CAVITY SEARCHES : any way to avoid them ?

ROLLerskater954

Bluelighter
im going to paste something a friend posted on another board , and i wondering what can be done in that situation, and what are the legalities concerning this, and one's rights..........................................

"oh yea, coming back from amsterdam was insane in customs. so get this, i went with 5 other people right... and 3 of them got stopped in the beginning of customs (due to profiling i am assuming since we are kidz coming back from the drug capital of the world). my friends got through, then when we were almost out of there, they stopped my best friend alex and made her go in a room. a dog smelled pot on her, so they gave the poor girl (who never did anything wrong in her life) a damn cavity search!!! they went through all her shit and they took her brand new, unused pyrex sherlock and a box of 50 packs of rolling papers, also unopened and unused... they just took that shit even though it is legal!! and it went on her record. they didn't find any pot on her but we were there for hours. funny thing is, our other friend went home and unpacked his shit, only to find a baggie with a couple gramz in one of his pockets. so you really do have to be careful coming back from places like that. it's just not worth it!!
"

There is no way to avoid a cavity search if the DHS suspects you are concealing some sort of contraband. It is perfectly legal, and you have no right to refuse.

It sucks what happened to her, but why did she feel the need to bring back rolling papers and a glass pipe with her? She would have been much better off just buying these items in her native country, even if it would have cost her a lot more money.

That's illegal for them to confiscate a clean pipe and rolling papers. Take it to the circuit court!!!

CreativeRandom said:
That's illegal for them to confiscate a clean pipe and rolling papers. Take it to the circuit court!!!

Yeah, I'm real sure a court is going to give you back a bowl and rolling papers that were confiscated after a k9 smelled marijuana... be realistic man.

Yep, it doesn't sound like a battle worth fighting.

What if you refuse to have a cavity search? Surely they can't pin you down and do so against your will?

Couldn't that constitute rape or breach human rights?

HobbyIsBowling said:
Yeah, I'm real sure a court is going to give you back a bowl and rolling papers that were confiscated after a k9 smelled marijuana... be realistic man.

Smelled marijuana, but they didn't find any, am I correct? I would think that they have no legal cause to confiscate, since there is no way to actually prove that they were going to be used for marijuana. And, in reality, is there any way to prove that she was the one smoking marijuana, even if she smells like it? It could easily have came from someone next to her in a coffee shop.

^^the lawyer costs and overall hassal would FAR outwiegh the costs of getting a single pipe and papers back.

I'd be more bothered about having a hand shoved up my arse myself.

Uh yeah. Take a shower and change your clothes before you go over a border or get off a plane.

it seems a little excessive to be doing cavity searches on young girls for pot. Exactly how much weed could one fit up their ass anyway?

Shucklak said:
it seems a little excessive to be doing cavity searches on young girls for pot. Exactly how much weed could one fit up their ass anyway?

Since when was the drug war not excessive?