• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread reminds me of my coke days...my last few time I had so much anxiety that I never want to go through that again

Is cocaine overdose different to a heart attack?

I know cocaine can cause a heart attack, but do the feelings of either differe or are they similar?

Cocaine overdose is a relative term. Literally, it just means "taking too much cocaine". How much that is is different for each person, their risk factors, and where their discomfort level is. When it stops being fun because you are sweating, shaking, paranoid and your heart is beating 120 bpm, that can be considered an overdose.

Most heavy users consider it an overdose when you have a seizure, black out, and / or lose motor control. This most frequently happens when injecting cocaine, but can happen from smoking or snorting.

The most severe cocaine overdoses result in a grand mal seizure, cardiac arrest and death.

Cocaine is eliminated from the body rather quickly; 45 minutes to an hour, so cocaine overdose is usually caused by a high cocaine blood syrum level. This happens when you inject a lot at once 1/4 gram or more, or do frequent repeat doses.

FC

Okay... I don't do Coke alot AT ALL.. I sometimes hate it because, when I'm coming down I want more, but I either KNOW I don't need more or we've run out... and, I don't like feeling like i want it. So i don't do it THAT much! But that's not what I'm posting this thread for.. so let's get to the point.

I would really like to know what your body feels right before you go into convulsions or seisures or anything REALLY major when you've done too much Coke.. because, if I'm about to get to that point.. I'd really like to warn someone. I'm not sure if theres really an answer to my question.. but, if you know or think you know anything, please leave it here.

Based on what I've learned through experience working as a Paramedic, you will probably know that you are overdosing before you go into seizures or worse, stop breathing or have a life threatening heart rhythm, so tell someone quickly if you feel like it is going to happen. Trust your instincts, they are usually very accurate. Also, I would plan ahead with one of your friends who will be with you, what you all will do if either of you were to overdose. Check for a pulse at the carotid artery (look online to find where it is if you do not know) and listen/look/feel for any breathing. Try to wake him up quickly by clenching your fist and rubbing (fairly hard) the tip of your knuckles back and forth along his sternum. This is called a sternum rub and it is quite painful, so if he doesn't respond to this you know that an ambulance is essential for his survival. Keep a cell phone on you! If nothing is working within ~15 seconds call 911 IMMEDIATELY and tell them what is happening. Explain quickly that your friend is having a seizure, or is not breathing, or does not have any form of a heart beat. His heart may still be receiving electrical signals but it may be in Ventricular Fibrillation (where his heart is basically shaking like crazy but not pumping any blood). The responders that answer your 911 call should be able to walk you through what to do until the Paramedics arrive. It is also probably a good idea to put 911 on speaker phone while you follow their instructions in case you need to perform CPR. Get rid of the stuff too very quickly. If he doesn't have a pulse and you cannot feel any heart beat immediately thump him in the middle of his upper chest (over his sternum) pretty damn hard. This can SOMETIMES restart the heart's rhythm. If this does not work, begin CPR IMMEDIATELY. Do not breathe for him. Just do compressions.

If you are seriously worried about overdosing because of a certain habit or recreational fun times, then you should know what to do BEFOREHAND! Be prepared! Know how to do CPR, and if you aren't absolutely positive on how to perform it correctly, research and study it. Practice it until you've got it down well, and by "well" I mean you should be able to perform it without thinking about the rhythm you are pumping at. You should have the palm of your right hand over the top of your left hand (as if you were covering up your entire left hand with you right hand), with the base of your left hand directly over his sternum for CPR. Begin compressing HARD. You should be pressing his chest down about 1.5 to 2 inches with each compression +/- a little. It is very possible that you will break his sternum. I have had it happen many, many times - more often than not. This is better than him dying so do not worry about it. Just focus on pumping his heart for him. The longer you perform CPR the more effective the blood circulation will become. This is why you do not breathe for him, because if you do then you will be forced to stop CPR, which will place you back at square one regarding his blood circulation when you resume CPR. He should have enough oxygen in his blood stream to last him until the Paramedics arrive to breathe for him, and they will almost certainly put a tube into his trachea. Tell the Paramedics exactly what you saw happen, including every detail about how long he has been seizing/not breathing/no hear beat/etc, because THEY NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAS CAUSED IT TO EFFECTIVELY TREAT HIS VERY LIFE THREATENING SITUATION! Perform (to the best of your ability - practice helps greatly because this is what your brain will fall back to if the shit hits the fan) 100 compressions per minute. Do not breathe for him, just keep doing compressions. CPR is VERY exhausting, even after only 5 minutes you may feel like you can't go on, so make sure the Paramedics are on the way immediately following your assessment of his vitals (whether he is breathing or has any blood circulation basically, since you probably won't have a blood pressure cuff or stethoscope with you, and in such a situation they are not necessary while he has only a few minutes before he is dead). Please take into account that this is only ADVICE and you should consult a TRAINED PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR before applying my ADVICE. I hope you make some good decisions because we are talking life and death here - and I have seen my fair share of the ugly nature of serious injury and death caused by both medical and traumatic incidents. Good luck and please stay safe with whatever you do. Remember that a few minutes spent learning how to perform effective CPR can, and probably will save someone's life if this type of situation ever occurs and you are the only one able to help him, or even the only one who knows how to perform CPR. You might be surprised at what people will do when someone near them has a heart attack. Many times they all just stand around until the Paramedics arrive. That is pretty sad.

Best of luck and share all of this information with your buddies whom you will be with. Make sure THEY KNOW what to do AS WELL! Not only you! It may be you or them who overdoses, the future is full of uncertainties so be prepared for the worst case scenario, ALWAYS! It is probably a good idea to buy a simple breathing mask online or at a local store as well, so that if you have more than one person who is conscious, one of you can do compressions and another can use the mask to breathe for him ever 4-6 seconds (I have an extra mask so I can send you one if you'd like, just contact me via PM). If he did not hit his head when/if he fell then you can tilt his head back while kneeling at his head facing his feet, and then breathe for him with the mask while tilting his head back. Make sure you know how to properly use the mask as well, they are easy to use incorrectly. You need to make a full seal around his mouth and nose.

Please be safe, your post worried me. I really don't want someone to die for some silly reason like that. Learn and practice your worst case scenarios every so often please please please, especially if you are going to be doing these things. Everyone should know how to do effective CPR. It is irresponsible and just silly for anyone to not know how to do CPR correctly. It is extremely important. Ok, I'm done. Please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions.

One more thing. It is essential that you keep your cool. Stop for 2 seconds and take a deep breath and focus on what needs to be done and do it because his life is in your hands now.

DISCLAIMER: I am expressing my opinions only in this post. I am not recommending any person act on the basis of anything said or implied here, and I assume no responsibility for any outcomes connected in any manner to this post. Furthermore, I am not establishing, nor do I intend to establish a doctor-patient relationship with any person reading this message and not in a doctor-patient relationship with me by other means. Lastly, the opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect the option of any other person or entity.

Last edited:
Great post. Why shouldnt one alternate between compressions and breathing for the person given that the medics dont arrive on time.

If I remember correctly, the America Heart Association now states that compressions alone are more effective. Of course, if you have more than one person there you can do both compressions and breathing for him.

According to them (I may be wrong so you should research this yourself), the longer you perform CPR the more effective the blood circulation will become. This is why you do not breathe for him, because if you do then you will be forced to stop CPR, which will place you back at square one regarding his blood circulation when you resume CPR. He should have enough oxygen in his blood stream to last him until the Paramedics arrive to breathe for him. The medics should arrive quickly, unless he lives in a very rural area. It took me 45 minutes one time to arrive on scene to an accident where 4 young kids rolled their truck trying to outrace a train to the tracks in the middle of nowhere while they were intoxicated with alcohol and benzos. Three of them died, one while I was breathing for him.

That's basically why. Everyone should know CPR and the heimlich maneuver, it is just something that needs to be learned. I think I don't really need to mention how thankful one would be if caught in a situation like this, and to have spent 15 minutes studying CPR instead of watching the tube.

Last edited:
Cocaine overdose is a relative term. Literally, it just means "taking too much cocaine". How much that is is different for each person, their risk factors, and where their discomfort level is. When it stops being fun because you are sweating, shaking, paranoid and your heart is beating 120 bpm, that can be considered an overdose.

Most heavy users consider it an overdose when you have a seizure, black out, and / or lose motor control. This most frequently happens when injecting cocaine, but can happen from smoking or snorting.

I was about to say haha, the way Crimson Cloud was putting it I've overdosed a couple times. I personally wouldn't say overdose I would just say "break-time"

once or twice i missed a coke shot or speedball and an hour later i got really paranoid and thought i was od'ing, i definately felt shortness of breath, faster heartbeat, and i was sweating like crazy. this might be because i never have done IM coke before, but it didn't seem normal to me, i thought the high would have ended up being a lot smoother...

thanks BASEjumper. Fantastic info which has inspired me to learn both cpr and the heimlich manouver (sp?) and make sure my close friends do as well. Half a day out of my life to go on a course is nothing compared to how many years i could be extending someones life by by saving it.

intence rush like on a roller coaster vision blurs then theres a ringing in the ears you get sweaty and have a very fast heart beat and feal like you need to throw up and is difficult too talk.

Lol that's what it feels like after a hit of crack haha only with intense euphoria..

Anyway everytime I seen anyone have too much yayo when they were snorting it. They could def tell they've had too much. You'll be able to tell, when it's not fun anymore. Sometimes your nose bleeds but some times that happens for other reasons.

When you smoke rock and you've about had too much you throw up, get dizzy, don't feel the "good" parts anymore. Same goes for powder.

Unless you're doing "large" lines or hits, very large. You should be able to tell when you should stop.

All this talk about "shaky, fast heartbeat, nervousness... that's just coke.

If you think about it too much it will ruin your buzz not to mention your night. You'll psych yourself out and make yourself believe you are ODing.

Usually your body will tell you "you've had too much buddy". If it doesn't, like from a humongous hit, shot or line well then there are no warning signs. Which is what the OP is asking about right? Warning signs only occur for me after a long night or two of back to backs and then you start feeling shitty, I usually throw up. This is crack I'm talking about. You feel really out of it, almost lost. When I close my eyes it feels like I'm spinning. That's basically how I know I've had too much.

All the "warning" signs these other people have listed or copied and pasted off sites like Web MD are just side effects from stimulants like cocaine. Shaking, nervousness, etc..

Anyway just be safe and you'll know when to stop(hopefully). Don't trip yourself out and ruin your buzz/night cause you're so worried about ODing. That's no fun.

I've been there, and literally looked like a freak taking my pulse every two minutes with my hand basically glued to my chest. It's not fun at all.

Just take it easy, don't use so much at one time. Cause you're obviously using too much if it's got you worried about overdosing.

Peace,

Akomplice

I've had a seizure from smoking crack before. It happened when I took a decent hit and held it in and made myself have the feeling of pressure in my head. After about 15 seconds you start to feel absolute euphoria but suddenly you start to feel sweaty, your stomach turns and you may feel nauseous. Then all of a sudden you lose consciousness, for me it was only for 10 seconds. I came back to with horrendous nausea, racing heart, perfuse sweating, light headedness. I was shaking in my seat and when I came to I was still shaking a little(I remember shaking before I opened my eyes). It was like I couldnt open my eyes for a few seconds and I was extremely confused for about 10 secs coming back to.

sucks

does anyone know the best place to enrole for a cpr heimlich etc course in the uk please?

Try to relax

I od'ed 3 times 2 on meth and one on coke. very not fun. My best advice is first drink room temp water a lot. try not to drink alcohol it really makes things worse. KEEP VALIUM ON HAND!! JUST IN CASE. ITS WHAT HOSPITALS USE TO MAKE FOLKS COME DOWN A REAL LIFE SAVER

keep things to one line an hour do not get into party mode feeling good and snorting every 15min.

also try to have a good source supply that is consistent. do not buy randomly here and there. less is best.. with all this said do not panic keep it together man!!

The worst time for me was doing 3 lines of very hot meth and drinking brandy and jagermeister, beer to. I stayed up all night and had great sex..but I was very dehydrated. The next day I did one more shot of brandy and decided to go to work, not feeling bad just lil tired. Well whithin an hour I became very confused and knew something was very wrong. Also my mouth felt scary dry and chest was tight. I began to panic and all feelings of doom and pictures of family in my head..just crazy utter panic..I knew I did this to myself and was stupid and was going to die!! Plus I was dressed as a female I'm a TV

Stuff sneeks up on you..climbs as they say and that is why many die. they just dont realise a fatal dose was added to the previous one.

Breath slow and deep get through it. survive do not let panic take over. You do not need an additional adrenlin shot from fear during this time.
You will go through several hours of regretting your lil party.

Go to hospital if you must..I did once and they really gave me a hassle and pryed into my life. Last resort.

Good rule if you have spit in your mouth and are peeing and somewhat normal...do not panic just stop and get through it....I you dry up and get hot fever and confused it is more serious..I think I saved my own life by just bearing down and refusing not to lose it and die.

I know just say no..but this may help the many that say yes.

does anyone know the best place to enrole for a cpr heimlich etc course in the uk please?

You can definitely look it up online and just practice yourself. Do compression practices against the top of your bed and time them until you can do close to 100/minute fairly consistently. If you can't find a course there then online may be your only choice.

KEEP VALIUM ON HAND!! JUST IN CASE. ITS WHAT HOSPITALS USE TO MAKE FOLKS COME DOWN A REAL LIFE SAVER

Hospitals usually use Versed (Midazolam) to stop seizures from my experience - which is also a Benzodiazepine like Valium (Diazepam) as you most likely know. We inject Versed I.V. or administer it rectally (with a syringe) as Paramedics. I would recommend (JUST MY RECOMMENDATION, ASK A DOCTOR) to NOT administer Valium to a person who is unconscious and seizing. It will not act fast enough. They need a Benzo ASAP, as in I.V. or Rectal administration - and by a Certified or Licensed Professional! Keep in mind that there are CONTRAINDICATIONS to Benzo administration and the patient's history is important to have the facts and not cause more harm.

I did not touch coke for 10 years but was drunk and came across some in S. America cheap. Was ignorant of what a fatal dose could be. Do not believe what you see in the movies, big mounds of shiny powder, line after line, people laughing and smiling. I did about a gram pretty fast. Instantly was shaking and jerking violently, heart was pounding big time, could not swallow, hyperventilating. Thought I was a goner but was convinced if I went right for help what coke was left would be found and I`d spend 20 years in a 3rd World jail.

Heavy sweating came in about 10 minutes, cranked up the AC. Calmed some once I got some water and a valium down my throat, but the heart pounding went on an hour. Had to go to the hospital (on my own) and get a big shot of valium. Have not touched coke since. Am sure I never will. If you must though, please small dose it.

By the way, if anyone knows if there is a difference between convulsions and seizures please tell us. I jerked violently a bit at first, but so fortunately never feel or went out like is described with seizures.

shit man well you did take south american coke! If you take like 6 grams of the blow we get in Britain then that's probably the equivalent to I gram of whatever you had!

intence rush like on a roller coaster vision blurs then theres a ringing in the ears you get sweaty and have a very fast heart beat and feal like you need to throw up and is difficult too talk.

exactly like an experience i had once.
i was always going for the ringing ears feeling, but once blast hit me so hard, my vision was in slow motion, couldnt talk was positive i was going to die
took probably 30 mins to pass then i was ok - i've never had a seizure (funky chicken) but damn, coke is so not worth it

^

I throw up when I hit the stem until I have literally no more room for air. I guess this happens to others? this happens almost everytime, except with can bowls and things you cant rip a huge cloud

Like the second right after the hit "i feel like hit it way to much". I start to get dizzy, my stomache turns, then comes the puke..which is like black spit..pretty gross..after that i always feel like a million bucks. i always step outside afterwards too. and yak my mouth off to unsuspected pedestrians

She asked a simple question, I don't think she was looking for a lecture8).

Anyway, the signs and symptoms leading up to a severe cocaine overdose are: profuse sweating, very fast heartbeat, chest pain or pressure (feels like somone's sitting on your chest), shortness of breath, dizziness, trembling or shaking, tingling, blurry vision, confusion, delusions or hallucinations. If you experience any of these symptoms, it's time to take a break.

i had all those symptoms when i almost overdosed in my friends car over the summer. That when i was doing like 2 grams a day, and that was just with that friend i was 3 different cocaine/crack binges at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.