Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Childhood Cartoon Nostalgia-mania-paloozaganza!!!

+1 Rocko's Modern Life. There was a show that I watched a lot when I was even younger, probably around age 6, that I can't remember the name of for the life of me. It was about a red-haired detective-type guy with a little blue dog. I don't remember it any better than that... any one know what I'm talking about?

Addendum:
Eek! The Cat
X-Men (And, gag, even X-Men: Evolution.)
MIB (I was in college when this came out, but I still thought it was very good, and had a bitchin' intro, to boot, linked below.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPIsIUjVanQ

Film:
A Cricket in Times Square I still have a soft spot for crickets today because of this movie (and book).

Mysterious Cities of Gold (Nothing to this day has come close to how good this was)
Roger ramjet
Smurfs
Gummi Bears
Condor Man
Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles
The Berenstain Bears
Sooty & Sweep

They're not all cartoons but so what.

Mysterious Cities of Gold

I'd forgotten all about this until you posted it. :) Remember Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea?

Honorable mention for those who remember USA's cartoons: Heathcliff.

Oh shit, I completely forgot my favourite show of all time! Dragonball/Dragonball Z! I have every episode on DVD and I don't think a week goes by where I don't watch at least 10 episodes in succession...

^youtube/torrent search for "dragon ball abridged parody".

seriously, it's brilliant. thank me later.

nb. this is coming from someone with an akira toriyama tattoo

^Hey man, if you're talking about the teamfourstar abridged parody then I sure do like the cut of your jib. I watch their videos religiously! I also think you should upload a photo of said tattoo, I must see it! :D

yeah that's the one, hilarious stuff.

my tat is a band so a pic won't cut it, here's a video showing it off from several years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Cnznm8vvY

i was more of a dragon ball comic fan. i bought them as they were still being made in the start of the 1990's. still got the 42 book set.

^true fan right there.

I was a tad too young to get them as they came out but I sure have caught up now. Akira Toriyama is my anti-drug.

cheers for the yt comment. :)

yeah toriyama is king. best superhero comic ever imo.

dragonball z was my shit when I was 10.
i recently started re-watching it and i still find myself getting giddy...

This is a fun way to find out how old you guys are 8o

-God damned whippersnapper!! ;)

Smurfs...Pee-Wee's Playhouse(not a cartoon,but included cartoon clips (; ) - Chipmunks -Scooby-Doo- The Muppets-Fraggle Rock- and what is the one where it is said "by the power of greyskull"- Wonder Woman- The Flintstones-(also not a cartoon,but......) The Brady Bunch.
movies-The dark Crystal - Labyrinth - Willow - Little Shop Of the Horrors-Beastmaster

''By the power of Greyskull' quote is from Masters of the Universe/He-man ;)
Loved all those listed, fantasy Movies too, Skills =D

I watched tons of cartoons from 1990-1998......some favorites:

Gummi Bears
Ghostbusters Cartoon
Muppet Babies
Ducktales
Garfield and Friends

Yes! :)

Also,

Care Bears
The Snorks
Duckula<3
Scoobydoo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Animaniacs
The Racoons

Last edited:
There is a new channel called The Hub that has some older cartoons to watch too. :)

I've been getting random memory flashes of "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors" for years. I just now discovered its name using the magic of statistically improbable search terms and perseverance. I saw one episode when I was pretty young, thought it was the coolest thing ever, then never saw it again because I wasn't home when it was scheduled or something. I was really intrigued by the idea of giant voracious plants being melded with technology and magic, it was just so fantastical -- wizards in space, telepathic plant overlords, magic rings, and tank-animal-plant vehicles + toddler mind = awesome. Episode intro.

jacye_and_the_wheeled_warriors.jpg

Also, Inhumanoids (Episode intro). Giant mutants locked deep in the earth are exposed by geologists with advanced weaponry who must battle them using extreme violence -- yeah!
inhumanoids.jpg

Last edited:
I'll rename a few here:

- Inspector Gadget
- David and the Gnomes
- Capt. Planet (seriously, I bet many of you know the entire theme song)
- Doug
- Rugrats - if I catch an episode nowadays I still think it's hilarious

- capt. Planet (seriously, i bet many of you know the entire theme song)

Cap-tain pla-net! He's our he-ro! Gonna take pollution down to ze-ro!

(imagine that was in caps...apparently the forum has an anti-caps filter.)

The little sister of my babysitter's son used to watch Jem. I didn't watch it, but this reignited some ashes of childhood times. Weird, I remember the Jem intro being vaguely sexual to me even though I couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 years old ... I remember being desperately frustrated because I wanted to fuck (well, do something to) the horney girl squirrel from Sword in the Stone at the same age, too... ah nostalgia.
jem-and-the-holograms-jem-and-the-holograms-629830_500_409.jpg

Last edited: