• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

carpet surfing for shards

Not the floor 99% of the time, because I have cats and no matter how much of a degenerate I devolve into, I always make sure the kitties are safe because they're my rocks anchors. I do my best to keep that draw closed closed . I do, however, find bits and bobs throughout my desk drawer which is where I keep my paraphernalia, scale, surfaces, etc. With my well-honed tweaker eyes, I can usually find chunks of hexen floating around in there, usually partially melted bits that came loose off foil or in glass. Enough to get me pretty high the the day, certainly.

Lately I've been intermittently experimenting with MDPHP (every couple of weeks, or right after I send this message, one of the those two). Being bright orange, it's easy enough to spot but I know if it falls to the floor, it's gone because I either have to clean it up asap or it just dissolves into my finger if I try to snag it. Well, I accidentally spilled a (nearly) fresh bag into the sink late at night the other day. I figured maybe this was a sign and thought I'd just leave it be. I have a healthy respect for this stuff after it induced my first psychotic episode in all the years I've done drugs.

I thought it was gone (such is life) but to my surprise when I looked in the sink the next morning...it turned out that most of it had landed in the pyrex pan that I'd been washing out with water after using it to do NEH a couple days prior! The bottom of the pan had a shallow layer of water in it and I figured it would have dissolved. I didn't realize MDPHP (and/or pyros, I'm not super familiar with them) wasn't instantly water soluble so--very carefully--I lifted the pan, drained off most of the water, and left to dry. I really had zero expectations but was mostly just curious to see what would happen to it or if I could recover it.

Sure enough, yep...a few hours later, the water was gone, the powder had dried out, and I was able to scrape it all up to put into a new container. All total, I'd recovered 1.2g out of the 2g I had started with. Score!

Having sampled it more than a few times now, it doesn't seem to have lost any potency and all properties are as expected (smell, melt, taste). All-in-all, much more satisfying than thinking you've collected a bunch of half-melted hexen only to discover it was actually pizza crust. Or finding little rocks that were, in fact, cat litter (I didn't smoke that but I did test it to see if it would melt...the smell alone told me it was not what I was looking for :sick:.)

WOW, the amount of times I've finished my bag and i go searching for little baby shards even though i know I'm super careful when loading the bowl. its crazy. only do it when I'm tweaked and craving, but awhile back i was doing a lot of meth and benzos and would of course have blackouts, so after my stash was done, i convinced myself that during my blackouts i would of hidden a stash somewhere, spent hours searching. i hate it, i hate that part of drugs. its really nasty and the desperation of needing and wanting more.

Lol I can't believe this thread popped up. I remember starting this 7 years ago. I no longer carpet surf and can control my tweakness much better

I used to analyse anything even vaguely shiny and crystalline on the off-chance I'd accidentally spilt a gram of meth somewhere without noticing. Once I think I smoked a small chunk of plastic that looked suspiciously methy. Somebody please shoot me if I ever descend to those depths again 😖🤪

I would kick ppl outta my apartment if they started that shit, also if they started peeking out the blinds and shit. Got to go at that point. Although funny story that happened to me in similar fashion was in nov 2016 I moved from florida to minnesota and it probably the 3rd or 4th time it had snowed, well I come walking into my apt building and look down thinking "good shit, someone dropped their shit all over". There were shards scattered all over carpet, 5 min later and a handful and a half I fukking realized.....snow, ice, roads, I was picking up fucking road salt!
Glad no one saw this lol

I can't stand that type of behavior though I have fallen victim once or twice. I had a friend that tried to smoke a piece of wood in his pipe thinking it was a shard.

Carpet Surfing? Shit, im homeless and live on the streets, so i see tweakers are now using stcks of their fingers, and are digging up the earth in a manner that tells me they are looking to dig an archaeological dig site with big hopes to find the ancient civilization that hid massive amounts of yack!

Carpet Surfing? Shit, im homeless and live on the streets, so i see tweakers are now using stcks of their fingers, and are digging up the earth in a manner that tells me they are looking to dig an archaeological dig site with big hopes to find the ancient civilization that hid massive amounts of yack!
..................:oops:........huh??

do you enjoy searching through the floors and tables for possible dropped Crystal?
I like to call it “Ghostbusting”. Searching for something that ain’t fucking there. Lol.
I would kick ppl outta my apartment if they started that shit, also if they started peeking out the blinds and shit. Got to go at that point.
Yes. Time to GO!

Last edited:
Not meth, but I had something sorta similar happen with heroin.

I broke a small rock of heroin in half and a small part of it went... Somewhere. Presumably on the carpet?

Periodically for months after it any time I was really sick I'd see if maybe I could spot it. Never did. Thank christ. Cause if I had I'd definitely have shot it and that can't be good for your health. But when you're really sick, everything comes second to making the pain stop.

I've done it a few times, I think it's a fun way to pass the time. I'm usually pretty careful but sometimes a piece of shard goes flying while trying to crush it.

Is it just me or when high on meth do you enjoy searching through the floors and tables for possible dropped Crystal? I guess I'm tweaking.lol
Dude, I do that for weed, pills, shatter, or anything I might find its normal. Sometimes I even find some M and M's.

I've seen this thread b4...
I don't care but the mods would
Altho I personally think that threads should be able to be done over again so other members (who didn't get to post the first thread) can throw in ideas and comments in the next one
But the mods don't see it that way apparently

Really? What I am hearing is any given topic is single use only, then it's been consumed and is no longer eligible for a post? Is that what you were saying?

I never loved the idea of 7000 page long threads. My brain is moderately neurodiverse and among other peculiarities, I have rigidities of thought sometimes. When I encounter those long threads, I feel a strong onus that I really have to read it fromthe first page and depending on the forums I've been at, checking to see if your question has already been posted before asking the same question again was often easier said than done. I resented the. Forums are an interactive thing--like conversations. I would think it makes more sense for people to always start new posts and keep a casual flow of conversations that are current and may allow more variations and nuance to surface on any given subject. I don't know, I can't think straight right now.

I wouldn't worry about it. Different mods might have different thoughts. And generally each subforum of bluelight has its own mod team and they get a lot of latitude to run their area. And I'm not a mod for this part of the site, so I don't want my post to come off more authoritive than I meant.

But for what it's worth, I've been a mod here a while now, and I haven't seen mods care much about if a post has been done before or if it's old and been bumped.

I'm not aware of any site wide policy on the subject, far as I know one doesn't exist.

So yea, I wouldn't stress about it. :)
I'm not saying a different mod somewhere, sometime on bluelight might not have had a different interpretation. Sometimes there can be confusion about policy and interpretation of policies between mods. But I am saying that I can't see anyone getting in any trouble for bumping threads or creating ones that have been done before.

"cocaine foraging behavior"

That is awesome. I love when the researchers, so far removed from much of our world have to start describing it, and codifying it, like anthropologists--or, given how feral people can become, biologists, and zoologists. I guess, that is a laugh of the darkest gallows sort, bringing levity to the unsettling spectacle of humans driven into fugue states by cocaine, hypnotized and oblivious to anything but poring desperately over every inch of every surface, scrutinizing anything small and in the ballpark of the colour white. It becomes so quaint, and contained; a discrete conceptual product swaddled in the gentle phrasing, cocaine foraging behaviour.

No because the only time I experimented with Crystal Meth I got really focused and started doing a bunch of work I had been putting off. So I immediately stopped the Crystal Meth.

Sometimes when i’ve tried to crush a shard in the spoon it’s ricocheted across the room. I have invested serious time hunting them down - sometimes only to find they were stuck to front of my shirt or in my hair.
This has definitely been me the past couple of days. Usually only happens when I have no money or right before pay day and I start obsessively looking lol