• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

That’s pretty normal. I much prefer DPH and codeine way more than just codeine.

Codeine is more soluble in boiling water than in cold water, but even so, codeine phosphate is extremely soluble in coldwater, something like 2 grams per mL or more.

Sometimes Titanium Dioxide will turn it milky white without having any more APAP then normal in the solution. It's all about the sludge in the filter.

Skin jaundice develops usually after some time after liver failure sets in and youll be very sick in hospital with your liver function tests going haywire by the time your eyes yellow or skin yellows.

It only takes one massive overdose of paracetamol to cause irreversible liver damage then death.

You will be extremely sick. Not just throw up. If you feel like you are incredibly ill hospitals can reverse it to curb damage.

But if you stay under the maximum daily dose you will be fine.

Get your liver function tests done and relax.

I never do cwe personally so at least you're sort of going in the right direction.

Opiates are ok on livers, not the best on kidneys though.

Codeine is more soluble in boiling water than in cold water, but even so, codeine phosphate is extremely soluble in coldwater, something like 2 grams per mL or more.

I don't have a source for this, but I'll see about getting one later. But I'm fairly sure Codeine is one of those odd chemicals that gets more soluble in colder water. But even so, my recollection agrees with you that even in its not ideal solubility conditions it's still very soluble.

But yea, you may wanna double check that, I will when I can. But I'm pretty sure Codeine increases solubility and the temperature decreases.

Yeah, the old "shake tabs" were Codeine Phos.

Did some research, pretty sure it says in the following source it's more soluble in colder temperature which is consistent with what I remember. I don't have a source yet but I also read that codeine phosphate begins to decompose at 60C, if so you definitely don't wanna be boiling it.

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/codeine#section=Top

Regardless, it says at 20c it can dissolve up to 9 grams in water. So more interesting would be the APAP characteristics, because the codeine certainly isn't an issue in cold water.

I believe Erowid has some prettt good CWE info. We should somewhere in OD too.

Edit: merged with CWE mega. I think we have info on solubility at various temps somewhere in this thread now.

I’d be very disappointed if we don’t already :(

APAP:

*Very slightly soluble in cold water, soluble in boiling water

*,1g/100ml (10mg/ml) at 68F
*14 mg/mL at 77F

The above figures are to show temp variation and solubility but the sources do seem to vary.

Last edited:
An empty stomach definitely increases the absorption rate, but what about eating or drinking water after you dose? Does it noticeably affect the high?

Water is absorbed in one's gut at the rate of a liter every 20 mins. Food varies a bit more but if you give the CWE solution 15mins I think you're in the clear for eating/ drinking. Just not Cytochrome CYP 450 3A4 inducers. If you can boost CYP 2D6 with something like Glutethimide then go for it.

Has anyone ever tried dissolving pure codeine because when I try it just floats at the top instead of dissolving..

Has anyone ever tried dissolving pure codeine because when I try it just floats at the top instead of dissolving..

Then it's not pure codeine but a mixture of codeine, excipients, fillers. Pure crystalline codeine phosphate/sulfate is extremely soluble, like 9 grams/L soluble. Unless you have the freebase or something which would be strange and unlikely.

Then it's not pure codeine but a mixture of codeine, excipients, fillers. Pure crystalline codeine phosphate/sulfate is extremely soluble, like 9 grams/L soluble. Unless you have the freebase or something which would be strange and unlikely.
Mate I don't know what to tell ya it says: codeine phosphate and lactose are all these tablets contain so they defo are the right ones but they just don't dissolve like you guys say may be the UK ones are different to others I remember trying to dissolve.them without crushing and after 15 minutes the pills shrinked a little bit but still wouldn't dissolve seriously cocodomal dissolved easier then I tried crushing them up and it just floated to the top the water did taste of codeine though and the little floaty white bits made my teeth hurt but if you have the same tablets as I have its a big big misinformation that they completely dissolve because they don't.

This is what the smartest guy on the whole site has to say about it..

What's the brand? If there's nothing but lactose and Codeine it should have poor tablet integrity and dissolve easily.

Tried very warm water or letting them sit over night?

Lastly why are you dissolving pure codeine tabs in water? CWE is all about losing the APAP.

I doubt they are pH dependent but contact with the stomach lining might help with tablet erosion.

I just picked up a hundred tabs err let's see.. TEVN? the pack is blue and white with 2 brown and blue circles with 30 mg in the middle that's have what made me think it's strange to because these are the most common UK prescription brand at least in the part of uk I'm in so I would have thought other people would of had this problem to unless I'm missing something.

This is what the smartest guy on the whole site has to say about it..

What's the brand? If there's nothing but lactose and Codeine it should have poor tablet integrity and dissolve easily.

Tried very warm water or letting them sit over night?

Lastly why are you dissolving pure codeine tabs in water? CWE is all about losing the APAP.

I doubt they are pH dependent but contact with the stomach lining might help with tablet erosion.

Oh I was dissolving them well trying to dissolve them mainly because I had a problem with delayed effects they were taking longer to effect me even with empty stomach and drinking lots of water which was very frustrating because my dose was made less efficient and I would have to end up taking more out of impatience however I don't seem to have this problem now it might have just been my swallowing technique and the second reason was so I could just drink it in liquid form for faster effects like after a cwe etc.

it's just the tablets don't dissolve fully doesn't matter if I crush them up use not water and stir the help out of it theirs always little bits floating around at the bottom and chunks floating on top that haven't dissolved.

Jek what do you mean about ph?

Some types of pills break down better in low pH environments like one's stomach. Usually it's extended release pills though. Try crushing them up, put the powder in a small, thin piece of tissue, twist into a ball and swallow with minimal water. Because even hydro phobic substances are absorbed in your stomach. Drink water so you don't choke but not like a liter or anything. Not for 15 mins or so at least.

That's about all the advice I can come up with for this one. If you do find something that magically makes it work post it though. Even though few people dissolve pure codeine tabs, I'm still curious.

I swear they don't dissolve when I swallow them

I swallowed 25 over the day 750mg of codeine and nothing

so later out of desperation I chewed up 4 tablets mixed them with some water in my mouth and it got me higher then I'd been for a while so at least now I know I have to chew up the tablets.

I think your right jek I might have something wrong with my stomach acid level whatever it is I defo didn't have it 4-5 years ago when I was 16 I used to come home coming down from mcat so feeling moderately miserable then I'd pop 10 codeines and be in heaven I didn't have to chew them just swallow them, without water to I think, I have very fond memories of that time I lived in an un friendly area because of my aspergers mainly I don't know but everywhere i went even though I was quiet, polite and nice people would still always hate on me for no reason Facebook �� this worse but anyway but I'd just come in late my mum would be asleep and id put on those Soviet storm documentaries or Tom and Jerry roll a skinny zootand feel like god luckily I couldn't get a hold of codeine for a while after that until I got in touch with my gp and the rest is history �� I'm quite proud of the fact I've taken codeine since I was 16 and I'm 21 now and still not moved on to anything strong i have really accepted I can't be high all day etc even so my tolerance is still creeped up a bit I would love to get my tolerance back to when I was 16 and get more out of my pills I know the first high I won't get back though ofcourse. I think it you use it right codeine is a great drug defo more dangerous and feared (and with my so) than cannabis but if you are suffering and it takes away your suffering that's your descision as an adult.

Hello. Hopefully I can get an answer quickly. I have been cwe a long time due to high tolerance. I?m hurting pretty bad right now so I thought i?d refilter all my Tylenol again. It?s probably 30-40 325 all ready filtered Hardened again sludge from hydros. I?m just doing the same process again. I crushed up all the harden sludge etc etc etc.
my liquid at the end was clear and I?ve sipped on the product. I?m feeling a little bit better (could be placebo who knows) but I?m scared to finish my drink and I have half the solution sitting there. I probably would have gotten a nice buzz going if I wasn?t so scared that tons of Tylenol was in the drink.
My question is, can Tylenol ever appear clear? My solution is clear BUT maybe it just watered down the Tylenol and made it look clear? Thoughts? Thanks