Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

This will likely be the last time I post here because I feel I've recovered enough and don't really need to be here anymore. I took the 230mg loading dose and 150mg booster of paliperidone long-lasting injection around the 10th of December 2020. A couple weeks after taking it was when I started to feel bad and starting reading up about it. I had akathisia in the first month and then anhedonia for the next 6 months that eventually made me suicidal for like 4 of those 6 months. None of the psychiatrists would take responsibility for it and told me the drug should of worn off after 1 month. I was furious, I knew I wasn't suicidal for no reason and the fact they denied the drug was still in my system was unbelievable. I still want to get revenge for the fucked cunt psychiatrist that prescribed me that poison but I digress. Around July 2021 (6 months after the loading doses) was when I began to not feel suicidal anymore but I still had a lot of anhedonia and my life wasn't great but I was happy I just wasn't suicidal anymore. Around 1-2 months in I also could not feel drugs anymore, like not illicit drugs but ANY drugs. From paracetamol to endone didn't matter they had no affect so there was no relief from the anhedonia. I was in and out of psychiatric wards because of the anhedonia and I remember the last time I was in there I was thinking I don't know how many more times I can go to the hospital to say I was suicidal and they had nothing to help and if anything just told me I was psychotic again, I really was contemplating properly ending it if things didn't get better. But after that last admission was when I started feeling better luckily.

After that it has taken another 6 months to feel what I would say comfortably is 90% better/to my old self. At this time I was still lying on the couch able to do not much but experience the restless, uncomfortable and the overall anhedonic feeling that consumed my life. I was counting on it getting better I would literally just make it day by day. Soon once I could concentrate a little bit again I would browse reddit and youtube literally all day, it was all I was capable of and being anhedonic I barely enjoyed it but forced my mind to do something productive. This drug also fucked with my back, I had to see a chiropractor and he said your posture is often affected when you experience mental illness so yes it would affect your back (however I had back problems before paliperidone). The drug also fucked up my sleep, I could not nap during the day even though I wanted to and I'd go to sleep at like 9pm because I just wanted time to go forward and slept like 13 hours. The 13 hour sleep would feel like I just blinked and there was no restfulness about it. However, after the 6 month mark my sleep began improving until I could nap during the day (which I began indulging in a lot) and actually began sleeping to much, so it swang around the other way. Also after maybe 8 months I started sweating in bed and would wake up drenched which means your body is cleaning the drug out of your system. The drug also ruined my appetite and I could never eat anything, some people it does the opposite.

In terms of treatments I used during my experience, I tried a lot of stuff and found not much difference in how I felt. I ended up on Zoloft 200mg, multivitamins and St. Johns Wort. Although I couldn't tell the difference, I just took them anyway. Also as soon as I could get up off the couch I would go for walks, the felt really good for some reason. It was like they would produce dopamine that would get past the paliperidone when nothing else would, and believe my I tried I was smoking weed through most of my experience hoping it would work and it never did. Otherwise this experience is like being tortured for 6-8 months straight so you just hang on to the next day and ride out the pain there isn't too much else you can do. But being here and having people to relate to was a great help, I remember reading recovery stories and hoping mine would come soon and was kind of jealous lol never thought my day would come when I would be comfortable enough to write this. To be honest I'd thought about writing something but only just now got around to it.

So now I'm almost at 12 months off from my last dose and I can now get about 50% high (weed) but other drugs are working again and I can get drunk. The anhedonia has like 90% gone and kind of just feels like I'm still mildly sedated now. My sleep is back to normal, however I still sweat a little bit in the night so I'd say the drug isn't completely gone yet. Just goes to show how long this drug can stay in your system, the psychiatrists don't know shit about the drug they're giving people. My appetite is pretty good I eat dinner and snacks but my lunch time appetite still isn't back. My concentration is fine, enjoying computer games again, music all that stuff. I also feel like my old self, like some people say it changes you or something but I disagree, I feel exactly how I did before I had paliperidone. My back is improved almost completely as well. Anyone have any questions feel free to reply and I'll answer them. I'll hang around for a few more days to do that.

So I hope that helps people get an indication of what it's like on this drug and approximate time frames they could expect to recover. Anyway, now I'm off to go bash the shit out my psychiatrist and then go home to smoke a joint and play BF 2042.

P.S I was not diagnosed with schizophrenia. I have a couple friends who have and say that they require AP's to stop their minds from wandering. So I'm not saying AP's are bad but paliperidone injectable (and really any slow release injectable) definitely is, avoid them at all costs. My friends take pills and said they had to switch around a bit to find one that they felt pretty good on. My advice is centred around paliperidone only.

Last edited:
I feel worse at @month 3 than month 2 its because of high prolactin i can sense it i have 0 sex drive 0 interest in woman i dont even know if im male or female

@loosewheelnut thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us on here. It's been really helpful. I hope to see you in other areas of the Bluelight forum, even if you don't feel the need to post in this thread any more :)

None of those people fully recovered. You say that you’re fully recovered but spend 24/7 on this website and never leave. It’s been 24 hours and you’re still replying instantly to these replies.
A lot of people spend A LOT of time on this forum every day for various reasons, it doesn't mean anything, especially about whether someone has recovered from invega or not.

Are you mentally challenged my last post was at 12:44 pm how is that 24/7?, read there profiles are you just that stupid, you can even comprehend a simple YouTube video, you seem like you have mild retardation. We just posted 3 full recovery story’s. Do you need your binoculars?
Please pull your head in mate, you can't talk to people like that on here. Please remain respectful at all times when replying to anyone on Bluelight.

Goddamnit im absolutely fucking ruined and they want to force me other meds as well this is absolute bullshit absolute fuxking bullshit..im angry as hell big middle finger to everyone fuck life and fuxk western civilization i wish i was born in some 3th world shithole

How the fuck can it be this drug stays in the body for close to a year and no psychiatrist is able to notice..one fucking phonecall to janssen and i found out motherfucking bullshit absolute horseshit

Mood stabilizer prevents psychosis
What I think is that psyhosis dont extist. I think its when brain becomes more efficient actualy but you cant control yourself, you get lost in your thoughts and creativity. Its similar with kundalini awakening, lot of people get lost cuz of super fast brain. Same with meth and hard psyhodelics sometimes.

Goddamnit fucking bullshit this is..one fucking shot takes on year and no fucking doctor is able to know

What I think is that psyhosis dont extist. I think its when brain becomes more efficient actualy but you cant control yourself, you get lost in your thoughts and creativity. Its similar with kundalini awakening, lot of people get lost cuz of super fast brain. Same with meth and hard psyhodelics sometimes.
Psyhosis is gift if you can not get lost in what it gives you (gives you more efficient brain basicly, better dopamine efficiency, better serotonine efficiency).

Problem can happen when with that super creativity you start believing some thing that is not considered normal and convince yourself that its true, again out of creativity. It means brain uses memory connections (serotonine) better if it can do that. Dopamine plays only factor of enjoyment and focus that it gives you while you're creating that belief. And so called "delusion" is created and they can diagnose you now with psyhosis.

Last edited:
Problem is when with that super creativity you start believing some thing that is not considered normal and convince yourself that its true, again out of creativity. It means brain uses memory connections (serotonine) better if it can do that. Dopamine plays only factor of enjoyment and focus that it gives you while you're creating that belief. And so called "delusion" is created and they can diagnose you now with psyhosis.
But also going from belief to actions shouldn't be done, ever. Thats how biggest problems happens. Also talking about something others would think is not normal shouldnt be done.

Problem can happen when with that super creativity you start believing some thing that is not considered normal and convince yourself that its true, again out of creativity. It means brain uses memory connections (serotonine) better if it can do that. Dopamine plays only factor of enjoyment and focus that it gives you while you're creating that belief. And so called "delusion" is created and they can diagnose you now with psyhosis.
Problem can also happen if your brain is racing(ur thinking somebody is doing conspiracy, etc), that can happen if your mind is not still or not in peace, what can be acomplished with 1h meditation daily and many yogic methods, trick is to make mind works for you and not you for your mind. Your mind cant be in peace while AP works efficiently even if you do meditation.

Psyhosis is gift if you can not get lost in what it gives you (gives you more efficient brain basicly, better dopamine efficiency, better serotonine efficiency).
I cannot stand these fucking dopamine antagonists in most cases schizophrenics have low dopamine not high. This whole psychiatry thing is bullshit. Most ones that heal fastest also have alot of psychosis..not sure if kundalini is related to psychosis people also have psychosis on meth

I cannot stand these fucking dopamine antagonists in most cases schizophrenics have low dopamine not high. This whole psychiatry thing is bullshit. Most ones that heal fastest also have alot of psychosis..not sure if kundalini is related to psychosis people also have psychosis on meth
Bliss is much less stronger than kundalini since I experienced it and it boosts dopamine efficency significantly and makes you feel super good 24/7. My kundalini awakening came very fast after bliss. Kundalini makes your dopamine efficiency super fast, super boosts 5+ hormones efficiency, super boosts senses, super boosts health and does many more. It has similarities to psyhosis but this would be giga psyhosis in eyes of pdoc lol. I was on its effect for 2 weeks until I got ap, so hope kundalini will help recovery. My definition of psyhosis is enhanced dopamine efficiency. I had no so called delusions from kundalini and bliss, but western pdoc thought Im delusional cuz I said smth about indian and hinduistic things: chakras, prana, bliss, enhanced senses and similar.

Last edited:
@t_xeplionhell and @apsucks I just have to chime in here. Psychosis is very much a real phenomenon, as are delusions and hallucinations. There is a LOT of scientific evidence that shows that psychosis and delusions are caused by an over-abundance of dopamine in the mesolimbic region and the hippocampus in the brain.
I agree that sometimes psychosis can lead to beautiful things, artwork, new ideas, creative outlets, beautiful poetry and song lyrics etc.
But psychosis, delusions and hallucinations can also be very dangerous and have a very negative impact on the person's life.
This is why antipsychotics exist.

I am NOT necessarily pro-antipsychotics, but they do have their place in medicine for very extreme cases where the patient is in very real danger of hurting themselves and/or others.

Anyone who reads these invega threads knows that antipsychotics are overused and misused in psychiatry and it is something that needs to be addressed.

But....psychosis, hallucinations and delusions definitely exist, and in some cases they are definitely a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.