• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & MDMA: The Hippyflip

markys girlf here, bonefish, if i were you, id forget about the shrooms, if youve only had them a couple times, taking them out in public, outwith your usual environment might freak you out. youll have a nice nite all the same on the swedgers, keep the shrooms till you get home if you really want to take them. you can only guess the potency of the shrooms, you could end up in right mess. my opinion only, from my own experiences, but hey its up to you.

ahh i am pretty nervous, especially hearing that marky. i've heard of a lot of incredible experiences about mixing the two, but i'm still reluctant.

i wanna know if theres any danger involved in this if it turned out to be a pill w pipes

I've only tried it once, I snorted 75mgs of MDMA and ate 1 gram of mushrooms. I also smoked a lot of pot. They were low doses but they potentate each other exponentially. I also smoked a lot of pot. I pretty much lost touch with reality and was in my own little world. I ran around screaming "I'm Odin!" at my friends in a park for a while. I think you'll be fine if you don't smoke weed, but if you do I think a rave would be a bad environment. If you do it take much lower doses than you usually would. Unfortunately if you're taking pressed pills you won't know the dosage.

If you were talking LSD, even several hits plus your roll would be A-OK for a rave. Not so with shrooms (for me atleast, even at small doses). If I did that I'd be standing still, nervous, and wondering why my hands and fingers look twice their usual size. Shrooms are a mental battle for me, best used with a couple of friends either at home or a secluded outdoor place.

Yeah. It's never a good idea to take an unknown drug combo surrounded by strangers.

This.

Get a test kit and test your drugs so you can use with confidence.

A friend hippy flipped at a rave and had a horrible time, they had to bail and take a taxi home from the overstimulation and being overpeopled. But by the time they got going in the cab turns out they settled down. I think they ended up taking a few grams of mushrooms and an unknown quantity (to me, that is) quantity of E.

Merged, check this thread for some info - and be sure to read some erowid reports on the combination. :)

I might have done this sometime but not really clear and well, or a long time ago, anyway it's similar to a candyflip which is absolutely incredible.

i was with my buddy this one time and it was his first hippyflip he took 6gs of cubesnis and 2 flips he said i was laughing and i turned into devil with the horns and everything when i was laughing histerically being on shrooms but no e at the time and he said my face turn blue and black also purple well u get the picture sounds like a good time :)

i was thinking of trying a hippie flip at a small show in a few weeks.
just looking for any suggestions.
i was going to do 2g of shrooms and then 1.5 pills or 2 pills about 45mins-60mins later. and then another pill or 1.5 pills a few hours later
this would be my first time hippying but i have candied before and done shrooms and acid 3-4 times each.
one of the only problems i can see is that i will have a few first time rollers with me who i will have to look out for- but i think i should be pretty with it on such a safe dose.
ive had these pills and these shrooms before so im not super worried about them surprising me.
also last time i fryed at a rave i was pretty nervous but i wasn't flipping so im hoping that the rolls will take away any nervousness.
thanks for any help. :D

Smellytim, The first time rollers should be looking out for you. I would advise against hippyflipping your 1st time at a public event. Candyflipping has Incredible synergy. Hippyflipping tends to be a little unpredictable as I find it is hard to hit the sweet spot. If you dose right and time it right, you will have an amazing trip. If you don't, it usually tends to feel like the 2 drugs are fighting eachother. Like your rolling balls, then tripping hard, back and forth. It isn't as good as it sounds, it gets uncomfortable. If your content on actually doing this at a show, I think you should take the 2g, wait till you are almost peaking, and take 1 tab. This way, its easier to walk around and interact without feeling a bodyload. Taking too much x will overpower the shrooms. I've also found that taking too much x with shrooms makes you not want to move at all. Just sit and watch the cool visuals you get. 2g and 1 tab around an hour in should make for a clear headed trip with really awesome visuals and intense euphoria! Its my favorite hippyflip dose!

Remember, shrooms and X together are a lot stronger than the 2 separate. Don't underestimate a hippyflip :)

Last edited:
His name is actually Alexander Shulgin not Albert and yeah he is a beast.

My recomendation for hippy flipping would be 2g shrooms and 2 or more pills to keep that energy going thats the best IMO.

Alright. I have to throw my question in here since it's rather specific and I haven't seen anyone ask this incarnation of it. Feel free of course to move/delete my post if it's not appropriate. I'm going to a nye rave and I want to try the hippy flip for the first time. I'm not exactly a psychonaut, but I can definitely handle my doses, even when they're stupid high(5 potent dancing bears/a quarter of nice, strong shrooms/2 g's of DXM...). I like to get facefucked when I drop. I've never done less than an eighth of shrooms and I consider anything less than .3 of some clean molly shafted and redosed with .2(preferably .5 and .3, respectively) a complete waste of my favorite chemical.
Now on to my resources and expectations. I just picked up an eighth of some chocolates at a show that the dealer specifically told me not to eat more than half of and will probably end up having .4 of the wonderful 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine. What I'm really going for is an intense roll with some crazy visuals and the body high of the shrooms as a supplement. Really not interested in full out tripping at a rave. I just want to party like I've never partied before. That being said, does anyone have a recommendation(s) to reach this goal? Yes, I've read all the posts saying don't flip for the first time in public. That's why I'm here asking this specific question to decide how much I'm willing to gamble here. Thanks everyone in advance for any insight/advice!

Last edited:
Really not interested in full out tripping at a rave. I just want to party like I've never partied before. That being said, does anyone have a recommendation(s) to reach this goal?
Save the mushrooms for a better enviroment and take the MDMA at the rave...

I may just end up doing that. I was simply wondering if there is an ideal dosing ratio/schedule that could intentionally overpower the shrooms for an augmented roll.

Not really. The synergy is such that you will likely trip fairly hard regardless of dosages ime. Really not a great combination outside of a controlled enviroment (I'm sure some will disagree though).

That's more what I was looking for. I'll probably end up trying the next time I find shrooms then and decide for myself if I want to try raving and flipping based on actual experience. You know, the smart thing to do. Not my specialty...That being said, thank you abrad. I still appreciate anyone else's input if they care to share, but I'll probably end up waiting either way.

Which I don't doubt given everyone here's enthusiasm. I just don't want to get distracted by cyclical thought patterns and all the other shroom mindfuck properties when I'm just tryna dance and whatnot. I can see where the body highs would mix well and I'd love to have some nice visuals with my roll. Just not the whole philosophical/existential element that seems unavoidable with as much synergy going on as has been repeatedly indicated.

I think hippyflipping is lame. Super lame. I grow mushrooms and have had quite a surplus to do a bit of experimenting with.

The MDMA just strips away what I love about mushies. The ego loss, being gone in space/in another dimension, not feeling your body..the E just keeps it totally grounded, which ain't cool imo. Not saying it's not fun or you don't feel good, I just see no reason to ever waste ecstasy with mushrooms when there's MDMA + LSD. So much more enjoyable for me. So much more synergy.

Now DXM + Shrooms
N2O + Shrooms
Weed + Shrooms

There's some epic combos for you.

I don't think that MDMA enhances the shroom trip. The way I see it, shrooms can enhance the MDMA experience, add more to it and often times make it many more times fun. I've also noticed that eating shrooms while rolling seems to prevent the MDMA hangover.