• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

green nightmare = methadone at 1g/ml?

If so I'd say 8mg daily is not likely going to be a full blockade. I think methadone is about 5 times stronger than dhc so just titrate up and see what happens.

The APAP level is a function of the amount of water used. Approximately 1g/100ml.
So as long as you use no more than 100ml of water to dissolve your pills, you can get no more than 1g of APAP in your solution (theoretically).

Definitely, this is true but the 1g maximum is only for solubility, assuming perfect filtration--where no suspended particles remain in solution. Unless we're using micron filter flasks there will always be some that gets through, so it makes it harder to tell.

just to add - around 10% of the population don't have the enzyme to convert codiene to morphine, so if you're not feeling it, perhaps this is why. something we have to remember when prescribing codiene

I've not seen it mentioned on Bluelight, but the Aeropress coffee maker is a quick and efficient way to filter your CWE. Makes enjoyable coffee too!
It's also worth avoiding tablets with povidone in if you can, as my research indicates it increases the solubility of paracetamol in water.

^+1 for the aeropress!! Haven't performed a CWE in a while, but it was really useful for them (especially while traveling!) I typically could fit about 6 of the round filters in there and still get a tight seal.

That's interesting about the povidone, I'm going to look in to that...

is it possible to absorb paracetamol if youre plugging? ie from a cwe of dihy
It would absorb if it is in solution yes. Since it isn't very water soluble and your rectum is a fairly dry part of the body if you just shove some powder up there I don't know how much would get in.

Just tried my first CWE using a tee shirt and some paper towels as filters.

Came out looking totally milky, despite seemingly having stopped all residue from going into the final mixture. Drank it up anyway.
That was an hour and a half ago, and I still feel very relaxed and carefree. No itching either.

Quite decent. Thanks to everyone for the tips.

Went out and bought some coffee filters for my next extraction though. Hopefully the end result will be a clear liquid, as it should (apparently) be.

Just tried my first CWE using a tee shirt and some paper towels as filters.

Came out looking totally milky, despite seemingly having stopped all residue from going into the final mixture. Drank it up anyway.
That was an hour and a half ago, and I still feel very relaxed and carefree. No itching either.

Quite decent. Thanks to everyone for the tips.

Went out and bought some coffee filters for my next extraction though. Hopefully the end result will be a clear liquid, as it should (apparently) be.

If it comes out very milky on a regular basis, don't continue to take it until you figure out if it is a methodological failure or some bizarre extraneous variable related to the pills you're using. You cannot easily identify whether you've truly "stopped all residue" so it's better to be safe mate.

What pills are you using?

I find a T-shirt filter to be best purely on the basis of speed (if you can ascertain that you're actually getting it right)

Try putting down a coffee filter and then your cloth filter on top of that. Once its drained down through the cloth, you can squeeze the remainder out into the coffee filter. In terms of time, its a happy medium and it consistently produced a nicely clear solution for me.

Aspirin is preferable to APAP for CWE in my opinion as well though it seems to be much rarer in what people buy. Much more of a sand like consistency with good drainage than the clay like sludge that acetaminophen generates.

This may not be the right thread , but im currently performing my usual CWE but decided to snort a little bit of one of the pills. Being quite knowledgable about drugs , I was certain i would feel nothing except a headache and a nasty drip. But Im feeling really quite out of it, even to the extent that the back of my eyes feel warm? . I thought codeine only worked by being processed through the liver? Im really quite confused maybe its just a placebo .

Codeine will still be absorbed through your nasal membrane into your blood stream. From there it will eventually travel through your liver and be converted into morphine and c6g. The amount that gets absorbed through your nose is likely low due to the amount of binders and APAP that are in the pill.

Furthermore by not having the drug get absorbed in your small/large intestine you bypass the hepatic portal system which is are the blood vessels which lead from the intestines to your liver directly. By having all the drug go through your liver on the "first pass" you would theoretically get a stronger hit.

The effects of snorting codeine would be similar to plugging with less surface area and lessened because the top half of the rectum is connected to the hepatic portal system but the bottom half just goes directly to the illiac vein which drains into the vena cava.

In effect you do get some effects but other methods are likely much better.

other methods? , is it also true that codeine actually has a ceiling effect at 60mg?

ive noticed that when i do a CWE i never get the dreaded itches.
however with 4-5 60mg codeine phosphate pills i get mad itches.

so, would doing a CWE with straight codeine phosphate tablets remove
whatever makes me itch ??

thanks!