• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & MDMA: The Hippyflip

I have a question about hippyflipping and would really appreciate some help in the matter :) I'm an experienced mdma user, however, I haven't done shrooms before. We've managed to get hold of some for new years eve, and although I am excited, I have become slightly worried by reading about comparisons of shrooms to weed (which makes me really paranoid and introspective), and then I remembered reading about hippyflipping.

I am quite interested in it, as I am experienced in mdma and k, and I love that combination, perhaps slightly too much, but I was wondering if this was a good idea? I know I'd feel far more comfortable doing the mdma as well, just looking for any advice?

The only psychedelic I have experience with is k, and it is something which I used to do often, alone, so I could truly get the visuals, and even total out of body experiences, which I've always looked forward to, and in fact relished, so a lot of the reading about shrooms, has comforted me as it seems similar, however, again, I think I would feel more comfortable on the night with some mdma.

I will be in my home, so the setting will be the most comfortable i could possibly be in.

So for that section my question is: Is it a good idea considering I haven't done shrooms before?

Also another 2 questions,

1. if i do decide to do this, I find that I get pretty bad come ups on mdma (nervous/angry that other people are having fun and I'm not/extremely sleepy), so I personally would prefer to do the mdma first, then do the shrooms. Is this ok? Most of the trip reports I've read, and a lot of the posts here say the other way around, but I don't want to ruin a good shroom trip with a bad md come up.

2. I was thinking to do maybe just over a gram of the shrooms, and under a quarter of mdma overall, however, do about 100 mg md, then the shrooms, then redose md/rest of the shrooms as I feel through the night.. would this be safe, firstly, and secondly, a good time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) thank you! Sorry for the long post by the way, just want to know as much as possible before doing it :)

Last edited:
^ Well first of all you def don't wanna dose the MDMA first. Coming down off MDMA sucks anyway, but add the middle of a shroom trip to that and it can get quite ugly.

Second, I generally advise people to avoid combining things for your first time. It's best to be like 'ok, yeah, this is just the shrooms. this is normal.' rather than 'holy fucking god what is happening im so terrified make it stop' know what i mean jellybean?

id just stick the mdma man. If you do do it though, either take the mdma after the shrooms (about 1.5 hours after is best imo) or if you take the MDMA first make SURE you have plenty left to keep eating. we all love that feeling of having more mdma to dose.

oh...and your comment about the MDMA come up worries me. shrooms are a whole beast of their own when it comes to nervous/anxious feeling for the first hour or two. tread lightly friend.

That's the thing, comedowns are replaced by bad come ups for me. I've never really been that affected by comedowns, sometimes my body feels a bit funny, but mentally I'm just quite tired, and a good sleep the next day does the trick.

Yes that's half of what I'm worried about, seeing as my md come up is quite bad, I don't want a bad shroom 'come up' to ruin my trip. I have however been wanting to try shrooms for a while, and its basically the perfect opportunity, in my home, with people I love around me.

Thanks for your advice, any other viewpoints/advice would be appreciated :)

on my one "hippyflip" I noticed the effects of each one diminish slightly as mushrooms are usually quite apparent I found myself searching for the MDMA euphoria and finding less of it while simultaniously hallucinating less than I would expect at that dose. Same with LSD and MDMA, it lessens the hallucinations but takes the dark edge from the trip making it much more inviting and fun (on hallucinagens you get paranoid about how you may be appearing to others but on an MDMA and mushroom combo you just don't care :) )

Didn't feel all to intelligent on this combo(friends were reminding me of what i'm doing as i'm forgetting it) but i couldn't picture a better combo for playful groundbreaking lovemaking or dancing, a truely spiritually freeing combination! I lost all pretensions (also apparently the ability to do basic math and remember my own sentences while speaking them) and felt truely like a child again, I never wanted to leave those moments and I will surely remember them heartwarmingly on my deathbed.

I just picked up an eighth of some chocolates at a show that the dealer specifically told me not to eat more than half of and will probably end up having .4 of the wonderful 2,5-methylenedioxymethamphetamine.
Pretty sure you mean 3,4-MDMA.

I have hippyflipped! I prefer to start with the E/MDMA then after I'm rollin I'll eat a couple grams of mushrooms then I always have some more of both on hand to keep that buzz going!!! as for the come down it really depends on what kind of mushrooms you eat and how good your E was...some mushrooms make me a bit sick and coming down off bad E in always nasty...also If your up hippyflippen for 3 days at a festival the come down sucks.....but in moderate amounts of good shit, I usually feel great after its all done!!

hippie flippin first time

Hey guys ill be.hippie flippin for first time this weekend.at.home. ive never.done psychedelics before. I smoke alot of.pot i get anxiety sometimes... and i have experience with mdma.
So i wanna.try mushrooms see what.its like to trip im scare of.having a.bad trip thats why im hippie flippn.
How much mushrooms should i take and whats.the best time.to.drop.the.mdma
I want.to.have.a.good first trip.at home
Thanks for.any tips

Im definitly gonna.drop.some.molly ...
How much.of shrooms.should.i eat and when to.take the.mollis
Also i.already did lots.of.reading regarding shrooms
Im.male by the way 6ft 175lb

Last edited:
Where the fuck did you learn to write?

I'm definitely gonna drop some molly...
How much shrooms should I eat, and when should I take the molly?
Also, I already did lots of reading regarding shrooms.
I'm male, by the way, 6ft 175lb.
fixed

Start with mushrooms alone. Honestly, I'd steer clear of shrooms altogether. I don't think you could handle that mind fuck. I think you make a great candy kid, though. 8)

Where the fuck did you learn to write?

fixed

Start with mushrooms alone. Honestly, I'd steer clear of shrooms altogether. I don't think you could handle that mind fuck. I think you make a great candy kid, though. 8)

Jajaja im not from america sorry for the grammar lol
Ill eat 1/16 of shrooms and one hour later drop my molly im ready for a.mind fuck ill share my trip later this week

1/16 is a good dose to start at to gauge potency. See where that takes you and scale up as much as necessary. Sorry for being harsh, bro.

Months later I fixed my mistake. You don't have to tell me how bad my organic chemistry is. I'm still learning ;)

1-1.5g shrooms & 200mg mdma.. what to expect?

I'm going to an event which I'm told is basically a shroom/dmt fest at a science museum.
I plan on hippieflipping there for the first time, though I've got years of experience with mdma, and I've done shrooms twice(first time was worst day of my life, second time one of the best).

It looks like my dosage will be 1-1.5g shrooms and 200mg of mdma. Both are confirmed quality and from trusted sources.
I'm planning to start with the shrooms, then about 45 minutes later take 100mg of mdma, then follow up with the last 100mg about an hour later.
Is that the best route? With those dosages, what should I expect the experience to be like?
Also, roughly how long will it last from start to finish?

Thanks.

"I'm going to an event which I'm told is basically a shroom/dmt fest at a science museum."

Nice. Have fun :)