• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you OD and get a seizure or black out, how long does this black out usually last? 2-3min? 20min?

Entirely depends on how bad it is. If you dosed high enough, it may last permanently.. meaning you die. Other times you'll come out of it in a few minutes, other times it could take longer, etc.

With the amounts of coke I've done and the quality/purity level of the coke being pretty good I'm so lucky to have never had that happen although I was close once from coke cut with meth, did a whole ball to the dome and was so scared that I was gonna have a seizure that it triggered panic attacks and when I have panic attacks for some odd reason I have psychotic breaks probably from the stress of a panic attack. Not fun not fun at all.

But really looking back at when I used to use doing 8balls in a day and blowing through grams in two to three lines was not a good idea at all and I'm lucky to say I haven't had a seizure. I have expierenced chest pains and hallucinations from coke but no seizures. I'm a lucky lucky man glad those days are behind me. Now taking to much meth that's the new problem I face had a slight overdose on that and I thnk I've learned my lesson to not over do it like I did that one time but well never know until the day I quit for good.

Entirely depends on how bad it is. If you dosed high enough, it may last permanently.. meaning you die. Other times you'll come out of it in a few minutes, other times it could take longer, etc.

I am asking because it happend to a friend of mine. She did some lines over the evening (nothing extreme). but then later (as she told me) she did one huge line and started sweating and blacked out at some point. she had zaps of consciousness and then black out again (1-2 times). she was in bad company and doesnt know if somebody did something to her or not... so thats why I am asking

I am asking because it happend to a friend of mine. She did some lines over the evening (nothing extreme). but then later (as she told me) she did one huge line and started sweating and blacked out at some point. she had zaps of consciousness and then black out again (1-2 times). she was in bad company and doesnt know if somebody did something to her or not... so thats why I am asking

Who knows. Could have been a coke OD, could have not been. Nobody is going to be able to tell you for sure.

If you can't stop someone from doing coke prepare for the worst, great info here

Based on what I've learned through experience working as a Paramedic, you will probably know that you are overdosing before you go into seizures or worse, stop breathing or have a life threatening heart rhythm, so tell someone quickly if you feel like it is going to happen. Trust your instincts, they are usually very accurate. Also, I would plan ahead with one of your friends who will be with you, what you all will do if either of you were to overdose. Check for a pulse at the carotid artery (look online to find where it is if you do not know) and listen/look/feel for any breathing. Try to wake him up quickly by clenching your fist and rubbing (fairly hard) the tip of your knuckles back and forth along his sternum. This is called a sternum rub and it is quite painful, so if he doesn't respond to this you know that an ambulance is essential for his survival. Keep a cell phone on you! If nothing is working within ~15 seconds call 911 IMMEDIATELY and tell them what is happening. Explain quickly that your friend is having a seizure, or is not breathing, or does not have any form of a heart beat. His heart may still be receiving electrical signals but it may be in Ventricular Fibrillation (where his heart is basically shaking like crazy but not pumping any blood). The responders that answer your 911 call should be able to walk you through what to do until the Paramedics arrive. It is also probably a good idea to put 911 on speaker phone while you follow their instructions in case you need to perform CPR. Get rid of the stuff too very quickly. If he doesn't have a pulse and you cannot feel any heart beat immediately thump him in the middle of his upper chest (over his sternum) pretty damn hard. This can SOMETIMES restart the heart's rhythm. If this does not work, begin CPR IMMEDIATELY. Do not breathe for him. Just do compressions.

If you are seriously worried about overdosing because of a certain habit or recreational fun times, then you should know what to do BEFOREHAND! Be prepared! Know how to do CPR, and if you aren't absolutely positive on how to perform it correctly, research and study it. Practice it until you've got it down well, and by "well" I mean you should be able to perform it without thinking about the rhythm you are pumping at. You should have the palm of your right hand over the top of your left hand (as if you were covering up your entire left hand with you right hand), with the base of your left hand directly over his sternum for CPR. Begin compressing HARD. You should be pressing his chest down about 1.5 to 2 inches with each compression +/- a little. It is very possible that you will break his sternum. I have had it happen many, many times - more often than not. This is better than him dying so do not worry about it. Just focus on pumping his heart for him. The longer you perform CPR the more effective the blood circulation will become. This is why you do not breathe for him, because if you do then you will be forced to stop CPR, which will place you back at square one regarding his blood circulation when you resume CPR. He should have enough oxygen in his blood stream to last him until the Paramedics arrive to breathe for him, and they will almost certainly put a tube into his trachea. Tell the Paramedics exactly what you saw happen, including every detail about how long he has been seizing/not breathing/no hear beat/etc, because THEY NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAS CAUSED IT TO EFFECTIVELY TREAT HIS VERY LIFE THREATENING SITUATION! Perform (to the best of your ability - practice helps greatly because this is what your brain will fall back to if the shit hits the fan) 100 compressions per minute. Do not breathe for him, just keep doing compressions. CPR is VERY exhausting, even after only 5 minutes you may feel like you can't go on, so make sure the Paramedics are on the way immediately following your assessment of his vitals (whether he is breathing or has any blood circulation basically, since you probably won't have a blood pressure cuff or stethoscope with you, and in such a situation they are not necessary while he has only a few minutes before he is dead). Please take into account that this is only ADVICE and you should consult a TRAINED PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR before applying my ADVICE. I hope you make some good decisions because we are talking life and death here - and I have seen my fair share of the ugly nature of serious injury and death caused by both medical and traumatic incidents. Good luck and please stay safe with whatever you do. Remember that a few minutes spent learning how to perform effective CPR can, and probably will save someone's life if this type of situation ever occurs and you are the only one able to help him, or even the only one who knows how to perform CPR. You might be surprised at what people will do when someone near them has a heart attack. Many times they all just stand around until the Paramedics arrive. That is pretty sad.

Best of luck and share all of this information with your buddies whom you will be with. Make sure THEY KNOW what to do AS WELL! Not only you! It may be you or them who overdoses, the future is full of uncertainties so be prepared for the worst case scenario, ALWAYS! It is probably a good idea to buy a simple breathing mask online or at a local store as well, so that if you have more than one person who is conscious, one of you can do compressions and another can use the mask to breathe for him ever 4-6 seconds (I have an extra mask so I can send you one if you'd like, just contact me via PM). If he did not hit his head when/if he fell then you can tilt his head back while kneeling at his head facing his feet, and then breathe for him with the mask while tilting his head back. Make sure you know how to properly use the mask as well, they are easy to use incorrectly. You need to make a full seal around his mouth and nose.

Please be safe, your post worried me. I really don't want someone to die for some silly reason like that. Learn and practice your worst case scenarios every so often please please please, especially if you are going to be doing these things. Everyone should know how to do effective CPR. It is irresponsible and just silly for anyone to not know how to do CPR correctly. It is extremely important. Ok, I'm done. Please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions.

One more thing. It is essential that you keep your cool. Stop for 2 seconds and take a deep breath and focus on what needs to be done and do it because his life is in your hands now.

DISCLAIMER: I am expressing my opinions only in this post. I am not recommending any person act on the basis of anything said or implied here, and I assume no responsibility for any outcomes connected in any manner to this post. Furthermore, I am not establishing, nor do I intend to establish a doctor-patient relationship with any person reading this message and not in a doctor-patient relationship with me by other means. Lastly, the opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect the option of any other person or entity.

Great Info

I see valium mentioned as a way to mitigate the risk from health point off view. My undersanding was that it was merely good for the psychological aspects and not the health/od risk factors themselves, and that it merely masked the symptoms with its downer effect? I thought only anti psychotics can most effectively treat an OD but cutting off the drugs mechanism of action directly?

Interesting. If it actually reduces the danger of a stimulant, would alcohol help in a similar way by any chance. I know its not recommended but is it better the nothing due to a similar mechanism?

Okay, I have now seized twice for the first time in my life, in the last week. What the heck right. the first one which was like 4 days ago, was from Injecting Demerol, an acute pain killer. i am a common user of Heroin, have been for 6 years. only got into using IV in the last 10 or 11 months. What a rush. That's why i like it, the flag of your blood entering the needle so you know you have hit the vein. First rush, second is actually feeling the drug take action on your body. Euphoric. And third, its the high Heroin gives you, its foggy, enjoyable, instantaneous, and mostly, relaxing, almost to a point of numbing, but you numb only what you chose. Anyways im off topic. My second seizure was like an hour ago. The difference between seizing from the Demerol compared to the cocaine was with the Demerol i was completely blacked out for about 5 minutes and then when i came to i was so confused, i thought the two boys helping me were guys i didn't know and i thought they were trying to hurt me. I actually (in my blackout stage - foggy, coming back to) had an ice pack they had given me to put on my head cause i smacked my head really hard on the Demerol seizure, started swinging it! trying to use it as a weapon, a source of defense, and i chucked it at my BF as hard as i could, lol hit him dead on too.. ouch sorry. when the two boys whom i thought were trying to hurt me were actually my boyfriend and our roommate. lol oops. But i was unconscious for about 4 or 5 minutes, and extremely confused. But with the cocaine seizure, i had time to sit myself down on the floor so i didn't fall and hit my head again, and i had time to call out for Ryan (roommate) cause i knew he was sitting on the couch outside the bathroom where i had been using. So what I'm wondering about is.. Why was i conscious during my cocaine seizure? and completely blacked out from my Demerol seizure? and also my state of mind, why was i so clear minded even during my cocaine seizure, i could hear them all talking to me, i just couldn't respond vocally. but when asked to squeeze the hand i was holding i did just fine, and i could communicate through actions. where as with my Demerol seizure, i couldn't tell right from left. I think it may have had to do with me hitting my head, i was bleeding everywhere and lots! so a concussion could have occurred. is it because cocaine is an upper so it kept me conscious? and Demerol is a downer so it knocked me out? any insight would be great. Also i have been whacking cocaine for like 2 weeks now, never has this happened, i think it was because i had other drugs in my system. such as an Ezlon 100. any thoughts to these experiences?

Last edited:
ok I have been fighting cocaine addiction am recently on a week relapse using everyday but today was different started getting weird cramps in left side of back, it was like I was winded but I feel fine for 10 mins then this for 2 mins what is happening can anyone inform me quickly!!!!!!!

ok I have been fighting cocaine addiction am recently on a week relapse using everyday but today was different started getting weird cramps in left side of back, it was like I was winded but I feel fine for 10 mins then this for 2 mins what is happening can anyone inform me quickly!!!!!!!

Prob not that big of a deal. I suppose it could be kidney pain but you might just be dehydrated...

hope you feel better. stay safe

Probably just cramps from dehydration or something. Sounds like the coke is just making you paranoid. Stay hydrated, and try to give the coke a rest for a bit.

Aside from the obvious phsyical symptoms of blood pressure, HR, heart rythms, cardiac arrest risk, heart attack and mental of unconscioussness, psychosis (severe) and agitation, sweating, nausea.

Treatment (symptomatic) is from what I have read;

Lorazepam, Clonazepam or Diazepam at 2-6mg, 2-4mg and 30-80mg respectively.
Also a Ab or B blocker such as Clonodine
IV fluids
Heart medicine (cardio area)
Restraints
Paracetamole/Baclofen/other for temperature control
IV glucose and others
ID magnesium

I am not a doctor. If you have an OD or suspect so, ring 999 or 991 (depending on country). EMT/A&E

I am a relatively experienced iv user, it is something I've done on and off for the past several years, with my use picking up significantly recently.

Everything I've read here (besides the misidentification of a 'bell ringer' as an od has been pretty on point for my knowledge.

As far as seizing/od-ING from iv coke, as far as I know it comes on with only a few seconds warning. I've never done it personally, but one of the first times I shot white, my girlfriend at the time was much more experienced. We were arguing, and I said something that upset her. She fixed a pretty fucking strong shot (pretty clean stuff, and she weighed about 100lbs), and banged it. As soon as the plunger was all the way down, she sagged, muttered something, then her eyes rolled back and she started seizing. It went on long enough that I had turned her on her side, force fed her a xanax, then I was biting the bullet and had her in my arms on the way to my truck when she came out of it. She had no memory or idea of what happened. The entire incident was maybe one minute, from completion of shot to completion of seizure. I'm not sure if there can be more of a delayed onset of a seizure, but my gut says no, it likely would happen as soon as the shot hits your system or not at all.

check your blood sugar that may be diabetes. May be!

I just wanna say if you did too much coke iv. And ur gonna od. Then there aint much u can do about it. I would hold the phone in my hand if i felt like i might od with 911 ready to call and if or when u started feeling like u were about to fall or when its too much and feel like ur about to od just hit send. But i dont think theres any way to stop oding. Idk if nalaxone works for cane but once u injected the shit. Then if u did too much then theres nothing u can really do except try to call 911 . ive shot coke lots of times. Got the sweatyness the ringing in ears. Off vision and fast heart. And also lots of throwing up .But thats just part of the high. If i didnt get some of those when i did some then i wouldnt be satisfied cause i would feel like it was a waste. But im also wondering if anyone knows like around how much decent cane a person with a fairly high tolerance can take before od is a possibilltiy. Because if its not that much more than what it takes to feel those feelings i was just describing. Then thats kinda scary cause some of the coke i have gotten is so good with no cut that all i need is a lines worth to do a shot and puke with good rush. But some of the other stuff i get i need to do about a .2 or half the dub. So if i accidently thought it was the weaker stuff and it was thd strong shit i could die if its not much more than those feelings i mentioned. .

Thank you!

Lol that's what it feels like after a hit of crack haha only with intense euphoria..

Anyway everytime I seen anyone have too much yayo when they were snorting it. They could def tell they've had too much. You'll be able to tell, when it's not fun anymore. Sometimes your nose bleeds but some times that happens for other reasons.

When you smoke rock and you've about had too much you throw up, get dizzy, don't feel the "good" parts anymore. Same goes for powder.

Unless you're doing "large" lines or hits, very large. You should be able to tell when you should stop.

All this talk about "shaky, fast heartbeat, nervousness... that's just coke.

If you think about it too much it will ruin your buzz not to mention your night. You'll psych yourself out and make yourself believe you are ODing.

Usually your body will tell you "you've had too much buddy". If it doesn't, like from a humongous hit, shot or line well then there are no warning signs. Which is what the OP is asking about right? Warning signs only occur for me after a long night or two of back to backs and then you start feeling shitty, I usually throw up. This is crack I'm talking about. You feel really out of it, almost lost. When I close my eyes it feels like I'm spinning. That's basically how I know I've had too much.

All the "warning" signs these other people have listed or copied and pasted off sites like Web MD are just side effects from stimulants like cocaine. Shaking, nervousness, etc..

Anyway just be safe and you'll know when to stop(hopefully). Don't trip yourself out and ruin your buzz/night cause you're so worried about ODing. That's no fun.

I've been there, and literally looked like a freak taking my pulse every two minutes with my hand basically glued to my chest. It's not fun at all.

Just take it easy, don't use so much at one time. Cause you're obviously using too much if it's got you worried about overdosing.

Peace,

Akomplice

Dude I was just freaking myself out like you said. Thank you for the info and you're right my body will know when I'm done.

Man, I know I am stating the most obvious shit, but still if you are craving coke so much that you keep going even when you think you are going to overdose, then you need to cut back a lot.

It is a great thing that you realize it isnt right with your statement about how you dont like the feeling that you want more, but you gotta do more than ignore this feeling.

Think about how good a few lines will be on another day at another time instead of just feeding the fiending....its totally not worth it to take it now.

good luck

Actually I have to disagree with that, it takes alot of expensive product to get you into the right state of mind, and if another line keeps you there, it's better than just crashing completely, and then having to do 8 lines to get where you were before. The only problem with my approach is that you're exposing yourself to overdoses.

Only a couple more things

I would say from another paramedic that in case there gagging roll them on there side and if al ready on back and have thrown up do a short hymlec manouver while laying them on the ground just grab around the waist and squeeze really hard like when someone chokes in the movies make that hotdogs come back up in laymen terms them put them down just a couple of times then start compressions don't go easy if you break ribs don't freak out it happens in surgery room all the time and on ambulance be ruff and going for 5 min is very hard push through it but the patients I see have had that die have had oxygen gone for several minutes because of a simple finger sweep getting the throw up and fluid out of them like I said this is layman's terms but sir you are a great paramedic for saying these things follow this advice if your 2 late to stop overdose if your by yourself you better stop early or shoot up laying on your side snorting has less chance of over dose but for you ballers out there that enjoy the over dose symptoms be prepared when you pack your kit use clean needles and have a cell phone and I'm on the lake so if your on a boat or in the woods (hunting)make sure service is good ok guy bye(QUOTE=BASEjumper;6828850]Based on what I've learned through experience working as a Paramedic, you will probably know that you are overdosing before you go into seizures or worse, stop breathing or have a life threatening heart rhythm, so tell someone quickly if you feel like it is going to happen. Trust your instincts, they are usually very accurate. Also, I would plan ahead with one of your friends who will be with you, what you all will do if either of you were to overdose. Check for a pulse at the carotid artery (look online to find where it is if you do not know) and listen/look/feel for any breathing. Try to wake him up quickly by clenching your fist and rubbing (fairly hard) the tip of your knuckles back and forth along his sternum. This is called a sternum rub and it is quite painful, so if he doesn't respond to this you know that an ambulance is essential for his survival. Keep a cell phone on you! If nothing is working within ~15 seconds call 911 IMMEDIATELY and tell them what is happening. Explain quickly that your friend is having a seizure, or is not breathing, or does not have any form of a heart beat. His heart may still be receiving electrical signals but it may be in Ventricular Fibrillation (where his heart is basically shaking like crazy but not pumping any blood). The responders that answer your 911 call should be able to walk you through what to do until the Paramedics arrive. It is also probably a good idea to put 911 on speaker phone while you follow their instructions in case you need to perform CPR. Get rid of the stuff too very quickly. If he doesn't have a pulse and you cannot feel any heart beat immediately thump him in the middle of his upper chest (over his sternum) pretty damn hard. This can SOMETIMES restart the heart's rhythm. If this does not work, begin CPR IMMEDIATELY. Do not breathe for him. Just do compressions.

If you are seriously worried about overdosing because of a certain habit or recreational fun times, then you should know what to do BEFOREHAND! Be prepared! Know how to do CPR, and if you aren't absolutely positive on how to perform it correctly, research and study it. Practice it until you've got it down well, and by "well" I mean you should be able to perform it without thinking about the rhythm you are pumping at. You should have the palm of your right hand over the top of your left hand (as if you were covering up your entire left hand with you right hand), with the base of your left hand directly over his sternum for CPR. Begin compressing HARD. You should be pressing his chest down about 1.5 to 2 inches with each compression +/- a little. It is very possible that you will break his sternum. I have had it happen many, many times - more often than not. This is better than him dying so do not worry about it. Just focus on pumping his heart for him. The longer you perform CPR the more effective the blood circulation will become. This is why you do not breathe for him, because if you do then you will be forced to stop CPR, which will place you back at square one regarding his blood circulation when you resume CPR. He should have enough oxygen in his blood stream to last him until the Paramedics arrive to breathe for him, and they will almost certainly put a tube into his trachea. Tell the Paramedics exactly what you saw happen, including every detail about how long he has been seizing/not breathing/no hear beat/etc, because THEY NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAS CAUSED IT TO EFFECTIVELY TREAT HIS VERY LIFE THREATENING SITUATION! Perform (to the best of your ability - practice helps greatly because this is what your brain will fall back to if the shit hits the fan) 100 compressions per minute. Do not breathe for him, just keep doing compressions. CPR is VERY exhausting, even after only 5 minutes you may feel like you can't go on, so make sure the Paramedics are on the way immediately following your assessment of his vitals (whether he is breathing or has any blood circulation basically, since you probably won't have a blood pressure cuff or stethoscope with you, and in such a situation they are not necessary while he has only a few minutes before he is dead). Please take into account that this is only ADVICE and you should consult a TRAINED PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR before applying my ADVICE. I hope you make some good decisions because we are talking life and death here - and I have seen my fair share of the ugly nature of serious injury and death caused by both medical and traumatic incidents. Good luck and please stay safe with whatever you do. Remember that a few minutes spent learning how to perform effective CPR can, and probably will save someone's life if this type of situation ever occurs and you are the only one able to help him, or even the only one who knows how to perform CPR. You might be surprised at what people will do when someone near them has a heart attack. Many times they all just stand around until the Paramedics arrive. That is pretty sad.

Best of luck and share all of this information with your buddies whom you will be with. Make sure THEY KNOW what to do AS WELL! Not only you! It may be you or them who overdoses, the future is full of uncertainties so be prepared for the worst case scenario, ALWAYS! It is probably a good idea to buy a simple breathing mask online or at a local store as well, so that if you have more than one person who is conscious, one of you can do compressions and another can use the mask to breathe for him ever 4-6 seconds (I have an extra mask so I can send you one if you'd like, just contact me via PM). If he did not hit his head when/if he fell then you can tilt his head back while kneeling at his head facing his feet, and then breathe for him with the mask while tilting his head back. Make sure you know how to properly use the mask as well, they are easy to use incorrectly. You need to make a full seal around his mouth and nose.

Please be safe, your post worried me. I really don't want someone to die for some silly reason like that. Learn and practice your worst case scenarios every so often please please please, especially if you are going to be doing these things. Everyone should know how to do effective CPR. It is irresponsible and just silly for anyone to not know how to do CPR correctly. It is extremely important. Ok, I'm done. Please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions.

One more thing. It is essential that you keep your cool. Stop for 2 seconds and take a deep breath and focus on what needs to be done and do it because his life is in your hands now.

DISCLAIMER: I am expressing my opinions only in this post. I am not recommending any person act on the basis of anything said or implied here, and I assume no responsibility for any outcomes connected in any manner to this post. Furthermore, I am not establishing, nor do I intend to establish a doctor-patient relationship with any person reading this message and not in a doctor-patient relationship with me by other means. Lastly, the opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect the option of any other person or entity.[/QUOTE]

from personal experience I throw a piece in the spoon, put .30mL of water on it it. stir/dissolve. if I get back .36mL-.38mL its gonna be a decent 1st shot. if its grown over 40mL I might put some back for the next round...

Yup definitely had this experience reading this, thought it was the requip that I took right before I shot some up, because of the warning label of seeing things that aren't there, but it happened right after the Coke... talking to no one inanimate objects etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.