• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

Strange, don't you guys get the dream rebound assault when going sober from weed either?

So far it's been a lot easier to sleep when going sober from d8 than it is with d9. Dreams aren't nearly as abrupt either. I'll keep my fingers crossed for now.

Strange, don't you guys get the dream rebound assault when going sober from weed either?

Nope! Although sometimes the setting will be really unusual/

It's hard to explain, but typically my dreams are in a distorted version of places I've frequented in my life, and they connect in strange (sometimes literally impossible) ways.

So I went to school in Western Maryland. There was this grocery store out there right at the base of a mountain (read: large hill, because it's Maryland and our mountains are weak.) From the parking lot you can see right up the side, and there's a neighborhood with a shit ton of houses that go up the mountain... it's kind of hard to explain, but from the bottom the streets kind of look like this:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
--------------
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
-------------
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
--------------
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

and it just repeats like that until the terrain becomes too steep at the top (vertical lines are houses, horizontal are streets.)

So! When I replicate that in my dreams, somehow I'm looking down the mountain to see the "peak" and the horizon. It's a really funky optical illusion that I absolutely love. It kind of reminds me of that scene in Inception where the city streets kind of fold over each other:

Also, I can get there just by walking a certain path around one of the lakes in my hometown neighborhood, despite my hometown and my college town being about 165mi apart. The lakes are strange, man, they're like the nexus and I can literally get anywhere from them depending on which side path/trail I take. It's actually really awesome even though it sounds kind of lame when I try describing it.

Last edited:
Y'all ever heard of Harry Mack? Dude's an incredible freestyle rapper, man, I just caught on last night to this little series he's been doing. Check it out if you got a second, the shit is amazing:

This is a video of some psychotic (?) drummer playing at a kids party. It’s a setup but you can easily imagine the pikachu drummer on acid and losing it.

Tom
edit 1: The imaginary acid peaks starting at 1:00. Too bad he didn’t kick the drums over

Someone special convinced me into a three week break. Much needed, i guess. I haven't had a break this long since 2015, and no deliberate break whatsoever since 2011. I can still vividly recall the one time i ever declined some cannabis.

Two weeks seemed wimpy but a month seemed too long to the part of my mind that considers every sober moment incomplete and missing out. Three weeks it is. Harm reduction at work. Maybe i can stop abusing after this reset. Cutting it down to weekends would be great. Every other day would be good. Going back to my daily habit wouldn't be a waste either since i at least will have done the break.

Now heading toward insomnia and borderline PTSD dreams. The dream rebound always fascinates me. Lately i've been dreaming a lot even through the fog. The dreams will now likely change from confused everyday scenarios into a psychedelic kaleidoscope of horror, gore and mutilation.

I gave myself 1mg alprazolam just to smooth out this sleep cycle. It's been almost a year since taking a benzo so no worries there. It's too boring a buzz for me to get hooked, unless my health deteriorates further which doesn't seem to be happening, thankfully.

Last edited:
Pop quiz, fuckers!

What's the plural form of "it?"

(these are the thoughts I fall asleep to, lol)

NSFW:
It's they or them. I'm so disappointed in you guys.

Last edited:
Duuuuude, the DMV/Capitol area is getting hammered right now. It's 10:40am (snow started around 6am) and we've got over a foot on the ground. Shows no stopping until maybe around 3pm.

It was 64F yesterday and now there's over a foot of snow on the ground, lol. God bless Maryland weather.

2 weeks off now.

Growing apprehensive and careful about the prospect of consuming weed again, like it's a psychedelic. No urge to relapse. Drinking ~1/4 the amount of alcohol without further craving. No tobacco for a couple of days.

The dreams are insanely vivid still. Sometimes terrifying, sometimes comical, often a bit of both.

Sorry if i'm a party pooper... Just feel like putting this into words.

Last edited:
Pop quiz, fuckers!

What's the plural form of "it?"

(these are the thoughts I fall asleep to, lol)

NSFW:
It's they or them. I'm so disappointed in you guys.

Speaking of that:

What do you think about "they/them" as a personal pronoun then? It's a non-binary/queer thing.

I think they (pun intended) should just choose "it". No reason to consider oneself plural. Seems dumb to me. I guess "it" sounds dehumanizing by force of habit. I thought breaking habits was the point of all this new gender stuff...

Speaking of that:

What do you think about "they/them" as a personal pronoun then? It's a non-binary/queer thing.

I think they (pun intended) should just choose "it". No reason to consider oneself plural. Seems dumb to me. I guess "it" sounds dehumanizing by force of habit. I thought breaking habits was the point of all this new gender stuff...

It is what it is. I don't see a problem with it, but I also don't think "they" should see any problems with being misaddressed by those "not in the know."

2 weeks off now.

Growing apprehensive and careful about the prospect of consuming weed again, like it's a psychedelic. No urge to relapse. Drinking ~1/4 the amount of alcohol without further craving. No tobacco for a couple of days.

The dreams are insanely vivid still. Sometimes terrifying, sometimes comical, often a bit of both.

Sorry if i'm a party pooper... Just feel like putting this into words.
Good for you for taking a break. We all need to stop and assess our lives from time to time.

Fuuuuuuck guys, this isn't related to drug discussion at all but it's got me pretty stoked.

So I grew up kind of poor. As an adult I still feel that way. Learned to pay for things with cash and if I didn't have the cash to cover the cost, I went without.

Two years ago I bought my first car with no credit. A literal credit score of 0 because there was no history. A few months later, got my first credit card.

Today I checked my credit score for the first time ever and I'm at 744. Fucking 744. It's not the best but it's a far cry from zero, lol. I figure if I stay this course and manage to keep the score and my checking/savings climbing, I'll be able to buy a house in about a year. Hell, I might even be able to swing one now if I was willing to commute 60 miles back and forth to work every day.

idk, I'm not really looking for praise and I know this probably won't lead to any kind of meaningful discussion here but like I said, I'm fucking stoked about this. I logged onto the website expecting to see a number in like the 500-600 range. This shit is absolutely blowing my mind in the best possible way.

Whew! With that off my chest, I'm about to roll a little joint for myself and get lost in this new season of Cobra Kai. If you haven't seen it, it's worth checking out. I recommend being a little fucked up when you watch it, though, because it's full of cliches and tropes that are hard for me to get past when I'm sober. It's a fuckin' fun show to watch, though.

I've been taking edible cannabis oil as a part of meals/desserts to try to cut back on drinking cause apparently you need your liver to enjoy drugs that are actually good. I have to say I never was a big fan of oral cannabis but I think its starting to click. To be honest I am really impatient and ended up spending my energy/weed on smoking and vaping cause the rush is more pronounced. Have ended up with a good deal of scrap material that I only really would want to eat since it's not worth smoking. So being forced to experiment with edibles has paid off I guess lol. Much more relaxed, ebb and flow sort of feel than inhalation, but somehow a more fully psychedelic high.
Cannabis has been used to treat pain since as far back as 2900 B.C. (2Trusted Source). More recently, scientists have discovered that certain components of cannabis, including CBD, are responsible for its pain-relieving effects.

I see the endocannabinoid system as evidence that we evolved as humans with the plant. The plant made a big part of who we are today.

And today I've got mad munchies thankful for this blessing amen.

I see the endocannabinoid system as evidence that we evolved as humans with the plant. The plant made a big part of who we are today.

And today I've got mad munchies thankful for this blessing amen.

Wishful thinking, imo. Almost every animal has an endocannabinoid system, invertebrates and vertebrates alike. It's hard to imagine mussels and sea urchins getting any ganja in their system, unless y'all know of some type of underwater weed that you've all been keeping away from me.

iirc, only insects lack one-- an endocannabinoid system, I mean.

I don't really have a different take on it but hey, let's get fun with it and just say I blame it on ancient aliens.

Wishful thinking, imo. Almost every animal has an endocannabinoid system, invertebrates and vertebrates alike.

iirc, only insects lack one.

I don't really have a different take on it but hey, let's get fun with it and just say I blame it on ancient aliens.
Doesn't weed send dogs into comas and shit?

Doesn't weed send dogs into comas and shit?

Fuuuuuuuck I hope not.

When one of my dogs in high school was getting near the end of her life I blew her countless shotguns. She's would recoild from the smoke a little bit, sneeze, do that little playful bow posture (nsfw for size)
NSFW:

play-bow-181428759-resized-56a26a9c5f9b58b7d0c9ff08.jpg

and run around the yard or in circles for a minute before crashing into me and asking for another. Rinse and repeat like 3-4 times and she'd go empty a water bowl and sleep it off for a couple hours... I sure hope those weren't comas, lmao.