Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cold Turkey on drugs - Time record

gonna give it my best shot again 9th january wen the clinics open again
fun fun fun....
jeez sum of u guys hav bn clean 4 ages!!!! guess its inspiration :)

I don't bother to measure.

I has never occured to me to even test. Kind of like how I have never measured how long it has been since I last opened a Yoplait Yoghurt, or worn a hat.

I am pretty thankful that even though I like to party hard on occasion, it has never been to such extremes that I have to consciously put up barriers or deadlines to get myself back in line.

Nothing much has changed... except the breaks keep getting bigger... I never go out of my way to get illicits anymore, so if it happens to all come together then great... this happens very very infrequently...

Alcohol is my drug of choice now, and I love it :) I am a beer snob/wanker... none of this pansy wine for me ;)

So yeah... probably had about 9 months clean in a row I think... its not anything I think about anymore.

CB :)

umm. 8 months and counting for all drugs, excluding Nicotine, Alcohol and Caffine. I live off those three.
Although it looks like I may be going back to my old ways soon enough, the temptation is rising

Cigs - 4 months on thursday after 20+ a day for 14 years

The point my internal resistence changed from:
"no. i refuse to have a smoke"
to
"no. i no longer want the desire to smoke"

was .... enlightening

Pills = 10months approx.
Meth = 4months approx.
Parties/Raves =10months (Clubs don't count)

:D

DJC*

Cowboy Mac said:
I started only using MDMA, then inevitably other substances entered the equation with polydrug use. I think mixing substances is overkill on exploring the substances and turns into a mashed mess of getting high.

I haven't had MDMA for over a year and now and only use psychedelics on their own about once every 4 - 6 weeks usually. I feel a lot better since I stopped using MDMA, and didn't realise that I was habitually using it. I have clearer goals, my short term memory is back to normal, and feel like things are in better perspective now. I will probably have it once in another year, but only once and then leave it alone again, MDMA isn't a drug that you can abuse for long.

Some people stop using drugs all together because they are over them, but perhaps they just never found that happy medium. I'm now comfortable in my use and although I don't know when I will stop it completely, I know that I am not concerned with it anymore - its not a major emphasis in my life. It was difficult breaking the cycle and repetition, but when I go out i rarely have anything at events. It's something to do for a few hours but I don't make as big a night of it as my friends, and that was the more difficult part.

Good Luck :)

if you don't mind me asking mate how often was your MDMA use, also how much?

I'm very curious as to long term effects (as is everyone) and i find it pleasing to hear that you're back to 'normal'

Currently:-

Weed = 6 months (After being a medium to heavy user for years)
E = 14 months (Only once in a while anyway)
Speed = 2 years (Less often than e)
Alcohol = 7 days (Heavy user whenever I drink.Need to drink less often.)

E and speed/ice, ghb etc 1.5 year++

Alcohol - rarely

Benzos, 1 month