Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Cannabis

rickolasnice

Bluelighter

[original post:]

What do you think of LSD being combined with cannabis and why?

Does it increase anxiety levels? Increase intensity of visuals? Etc.. ?

I'm basically looking at the difference between LSD and LSD with cannabis..

A bit of basic back ground info may help (experience levels with each one / the combo)..

Last edited by a moderator:
It will make the visuals more pronounced but it can add anxiety if you do not smoke a lot or get anxiety from marijuana easily. For someone who smokes a lot, it can help calm them down and is very enjoyable. If you smoke a lot of weed usually, you would probably like to smoke while on LSD but if you don't then I would advise against it, unless your trip is not strong/substantial enough for you.

OrneTTe said:
It will make the visuals more pronounced but it can add anxiety if you do not smoke a lot or get anxiety from marijuana easily. For someone who smokes a lot, it can help calm them down and is very enjoyable. If you smoke a lot of weed usually, you would probably like to smoke while on LSD but if you don't then I would advise against it, unless your trip is not strong/substantial enough for you.

This is basically it. I smoke everyday and love to smoke while on LSD but I have tripped with other people that dont' smoke everyday and it definetly caused some anxiety in them. BTW these people have taken acid before without smoking weed and then told me that there experience was different when smoking.

Ornette's pretty much dead on. Personally I smoke fairly regularly (somewhere between a few times a week and a few times a day) and enjoy it on LSD. However I don't feel a particular desire to smoke while on it like I do with shrooms where I will usually smoke like hourly the whole trip, and I have had a lot of acid trips that felt very complete without smoking.

I prefer lsd without weed. I'm not a regular pot smoker and for me it clouds the trip and ads anxiety .

i can't do acid without smoking at least once during my trip. if i don't smoke i get a really bad craving for it at which point i go on a mission to find/smoke weed. this behavior has gotten me lost in the woods before. lesson: never leave your tent without weed, ever.

I won't trip unless I have weed to smoke. I like dropping and smoking right after. That way when it kicks in your already baked. One of the most intense experiences I've ever had was 4 hits of acid and AK-47 out of a vaporizer

I fucking love smoking pot while on lsd...its one of my favorite tripping activites:D. It does kinda cloud the experience, but not enough to cause concern. The only time in which it gives me anxiety (which i get somewhat anyway from smoking) is when im in public...otherwise, if its possible, then ill be smoking the entire time. Especially with exceptional pot. I can analyse every aspect of the bud that im smoking, and be able to tell with accuracy the level at which my high has increased, whether drastically or minimally. Fact is, if im stuck inside for a trip, ill be smoking the entire time if i can. And there is nothing better than smoking a fat joint of kc 33 in the middle of the woods high on acid with your friends. In fact, I dont think ive ever taken lsd without smoking pot at least once during the experience.=D....but then again...i am a pothead!

hebb22 said:
I won't trip unless I have weed to smoke. I like dropping and smoking right after. That way when it kicks in your already baked. One of the most intense experiences I've ever had was 4 hits of acid and AK-47 out of a vaporizer

it's nice when you can tell that it's not just the weed that's making you high anymore. the acid high kinda blends in at first and then takes over and sends me into full-on tripping. i love it.

rickolasnice said:
What do you think of LSD being combined with cannabis and why?

Does it increase anxiety levels? Increase intensity of visuals? Etc.. ?

I'm basically looking at the difference between LSD and LSD with cannabis..

Does it increase anxiety? Yes, if you are already anxious or on the fence. If you are totally chillin on the L and the environment is groovy, this may not be a factor.

Does it increase visuals? Hell yeah. Weed increases the visual effect of any psychedelic I can think of.

When I'm tripping on LSD and the thought occurs to me to smoke some ganja, I have to evaluate my state of mind first. Because I have had LSD trips become difficult right after smoking ganja. I find that it's usually my physical state that becomes more distorted, for example I may find it easier to believe that something is wrong with my body and this can cause my anxiety, thought loops, etc.

However I find that coming down off the peak of LSD, cannabis can bring back a totally new and more spaced out peak. This can be a relaxing time since any anxiety the LSD might have added to the experience in the come-up or peak has probably already subsided.

If you aren't sure, try just smoking a single hit of the ganja, wait 5 minutes, and see how things have changed. No need to smoke a blunt to the dome right as you're on your way up!

Anxiety as its been said does increase a little when combining the two. Tripping and smoking go together so well its worth whatever mental risk i face. Taking a big hit about 40 minutes after dropping the dose is golden

Having a smoke on the comedown is fucking good IMO.

That apart I generally wouldn't bother on LSD - it's very good at reducing nausea in susceptible folks tho.

Most anxiety states that I have gotten myself into on psychedelics are more or less directly attributable to smoking weed. I'm not much of a pothead anyway. Due to this fact, weed is pretty psychedelic for me anyway (low tolerance) and can definitely kick a trip up a notch. Oftentimes this is not necessarily in the best way ... makes things more confusing and makes me more prone to thought loops and the like. That being said, I usually wind up smoking weed whilst tripping, if only because in the social settings that I'm usually tripping, I wind up getting passed joints and bowls with wild abandon.

ive tripped on LSD 5 times, and smoked weed on 4 of these...

first time was one tab with NO weed, thigns were very smooth, slight visuals and clear mindset

2nd time was with two strong tabs, had my mind blown... smoked weed a few hours in and all it really did was make me confused for a bit and go 'into my head' for a bit.. trip was already strong so didnt affect it 2 much

3rd time was with 1/2 of the above tabs^^.. 2 hours after taking, noticed a mood lift and smooth flowing thoughts but was closer to sober then tripping-smoked weed at 2 hours and this kicked it up HARDCORE-intense racing mindset, extreme euphoria etc, no real visuals but definte changes in perception

4th time- 4 tabs of light acid, mind was fairly blown again and cones had the same effect as my 2nd trip plus i was thrown into intense thought loops for a bit after each cone but i didnt NOT enjoy it

5th time-one sugar cube, was tripping about the same as the 1st time. smoked weed and it was ewnjoyable but not intense and didnt add confusion

im a near daily weed user btw.. from wot i can gather- weed can really kick up low doses, but doesnt significantly other doses (for me anyway)-can add some cloudiness or cause me 2 get lost in my own thoughts

personally, the coolest thing about weed and LSD is looking at the visuals formed in the thick smoke u breath out :) always has jumping colours in it and looks so cool lol

zekethemusicman said:
And there is nothing better than smoking a fat joint of kc 33 in the middle of the woods high on acid with your friends. In fact, I dont think ive ever taken lsd without smoking pot at least once during the experience.=D....but then again...i am a pothead!

exactly.

ok, so it seems that:

- if you're a pothead then smoking on acid is good
- if you like weed but don't smoke often then smoking can be good but you should be careful
- if you don't like weed that much (like myself) then don't bother while on acid

I only like weed on 2c-i. They really work great together.

An acid trip is just too long for me to not smoke weed. I haven't gone twelve hours without smoking in a looong time. :)()

cant do it, you don't know how many times I used to trip L all day and like 12 hours later think I'm down just alil stimulated and decide to a hefty gravity bong to try to get to sleep only to my self stuck in a psychosis of paranoid thoughts and anxiety.