• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine phosphate decent dosage

Slash5331

Bluelighter
Hey all, I have 18 or so 15mg codeine phosphate pills.

I'm 65Kg / 143lbs, 17 years old, 176cm tall, male, fairly low body fat %
Practically zero tolerance to opioids, took 150mg tramadol nearly a week ago but since then and before then have never really taken opioids.

I don't believe the pills are mixed with anything else such as acetaminophen/paracetamol as they are very small (only a few mm in diameter).

Just wondering what my dosage should be if i'm looking for a fairly strong high (but don't want to fall asleep or anything).

Cheers.

looking for a fairly strong high (but don't want to fall asleep or anything).

That's an oxymoron.

Try 150mg and see where that lands you.

Try 150mg and see where that lands you.

Really? That seems a tad high but I suppose I did ask for a fairly strong dose. If that amount were to be too much, what would I likely feel? (any chance I'll end up in a hospital bed or is that not so likely?) and of course, what should I do if i overdose?

Also another question: What should I expect to feel and how long will the high last?

150 is not much especially for those who take strong narcotics regularly.

Do you take any other CNS depressants? Alcohol? Benzodiazepines?

don't take benzos or anything like that, occasionally binge drink and smoke weed but that's it

Honestly I would start with 100mg and see how you go. With no opiate tolerance, you should feel a pretty nice buzz from 100mg.
So, with what you currently have, you could potentially take 7 tablets (105mg), and if you find that on a different occasion you want to go higher, you've got some to play around with.

Mods: 150mg of codeine is WAY too high a dose to recommend to a novice opiate user. Think back to when you first started using opiates and what you were using then, and adjust accordingly, thanks.

First time I took codeine (when I was around 12 or 13 years old), I took 3 30mg tabs so 90mg total. I would say anywhere between 90-120mg would be a safe bet for your first opiate experience just my 2 cents.

Edit: then if you need more you can always take more the second time you want to use codeine (if there is one), always best to start small and work your way up then go overboard and OD

I'm surprised no-one mentioned this already but the pills only being tiny doesn't mean there aren't any other ingredients there. Even a very small pill can sometimes weigh over 500mg, though that includes the binders and such. I'd advise checking with wherever the pills came from and finding out what else they do or don't contain, and if you're unsure I'd perform a CWE just to be certain. A CWE is very easy and takes very little time, so there's no reason not to if you aren't 100% sure the pills only contain Codeine.

Personally I'd start with 45-60mg once just to see if you're extra sensitive to Codeine. It's fairly uncommon but I know a few people who're affected strongly by unusually low doses of Codeine, like 60-90mg so it's worth checking to be sure. After that though I don't think it'd be unreasonable to go for 150mg your next time if you have zero tolerance and want a strong experience. If you're sensitive enough then it should be enough to get you nodding as a non-tolerant user.

Definitely don't exceed 150 though and if you have any notable effects from 45-60mg then I'd go for 90-105mg instead next time and work up as necessary.

Well the pills are still in the original prescription bottle and say nothing except 15mg codeine...

Then you are good to go, btw I was one of those highly sensitives getting good effects from 60/ 90 mg doses. 150 would have had me floored as codeine is quite sleepy, but the OP mentioned taking 150 mg tramadol whereas 50 mg tramadol had floored the first time. (Second opiod taken after codeine)

Emphasis on was

I could get a very good and slow day out of 2x 30mg codeine at school. I wish I could get high from codeine now, but with 90mg methadone daily I can only dream. Even the methadone is just enough to get by now.

I would take 6 of your codeine pills and smoke weed. The opiates are much more fun with some smoke. And the good thing about weed is it doesn't mix badly like for example benzos and opiates can if you take too much.

T

Sorry to reply so late, but i took 105mg. I definitely felt it, but was quite weak and subtle and didn't seem to last very long at all. Would i be ok to take the remainder of the pills (11 pills = 165mg)?

Sorry to reply so late, but i took 105mg. I definitely felt it, but was quite weak and subtle and didn't seem to last very long at all. Would i be ok to take the remainder of the pills (11 pills = 165mg)?
Take half (82.5mg ish) and then see how you feel after 45 minutes and then redose if necessary.

Or wait until another day and take the 165mg in one dose.

Yeah that's what I was meaning, I was gonna do it in a week or so.
Would that be an OK dose?

Opiates, often codeine, morphine, and heroin, tend to be a little less 'heady' than other opiates with respect to the high; instead, they are more sedating, on the whole, and effect the body a good deal. They can be very enjoyable, just as or even more enjoyable than other opiates, however they can be a learned high for some or an acquired taste, if that makes sense. It is almost like you have to let the codeine effect you, and not get frustrated as you try to pull out a fake high; just take it, relax, and enjoy it. With all of that said, I would not recommend dosing as high as 165 mg. One reason would be that of safety, even if you were fine with the 105 mg. Another, though, would be because of the fact that, as I've said, an opiate like codeine can be a learned high - upping the dose and upping the dose is not the secret. Try 82.5 mg. If you definitely felt 105 mg the first time, and wait like a week to dose again, 82.5 mg should do you quite good, maybe even better than the first dose. I would, actually, suspect so. And, that way you have two nice doses.

I used to find dihydrocodeine very euphoric and energizing, for some reason I felt nothing whatsoever from codeine. For a first time user, I'd say 90-120 mgs would make for a decent starting dose. (DHC would get my high as a kite at 60mgs, I was very young at the time, though.)

Hey all, I have 18 or so 15mg codeine phosphate pills.

I'm 65Kg / 143lbs, 17 years old, 176cm tall, male, fairly low body fat %
Practically zero tolerance to opioids, took 150mg tramadol nearly a week ago but since then and before then have never really taken opioids.

I don't believe the pills are mixed with anything else such as acetaminophen/paracetamol as they are very small (only a few mm in diameter).

Just wondering what my dosage should be if i'm looking for a fairly strong high (but don't want to fall asleep or anything).

Cheers.
I Don't know if anyone has mentioned but maybe take an antihistamine, not one of the first generation ones, maybe try something like certrizine as this can be good for any nausea and itches. IME Codeine is the number 1 ItCh DrUg.

Well i took the 165mg, and it was a nice, chilled -albeit short lived - high.

Still feeling pretty alive and well.

Yay :D