• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine phosphate decent dosage

What am I missing with codeine? I've not done opiates more than 5 times probably since 2009 but have done codeine a few times.... took maybe 400mg my first time and between 250 and 500 mg every other time and have always found it extremely dull. MILDly elevated mood for an hour followed by a week of constipation? Yawn.

codeine depends on an individuals biology and the production of enzymw CYP2D6

a low dose for one person could floor another person depending on their production of that enzyme

some will nod of 30mg others will take 400mg and fell nothing, except maybe itchy

"Codeine is not itself centrally active, and must first be converted via first-pass metabolism into morphine by the cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP2D6 (as such, it is a prodrug for morphine). Codeine is also metabolized into the inactive norcodeine via the CYP3A4 enzyme system. Both resultant forms are conjugated by UGT2B7 into their corresponding 3-glucuronide.[citation needed]

Some percentage of the population produces less CYP2D6 enzymes and so experience a significant reduction of effects from codeine in comparison to that of the average person. However, others produce CYP2D6 enzymes in higher quantities which can result in hypersensitivity to the drug.....This also indicates a lacking capability in the metabolism of codeine into morphine when a user consumes antihistamines such as diphenhydramine prior to the ingestion of codeine. [7]

There is an upper limit to the amount of codeine which can be converted by enzymatic metabolism into morphine throughout an individual session. This limit is commonly referred to as the "ceiling dose", which is commonly believed to be around 400mg. Consuming higher doses will lead to greater side effects such as itchiness and nausea, but will not increase euphoria. "

psychonautwiki