Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Childhood Cartoon Nostalgia-mania-paloozaganza!!!

HeWhoHowls

Bluelighter
What were you watching when you were 5??
What were you watching when you were 8??
10??
What cartoon gives you the fuzzies??

good thread off-shoot. i like it. especially now with netflix putting so many of the old nickelodeon shows on Instant.

when i was a little one, my favorites were Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, and Doug. probably in that order. i have not seen Doug since then, but have recently re-watched many, many of the Rocko's Modern Life and Rugrats episodes--still love them.

Those above are great mentions. I had a lot of favorites. But by far my favorite show as a kid was "Beetlejuice". So many memories from that show.

Smurfs...Pee-Wee's Playhouse(not a cartoon,but included cartoon clips (; ) - Chipmunks -Scooby-Doo- The Muppets-Fraggle Rock- and what is the one where it is said "by the power of greyskull"- Wonder Woman- The Flintstones-(also not a cartoon,but......) The Brady Bunch.
movies-The dark Crystal - Labyrinth - Willow - Little Shop Of the Horrors-Beastmaster

The cartoons that give me the fuzzies are modern....SOUTH PARK!!! Family Guy King of the Hill-mainly SOUTH PARK!!! I am a HUGE fan!!!

nice thread---and pleasant walk down memory lane.

Much peace and love.............................skillz =D

I loved Bobbys World. Bobbys voice was hysterical, as were the rest of the characters.

After that it was Rugrats.

Oh yeah, I was a Bobby's World fan too. It was a part of my morning ritual along with my cereal.

It's Generic!

loonytunes reruns: timeless gold.
flintstones, jetsons, etc. a whole plethora of toons from long before my actual time.

the most current ones i can recall are:
dangermouse
inspector gadget
bananaman
transformers
he-man
voltron

oh and one of my favourites was G-Force.

Angry Beavers were my #1
followed by rocko, ren n stimpy & aaah! real monsters.
My very 1st backpack in kindergarten was a Rugrats backpack.
I'll never forget.

Wait, none of these compare to Kablam!
a sketch comedy show for kids

kablam.jpg

2982933930103677179S500x500Q85.jpg

kablam5.jpg

SnizFondue2.jpg

Damn I just can't remember what I was watching when I was 5!

When I was 8 or 10, it was mainly Looney Tunes (especially Road Runner), a few Nickelodeon shows, The Simpsons and South Park.

I still watch South Park... I remember watching the old episodes as a kid, then watching them again as an adult. The experience is completely different!

My favorites, in no particular order:

Shows:
Looney Tunes (That these aren't standard Saturday morning fare these days on network television is a travesty.)
The Real Ghostbusters
Batman the Animated Series
Darkwing Duck
Robotech
C.O.P.S. (Any one remember this one? ;) )
Doug (Strange how that music grew on me...)
Recess
Hey Arnold!

Movies:
The Little Mermaid (Look, man, I was ten.)
Beauty and the Beast (Look, man, I was twelve. Ish.)
An American Tail (My favorite Don Bluth film.)
Charlotte's Web (Probably my all-time favorite animated film.)
The Lion King
The Chipmunk Adventure
Oliver and Company

Last edited:
I watched tons of cartoons from 1990-1998......some favorites:

Gummi Bears
Ghostbusters Cartoon
Muppet Babies
The Mask
Ducktales
Tail Spin
Aladin
Eureka's Castle
Darkwing Duck
Mighty Max
David The Gnome
Tiny Toons
Heathcliff
Garfield and Friends
Chip n' Dale

how could i forget!

roger%20ramjet_r1_c1.jpg

the theme of which makes a killer brainbug

Most memorable show of my childhood would have to be 'The twisted tales of Felix the Cat'. That show is mindblowing. As a child I found it incredibly enjoyable but as an adult I now realise how trippy it is. The 'Space time twister' episode stands out in my memories and I still love watching it today!

Theme song/Opening credits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE6ltfaWGJg

Space time twister:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1UZsLmqyxs

I hope everyone finds them as nostalgic as me!

Fucking loved all the cartoons on this page. I used to love Wacky Races. Boomerang gives me a nostalgia seizure everytime I pass it in the guide. Rockos and Ah real, were probably my favorites but I watched the old school Cartoon Network line up too. Smurfs, Quick Draw, Hong Kong Phooey, Scooby doo and the brothers(can't remember this shows exact title they traveled around with just scrappy, shaggy, and scooby/not the Boo brothers movie which was also a favorite!), Space Ghost, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Huckle Berry Hound, Dexters Lab, Cow and Chicken(old fave!), Johnny Bravo, I Am Weasel!, I don't know if I watched this but I also remember the Bannana Splits, Josie and the Pussycats, Snorks, Alvin and the Chipmunks, 2 Stupid Dogs(old fave!), Swat Kats(fave), Ed Ed and Eddy, Mike Lou and Og, and so many more that I probably forgot. So many generations, but I liked 'em all. I will admit though that my generations were my favorites though.

Kablam was great.

Also deserving a mention:

Johnny Quest
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Gargoyles
Captain Planet
X-Men
Beavis and Butthead
Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?
Pinky and the Brain