever had because I wont ever trust a doctor or anyone in that field in my life.

Last edited:
I have been off invega injections for more 4 years and I still cannot feel the effects of nicotine so your defs not alone I dont know about alcohol because I don't drink at all. oh def the body is trying to reuptake the dopamine but cannot for some reason because of the antagonist effect on the receptor most def the dopamine D2 is the main problem with this drug it so damn strong it's almost like it cause it to become dysfunction long term.

Without a doubt I wont ever recover fully its been 4 years off invega injection if it hasn't happened now it's not ever going to happen but im ok with that. Having the invega injection forced on me was the biggest wake up i have ever had because I wont ever trust a doctor or anyone in that field in my life.
It's insanely strong. I never would have guessed that a drug is so strong that it actually negates the effects of weed before I took this. It's hideously amazing that the drug is that potent.

I am 21 pounds overweight from this stupid injection! I want to fucking end it! But I don’t know if I’m treatment resistant on other antipsychotics and I feel like I’m stuck in a god damn box and all antipsychotics make you gain weight! They slow down your movements and don’t let you workout this is the worst experience of my life and all I do is walk and try to lose the weight brought on by Invega Sustenna. My best shot is being brought down to the 25mg injection and then possibly switching to a different antipsychotic or hoping this was all just a psychosis and not something more serious from drug abuse. This sucks so bad.

I’m around 9 months off of invega trinza and things are getting better. I’m back to playing music all day and enjoying listening alittle bit more. I’m no longer suicidal but I am sedated, it could be from the 200 mg of abilify shot I get every month but I have a feeling that once I lower the shot even more things will get even better. Have hope people.

It's insanely strong. I never would have guessed that a drug is so strong that it actually negates the effects of weed before I took this. It's hideously amazing that the drug is that potent.
Yep me neither it’s insane. SAMe and Methylenetetrahydrofolate and other methylated b vitamins def help me now days get though. Give SAMe and the methylated b vitamins stuff a go it definitely worth a shot mate. Its almost like I become used to it how I feel and I don’t know anything different so I carrying on with life like it never happened lol. Still to this day I still think it’s drug induced Parkinsons that maybe not go away in some cases.

I’m around 9 months off of invega trinza and things are getting better. I’m back to playing music all day and enjoying listening alittle bit more. I’m no longer suicidal but I am sedated, it could be from the 200 mg of abilify shot I get every month but I have a feeling that once I lower the shot even more things will get even better. Have hope people.
Thank you for sharing this, that is so awesome <3

Status
Not open for further replies.