• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] 25X-NBOMe & MDMA

A) you're cutting your way through new territory.
B) you seem to be taking it cautiously which is good.

I'm not sure people can give you much more advice than that. Be sure to report back if you end up trying this combo.

Yeah never did it myself, but a friend had a great time at ~150mg/~350ug and it was more than enough for him. Always keep an eye out for vasoconstriction and muscle tension though. Not sure if you can really feel that because of the MDMA so be cautious. Maybe preload some magnesium just to be safe?

Not that he noted any of those symptoms, it's just what I'd imagine being a likely candidate for worry

IMO this is NOT a safe combination. NBOMe's are purely excitatory on the nervous system, and unlike all other psychedelics (except for the other N-benzyl PEA's), they have no mechanism that can attenuate the potentially dangerous vasoconstrictive and peripherally stimulant effects resulting from 5-HT2a agonism + catecholamine release/reuptake inhibition that occurs when NBOMe's are combined with a strong stimulant.

There is anecdotal evidence to support this proposed mechanism for negative interaction. Combinations of NBOMe's with strong stimulants have been reported to have the potential to cause severe muscle tension; in one post that I saw, the user reported physical discomfort and restriction to movement following concurrent administration of 25B and (high-dose) MDMA, as well as significant muscle pain in his/her back and neck that lasted for over 24 hours after dosing.

Furthermore, because 25C apparently seems to possess the strongest vasoconstrictive properties of the NBOMe series (except maybe for 25D IIRC), it is potentially even more dangerous to combine with strong stimulants than other NBOMe's.

I agree with that very much, good post.

Also I edited the TT. A candyflip implies LSD, simple as that. The fixed title should help avoid confusion on the topic.

MDMA isn't a typical stimulant though, it has a slightly different mechanism of action. I would suggest that caution be exercised, for the reasons mentioned above, but there are enough anecdotal reports of empath/entactogens being combined with NBOMes without drastically dangerous or otherwise negative effects that as long as the doses are reduced it will likely be okay. I myself have combined methylone and 5-methylethylone with NBOMes on different occasions and I had a blast, NBOMes only being worth taking when combined with another drug IMO.

So use serious caution when constructing your dosing regimen and you will likely have a good time.

I don't think that really matters. Other stims may have more pronounced cardiovascular effects but the serotonin remains a problem. If overactivity on 5-HT2AR can result in complications and both MDMA and the endogenous serotonin it releases further agonize the receptor, it really doesn't seem like a good idea.
Although if it turns out that people having complications are deficient in a relevant metabolic enzyme (and the uninhibited strong plasma levels would cause something like the above toxicity), knowing that you react well to NBOMe compounds would make combinations like these sort of alright as well.
However we don't know that yet. And until we do it is a question of whether you want to fuck around with such question marks.

I'd think you would know better than to make an argument using anecdotal subjective effects, D. :)