• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & Alcohol

Only once have a puked on mushrooms and it was due to nicotine not alcohal or marijuana. THe only time i had a ciggerette on shrooms, i rolled up a personal cig with no filter and started to smoke when i was hallucinating like crazy. THrew up and hallucnations stopped! I didnt understand haha I thought I would have some left in my system. Total waste of a trip.

tablehead said:
Only once have a puked on mushrooms and it was due to nicotine not alcohal or marijuana. THe only time i had a ciggerette on shrooms, i rolled up a personal cig with no filter and started to smoke when i was hallucinating like crazy. THrew up and hallucnations stopped! I didnt understand haha I thought I would have some left in my system. Total waste of a trip.

That is wierd, because I don't typically smoke cigarettes, but taking a few drags on a hand-rolled cig didn't effect me at all.

Smoking weed definately helps settle my stomach when I take mushrooms or pretty much any drug. It also compliments a mushrooms trip quite nice IMO. Weed just seems to go with everything. :)

burn out said:
what is it about mushrooms that fucks up your stomach? (this question is to everyone).
There's 5-HT utilizing neurons that control feelings of nausea, upset stomach, and such. My hypothesis is that the early stimulation of these receptors may cause certain people to experience these symptoms.

Geist89 said:
There's 5-HT utilizing neurons that control feelings of nausea, upset stomach, and such. My hypothesis is that the early stimulation of these receptors may cause certain people to experience these symptoms.

i realize that nausea and upset stomach are common side effects of many drugs that dont necessarily damage the stomach and the psilocybin binding to my receptors could easily produce nausea without doing serious harm to my already damaged stomach. however, what concerns me more than the nausea, is the PAIN. when i ate mushrooms, i experienced not only nausea but also stomach pain throughout and after the trip. does the 5-HT also cause pain?

another concern i have is the fact that even people with completely healthy stomachs seem to sometimes run intro problems with mushrooms. for example, some of my friends who drink loads of alcohol and have no problems with it still complain of stomach pain on mushrooms. and other people on the internet who presumably had healthy stomachs have had things like this happen to them: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6126603/an/0/page/17

(guy threw up blood for those who don't want to click the link)

another post on the shroomery talks of someone who did mushrooms once a week for a year and now has lasting stomach problems. most people who drink alcohol once a week for a year dont end up with lasting problems from it. and finally, a thread i found on drugs.uk.forum had someone end up in the ER with extreme abdominal pain after doing shrooms 4 days in a row.

so if people are throwing up blood and ending up in the ER from doing shrooms, it makes me very afraid of what might happen to me with my stomach the way it is. yet i can't help but think maybe i could get away with just doing it once. i don't know what to do.

magic mushrooms + alcohol

Hey everyone, ive done mushies twice now, and im planning on doing them again very soon.

Does anyone know if you can drink when you do them ?

and if its bad or anything ?

thanks

you can drink on them, there is no toxic reaction...but I have found drinking alcohol on mushrooms puts me in a very dark/negative place, psychologically.

My friends, however, many of them drink on the comedown.

I like to drink a few nice beers while tripping, I feel like it takes some of the edge off.

If you drink one or two beforehand, it helps to mitigate some of the nervousness or anxiety. While tripping, drinking doesn't affect you at all. Drinking on the comedown is basically more of the same.

I haven't had a bad trip while drinking though.

If you drink one or two beforehand, it helps to mitigate some of the nervousness or anxiety. While tripping, drinking doesn't affect you at all. Drinking on the comedown is basically more of the same.

Same for me.

I can drink and drink and drink and not feel the booze at all, although my motor co-ordination will become poor. A couple of beers helps the nausea and nerves greatly on the come up, whilst making the comedown easier.

I wouldn't advise having more than a few drinks though, as this somewhat increases the body load whilst adding nothing to the overall experience.

generally I dont like mixing alky with psychedelics, but I could see if you dosed the shrooms at night and towards the end were just trying to mellow out again for some nights rest some nice beers could be useful.

i have friends who shroom drunk though, they like it.

samadhi_smiles said:
you can drink on them, there is no toxic reaction...but I have found drinking alcohol on mushrooms puts me in a very dark/negative place, psychologically.

Same for me.

I would say don't drink while on shrooms, it will take some of the magic away. Just enjoy them as they are.

Sometimes I have one or two SNPA's when I'm coming up on acid, but with shrooms, my stomach is just too fucked to bother. I'm usually pretty nauseous on the come-up.

Plus, as has been mentioned, alcohol kills that psychedelic magic. Which is the whole reason to use psychedelics in the first place; they're not drugs to just get "fucked up" on.

You got some good advice in this thread already, but this subject has been covered many a time, and often with controversy. I'd basically say that alcohol increases body load, may relax you, but also may make things more confusing and difficult to control. If you're trying to treat psychedelic anxiety, look into meditation and ways of breaking your thought loops, and as a last resort, take a benzo, if you want a good recreational drug, smoke some pot and drink some beer, and avoid the psychedelics.

Shroomies - with alcohol?

I was just wondering if you guys do this too?

So i used to do shrooms once and awhile when ever me and my friends could get, and i haven't used in a loong time but about 2 weeks ago we got some and we in the country so i did it(it was amazing), but this is my question do you guys drink beer while on shrooms, I dont smoke weed anymore and just drink a lot all the time now,
But on shrooms last time we drank a lot and it was a first for me to drink that much on shrooms,
Ive drank on shrooms once before but wasnt really into it.

So im just wondering if you guys like to drink while on shrooms.

I find it impossible to drink on acid or shrooms. Everything tastes weird and i dont feel like it at all. I only drink so i can get tipsy or drunk so if im high on anything then drinking wouldnt matter to me but everyones different. Id prefer to drink after i camedown.

I've once heard it's nice from a friend, and I once had a relatively good experience drinking while on acid, though that's a whole different animal. Depending on your outlook on drinking and your reasons for eating the mushrooms, I can see it going either way.

If you drink everyday it wont effect the trip too much

Sometimes I like having a few beers to help ease into it

I get very anxious on the come up with psychedelics and alcohol helps relax me