• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Carefully Calculated Suicide - A Philosophical Discussion

So for you suicide is always inherently a bad act? And would mind explaining what you mean by "karmic perspective?
Because of how it has effected me, yes. I had thought to say though, I noted it from my recent trip in my report, I had a realization that maybe my dad thought that I would somehow be better off with him leaving the world like he did than I would be if he tried to stay? Perhaps his line of thought somewhat followed that. I can't say I'd ever agree but there is no use looking back or wondering what could have been. The trauma made me who I am and I would never trade my life for anything but I will still never not say that I wish he hadn't done it.

With the karmic perspective, I mean kind of like Plumbus said. Not necessarily that your soul will experience a life time in a proverbial hell before potentially being thrust back into the same/a similar lifetime as the one that drove you to suicide, but I think it is only an invitation for more suffering in a reincarnation sense. But who knows. In some cultures, ritual suicide is a thing. Fail, become dishonored, die and start over. But I am personally inclined to believe that, assuming your soul never dies and that one of the primary purposes of our existence is to live, experience and grow and keep repeating the same mistakes until we learn from them, perhaps suicide expedites that process but I don't think it would make anything better. I think it would just propel one into a new lifetime of the same suffering so that they are forced once again to try and learn the lesson from the life they gave up on

By taking their own life, I think they transgress what we as a society means by sane to insane.
So according to how we measure and view mental health as a collective, taking your own life makes you a victim for some mental malady.

For most people, (I think) the thought of suicide is not associated with relief or escape.

I think sane people kill themselves. I think it's one of the most sane things you can do, once you understand the absurdity of your own existence.
Whenever I feel like I'm done doing what I want to do here, I'll probably end my life.

I think suicide is a travesty when the person who takes their own life do so in despair.
Six of my childhood friends killed themselves (all of them addicts) in frustration, one by one, over the course of like 3 years.
They couldn't get the help they needed, and ultimately took their own lives to not have to deal with it anymore.

So I'm torn.

People who are pushed towards suicide by desperation should obviously get help.
But if you've done your due diligence and given it serious thought, if life just isn't something you enjoy, why shouldn't you be granted help to end it?
It seems cruel to force somebody to live, yet we do that, literally.

We don't decide to be born, the gift of life is forced upon us and we are left to slowly be squeezed by the iron hand of circumstance until we return to dust - how can you not have the right to end your own life? That's about the only real control we have over our lives.

This the second thread on suicide to surface in the last week or two.

Below is a link to a podcast hosted by one of our local radio stations and the description is below. I urge a few to listen to said podcast as it will give you some insights into the topic in a way that I couldn't and that I don't see being espoused on either thread.

"Psychological Matters: #WorldSuicidePreventionDay: Suicide – Underrated and Misunderstood
16 September 2021 9:14 PM
For Psychology Matters we are joined by Dr Ancel George, Clinical Psychologist at the Free State Psychiatric Complex and Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Free State on #WorldSuicidePreventionDay (10 September), Suicide being underrated and misunderstood. We look at who is at risk, reading the warning signs, and how to respond."

I'd like to weigh in here (heavily) but shall hold off until there are some comments on the above.

What incensed me and hence prompted me to chime in here is that on both threads, as well as during this talk show, it was purported that suicidal people are not capable of rational thought and that their reality differs from those of others. I put it to all that sometimes it may be the only well thought out decision and rational course of action that a person has made in their entire life.

I'd not post this if I didn't think it was pertinent and was going to be a waste of 46 minutes of everyone's time. I've listened to many lectures and read many studies on this topic and this podcast sums much up in and in plain English and in a practical way. Point being and for the well intended on threads such as this: not all problems in life have a solution (well they probably do but sometimes the solutions are out of reach) and there is no guarantees made by the universe that things will always get better if you just hang in there. As for the religious arguments against it: well I'll save that argument for when I weigh in on this topic.

Last edited:
Greetings all, I’ve been thinking about suicide a lot lately. Not just on a personal level but also more generally and would like to hears others thoughts. Basically, what I wondering is: Can a sane rational person consciously decide to end their or life? Or is suicide proof mental illness?
Sane people do suicide with help of a institution. But not all around the world these practices are available. So you geographic location matter's. When you are interested PM me and I'll send you a link to their site.

Not that they are crooks. Actually they are probably very integer. But the ending of a live is not something to take lightly, as it, live, will end eventually. But talkin' about it is step one.

Some people end their live in a moment of disappear. But a lot do it very planned. People with progressing disease's or mental illnesses.

By taking their own life, I think they transgress what we as a society means by sane to insane.
So according to how we measure and view mental health as a collective, taking your own life makes you a victim for some mental malady.

For most people, (I think) the thought of suicide is not associated with relief or escape.

I think sane people kill themselves. I think it's one of the most sane things you can do, once you understand the absurdity of your own existence.
Whenever I feel like I'm done doing what I want to do here, I'll probably end my life.

I think suicide is a travesty when the person who takes their own life do so in despair.
Six of my childhood friends killed themselves (all of them addicts) in frustration, one by one, over the course of like 3 years.
They couldn't get the help they needed, and ultimately took their own lives to not have to deal with it anymore.

So I'm torn.

People who are pushed towards suicide by desperation should obviously get help.
But if you've done your due diligence and given it serious thought, if life just isn't something you enjoy, why shouldn't you be granted help to end it?
It seems cruel to force somebody to live, yet we do that, literally.

We don't decide to be born, the gift of life is forced upon us and we are left to slowly be squeezed by the iron hand of circumstance until we return to dust - how can you not have the right to end your own life? That's about the only real control we have over our lives.
That is a beautiful stance. My dad committed suicide when I was 15 and it tore me and what seemed to be my life to pieces. Regardless, for some reason i still hold Hunter S Thompsons suicide in high regards. If a person was ever truly done living, he surely went out with a bang

That is an interesting stance. Everyone's reality is different, so I mean I get it but at the same time, and please pardon me for saying, but to say one who commits suicide is not capable of rational thought sings to me as somewhat of a victim mentality more than anything, i.e. it was always "that person" who was wrong and not "me they hurt". Perhaps I'm biased in presuming this perspective and please excuse me for it not at all being all inclusive.

That said, I mean, as some have droved over in this thread, suffer for years and years with no end in sight and no cure, hope, or purpose, and it does start to seem illogical. I assume that the stance for saying that they are not capable of rational thought stems from the notion that a rational, sane person would never commit suicide. Not to muddy the waters but I always like to quote Deepak Chopra when he said "What we call 'normal' is actually the psychosis of the conscious collective". Again, I'll never condone suicide or say that it is justified or okay, but perhaps rationality is yet another subjective thing. I understand why no one would want to live in this world but I also understand and have personally experienced how time, effort and intention can make all the difference and literally change the world you live in, at least from your perspective
This the second thread on suicide to surface in the last week or two.

Below is a link to a podcast hosted by one of our local radio stations and the description is below. I urge a few to listen to said podcast as it will give you some insights into the topic in a way that I couldn't and that I don't see being espoused on either thread.

"Psychological Matters: #WorldSuicidePreventionDay: Suicide – Underrated and Misunderstood
16 September 2021 9:14 PM
For Psychology Matters we are joined by Dr Ancel George, Clinical Psychologist at the Free State Psychiatric Complex and Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Free State on #WorldSuicidePreventionDay (10 September), Suicide being underrated and misunderstood. We look at who is at risk, reading the warning signs, and how to respond."

I'd like to weight in here (heavily) but shall hold off until there are some comments on the above.

What incensed me and hence prompted me to chime in here is that on both threads, as well as during this talk show, it was purported that suicidal people are not capable of rational thought and that their reality differs from those of others. I put it to all that sometimes it may be the only well thought out decision and rational course of action that a person has made in their entire life.

I'd not post this if I didn't think it was pertinent and was going to be a waste of 46 minutes of everyone's time. I've listen to many lectures and read many studies on this topic and this podcast sums much up in and plain English and in a practical way. Point being and for the well intended on threads such as this: not all problems in life have a solution (well they probably do but sometimes the solutions are out of reach) and there is not guarantees made by the universe that things will always get better if you just hang on there. As for the religious arguments against it: well I'll save that argument for when I weigh in on this topic.

That is a beautiful stance. My dad committed suicide when I was 15 and it tore me and what seemed to be my life to pieces. Regardless, for some reason i still hold Hunter S Thompsons suicide in high regards. If a person was ever truly done living, he surely went out with a bang
Same here. I have nothing but respect for how Hunter chose to go - as he lived, with a bang.

The argument that the suicidal aren't capable of rational thought is the most ridiculous one I've ever heard.

I would rather argue that if you have never had a suicidal thought, you are not thinking rationally.

Because life sure as hell isn't rational.

And I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

Same here. I have nothing but respect for how Hunter chose to go - as he lived, with a bang.

The argument that the suicidal aren't capable of rational thought is the most ridiculous one I've ever heard.

I would rather argue that if you have never had a suicidal thought, you are not thinking rationally.

Because life sure as hell isn't rational.

And I'm sorry to hear about your dad.
Thanks, yeah I came to the conclusion a while ago that, while there is nothing wrong with feeling perfectly content with your life, it seems to take a degree of psychosis to feel completely at home in this world, especially with the way things are. But skipping the rest of the journey seems to defeat the purpose in my opinion

I keep wanting to type out a comprehensive reply to this.....but then the thoughts just don't come out right.
I have attempted (and, thankfully, failed) suicide 6 times altogether. I now joke that I gave up trying because I clearly suck at it :)
ALL of my suicide attempts were heavily under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
Some of them were accompanied by a suicide note, others were not. As such I have written and typed numerous well thought out suicide notes in my time.

Now.... I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, both of which I am medicated for. If I go off my meds my symptoms return, indicating that these disorders are likely to be life-long. Does that mean I am mentally ill, despite being medicated and my symptoms largely under control?

In this discussion, what exactly are the definitions of "sane" and "mentally ill"?

And then there are circumstances....
Is it sane and rational for a young healthy BUT very depressed person to commit suicide? I would say no, because of the abundance of opportunities for their mental state and life situation to change.
Is it sane and rational for an elderly, terminally-ill and very depressed person to commit suicide? I would perhaps say yes. They've lived a full life and chances are they have nothing but pain and suffering ahead of them.

However, humans are conscious and self-aware, and with that comes choice, therefore anyone can decide to do anything, really. I think perhaps the question is, is the decision to end one's life a good, wise, pre-meditated decision? Or is a poor, ill-considered, impulsive decision? When you think of it that way, does the state of mental illness even matter?
I agree, when someone is in a depressed state they are not in a fit state to decide whether to end they're lives.
I think It should be a team of people including the persons family members who decide whether someone is in a fit state to end they're life.
Diseases like Alzheimer's Parkinson's and other similar diseases, yes seeing loved ones going through pain and suffering and losing the person who you know is just plain horrible. Animals are out to sleep humanely, why do humans have to suffer so much.
I hope I do get to chose when l leave the planet.

I keep wanting to type out a comprehensive reply to this.....but then the thoughts just don't come out right.
I have attempted (and, thankfully, failed) suicide 6 times altogether. I now joke that I gave up trying because I clearly suck at it :)
ALL of my suicide attempts were heavily under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
Some of them were accompanied by a suicide note, others were not. As such I have written and typed numerous well thought out suicide notes in my time.

Now.... I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, both of which I am medicated for. If I go off my meds my symptoms return, indicating that these disorders are likely to be life-long. Does that mean I am mentally ill, despite being medicated and my symptoms largely under control?

In this discussion, what exactly are the definitions of "sane" and "mentally ill"?

And then there are circumstances....
Is it sane and rational for a young healthy BUT very depressed person to commit suicide? I would say no, because of the abundance of opportunities for their mental state and life situation to change.
Is it sane and rational for an elderly, terminally-ill and very depressed person to commit suicide? I would perhaps say yes. They've lived a full life and chances are they have nothing but pain and suffering ahead of them.

However, humans are conscious and self-aware, and with that comes choice, therefore anyone can decide to do anything, really. I think perhaps the question is, is the decision to end one's life a good, wise, pre-meditated decision? Or is a poor, ill-considered, impulsive decision? When you think of it that way, does the state of mental illness even matter?
I agree, when someone is in a depressed state they are not in a fit state to decide whether to end they're lives.
I think It should be a team of people including the persons family members who decide whether someone is in a fit state to end they're life.
Diseases like Alzheimer's Parkinson's and other similar diseases, yes seeing loved ones going through pain and suffering and losing the person who you know is just plain horrible. Animals are out to sleep humanely, why do humans have to suffer so much.
I hope I do get to chose when l leave the planet.

Greetings all, I’ve been thinking about suicide a lot lately. Not just on a personal level but also more generally and would like to hears others thoughts. Basically, what I wondering is: Can a sane rational person consciously decide to end their or life? Or is suicide proof mental illness?
I think suicide is totally a rational option and sometimes the best option.
In the states it’s so wrapped up in religious dogma that people want others to keep on living no matter what life at any cost even when the cost is dire.
the rest of the world is moving away from that narrow point of view
I am not talking about a depressive episode, or breaking up with someone and feeling like life is over and an impulsive act. Not feeling alone one day or drunk and high and sad and topping yourself; that I would classify as temporary insanity the whole “permanent solution to a temporary problem“ shit
I am talking about end of life, quality of life
you would put a beloved pet down because you would never want to see that animal suffer like that
but
for some reason a human being has to thug it out to the
bitter, brutal,
end
suicide
not always a bad horrible choice made by a hopeless person
sometimes a rational choice
to stop the pain of a degenerative disease,
to not drain the bank accounts of your family
to die with dignity
on your own terms 🦋

It makes no sense to single out suicide as selfish when human nature is inherently selfish. That makes sense if only from an evolutionary standpoint - ensure the species survives via individuals fighting for self preservation so that they may reproduce. Even selfless acts confer some benefit to the person doing them, whether that be feeling good due to self esteem boost or because they have acted according to their values, or others may think highly of them, or they are gathering good karma etc.

People yammer on about being pro choice and human rights, but when it comes to bodily autonomy regarding the most fundamental aspect of one's personhood, suddenly they turn a 180 and start moralising. Along with the right to a life with opportunity for fulfilment, people also have the right to opt out of that. No qualifying conjunctions.

Once we start tossing around words like 'objective' and 'independent third party', logic ceases to be part of the discussion. Even saying that it must be premeditated to be rational brushes against that line, because who is to define premeditated? How long must one ponder in order for their choice to be considered 'not impulsive'? When an hour feels like a year, who is to say that a person has made an impulsive decision? If a person had decided in advance and planned for a Gregorian Earth year, or say they had thoroughly considered both choices during that time and at the end of that year chose death, is the former's or latter's decision not thought through? Who gets to decide?

A primary reason many are opposed to suicide on the grounds of it being selfish, I find, is because those the deceased leave behind fail to gain anything from it unless they had been left a will. (And even then a will is only valid if the person writing it was 'of sound mind' at the time. Which is bullshit and also tangential to this topic.) Selfish acts are often only looked down upon when there is no perceived benefit to others. Contrarily, e.g., giving charity is lauded, even if the intent was to lift one's ego.

There is then also the issue that by choosing to opt out of life, a person is no longer a consumer or a productive member of society. Both of which are desperately avoided, because on a mass scale, this would disrupt the economic system and society at large. Never mind that as we progress, even technological advances will be unable to keep up with the rate of population growth. Eventually the human species will reach their carrying capacity (K) and start dying out until an equilibrium with other species and the planet's resources is achieved.

Cells undergo apoptosis when they are unable to function as they ought. They self destruct and preserve the organism from deteriorating (should the defective cell undergo mitosis, the tissues its daughters comprise would become corrupted as well, leading to degradation in quality of organ systems). No one says that cells are selfish or weak for this - it is simply part of the life cycle of some cells. Not all cells do it, mostly cells that are unable to progress beyond particular checkpoints (G1, G2, etc) or have experienced some mutations.

I don't see why humans ought to be any different. If anything, many of those who die by suicide are agents of natural selection. Whether it be physical pain that drives their decision or mental stress or emotional turmoil, one could argue that it does not benefit the survival of the species to artificially carry individuals who will pass on those unfavourable traits (assuming that those traits have a genetic basis).

I recognise that my views are unpopular and even considered demonic by certain groups. However, based on logic and science, I stand by my statements.

Even saying that it must be premeditated to be rational brushes against that line, because who is to define premeditated? How long must one ponder in order for their choice to be considered 'not impulsive'? When an hour feels like a year, who is to say that a person has made an impulsive decision? If a person had decided in advance and planned for a Gregorian Earth year, or say they had thoroughly considered both choices during that time and at the end of that year chose death, is the former's or latter's decision not thought through? Who gets to decide?
Very nice and insightful and thoughtful post of yours.

Just addressing the above because I was the one making the premeditated/rational argument and your argument on that point is solid.

How long? Yeah well there's the problem. I suppose one could set goals or draw lines in the sand. In other words: if you're in a situation (doesn't matter what it may be) that's led you to seriously contemplate this course of action as a solution well then, and assuming nothing has changed or improved by a certain predetermined time, despite the individual truly having done all they can to resolve (or the individual truly believing themselves that they have done all in their own power to resolve) well then it's time (not really relevant how long it's gone on for or been premeditated or planned in order to be deemed as rational) (but this also dependent on the issue at hand and requires a rational and realistic assessment of the situation and what's possible or realistic in terms of the future).

There's a caveat to this though i.e. thanks to this thing called survival instinct it'll be human nature to reach a line drawn in the sand, justify crossing that line and not acting, and so on and so forth. Next thing you look back and you've crossed ten lines in the sand and the situation has only gotten worse possibly even to the point where this isn't even an option any longer due to lack of resources (highly dependent on how you want to leave of course).

As to who gets to decide what's rational and a reasonable time period? The individual of course. But that's a bit of a slippery slope and relies on the individual being capable of fully comprehending the reality of their situation for what it actually is or has become, not what it could be or may become in the future, I suppose in short (too late for that I guess): what I was getting at in my original post wasn't necessarily a fixed time limit and specific date (arguably). There's a certain amount of realism and probability that'd have to be factored in. In other words: if whatever situation or ailment has not been resolved within a certain time period and the reality or the probability of the same being resolved at some point in the future is slim to none realistically speaking (there's the caveat) well then that's time up/limit reached. Far easier said than done though. In the time that I've spent on this topic and going down some awkward and possibly even macabre rabbit holes: it's clear to me that human beings will find any excuse or reason under the sun, no matter how deluded or nonsensical or unreal said reasons may be, to not act.

Last edited:
Of course and if/when you're ready...

Philip Nitschke (Exit International) been working on this thing for years. Although I'd be willing to bet that if socioeconomic or financial loss and destitution are your reasons for arriving at this point then this ain't going to be a viable option! :ROFLMAO:

Philip Nitschke (Exit International) been working on this thing for years. Although I'd be willing to bet that if socioeconomic or financial loss and destitution are your reasons for arriving at this point then this ain't going to be a viable option! :ROFLMAO:

Yepp, much of the reason that people resort to violence (jumping before a trolley, hanging) is because they lack access to a more ideal means (which almost always requires medical oversight). See Peaceful Pill for more about this, highly recommended read.

Yepp, much of the reason that people resort to violence (jumping before a trolley, hanging) is because they lack access to a more ideal means (which almost always requires medical oversight). See Peaceful Pill for more about this, highly recommended read.
Now that it’s been mentioned people need to be aware and wary of any free online copies floating around. Scammers have gotten a hold of the thing and edited and added links to get people to send funds to invalid or nonexistent vendors for certain substances. Which is pretty fucking low let’s be honest. It’s one of the reasons why Dr. Death and his organisation charge for the book i.e. they’re supposed to update the thing with current and verified information. Guess my point is if somebody comes across this information here and does decide to go on a little fishing expedition then they need to be aware of this.

A thread has already been made on this topic, and I believe it is better suited to the philosophy forum. I'm gonna send it over there.

This is way too complicated. Note that the key method in this machine is the nitrogen gas. Unlike carbon dioxide in the blood, nitrogen gas does not trigger the gasping response. The body literally has no way to sense that nitrogen is accumulating in the tissues and displacing oxygen. Then you just go to sleep and die. But you don't need a giant machine to do it, just a bag over the head that lets in no oxygen, and a container of N2 released into the bag. (I will not say where to source that.) Death is in 4-10 minutes.

Btw I am not saying anything controversial. There was a whole documentary about this called (IIRC) The Best Way to Die. And in the U.S. they are thinking of replacing execution methods with this. Same with euthanasia. I don't understand why they bother with pharmaceutical methods when N2 is readily available.

If I ever needed to do it, this would be my method. Straight up.

This is way too complicated. Note that the key method in this machine is the nitrogen gas. Unlike carbon dioxide in the blood, nitrogen gas does not trigger the gasping response. The body literally has no way to sense that nitrogen is accumulating in the tissues and displacing oxygen. Then you just go to sleep and die. But you don't need a giant machine to do it, just a bag over the head that lets in no oxygen, and a container of N2 released into the bag. (I will not say where to source that.) Death is in 4-10 minutes.

Btw I am not saying anything controversial. There was a whole documentary about this called (IIRC) The Best Way to Die. And in the U.S. they are thinking of replacing execution methods with this. Same with euthanasia. I don't understand why they bother with pharmaceutical methods when N2 is readily available.

If I ever needed to do it, this would be my method. Straight up.
But for one problem. I have to make the assumption that this thing has been tested for leaks etc. The actual method of replacing oxygen with nitrogen or helium is nothing new. Exit International been banging on about this for years. Even some enterprising entrepreneurs selling "Exit Bags" or instructions on how to DIY. Unless you're pretty handy: the failure rate is pretty high. And last thing anybody needs is to go down the DIY route, starve the brain of oxygen, and then still come 'round. There's even a crowd who have been trying to market some type of re-breather apparatus which has proved to be unreliable and a rip-off at best. I've always found it ironic that offing yourself isn't quite as easy as people think i.e. the success rates are not that high (method dependent) yet people who actually WANT to live drop like flies daily with little to no fuss.

And here's a rather sobering table (statistics). Unfortunately and for reasons beyond my comprehension the original site is no longer so the link below is to the archived version of the site (seems to me the last time it was archived. and therefore active until, 29 November 2021). Point being: information like this should be plastered all over the Internet in my opinion. Now whether or not this site was taken down or the owners just coulnd't be bothered with keeping it up and running I know not. But it won't be the first site to have been forced down by the pro-lifers and religious fanatics (assuming that's what happened to it) and it won't be the last either I'm sure. Prime example is the use of firearms. There's been more than one incident where some poor fellow just assumed that using a firearm was foolproof. Not so. There's even been one or two reports where a shotgun to the head hasn't done the trick (go figure). And some dude somehow managed to shoot himself twice after initially having blown half of his face off, going to the bathroom and seeing what had happened, and then gone back and rinsed and repeated (obviously getting it right second time around). That particular case had law enforcement perplexed as you can imagine i.e. dead people cannot operate a pump action shotgun so how come there was a spent cartridge on the floor. And even with pistols. Thanks for the movies and bullshit there's an assumption that a single shot to the head and you simply drop. Not true. And depends on so many factors not least of which are aim, type of ammo. used, not flinching, the list goes on.

And while I'm on a roll here this morning below is a neat site and has some real decent information on it (it's not a pro-suicide site i.e. far from it).

I'm not advocating this course of action (although that's arguable but not my intention on continually posting on this thread) i.e. my interest is two fold here. On topic: suicide is justifiable and sometimes practical. Off topic: it's always been of great concern to me that people make assumptions on methods only to find out they're totally wrong and end up fucking themselves in the eye and in a far worse position than they were before.

And if the real truth be told: here's an admission. I thought I had all the answers on this. Turns out I didn't some two or so years ago (and some around here may have a good laugh and remember my "baptism of fire" right here because of this very topic) (and I don't need to get into it again). Personal opinion and the danger here (as I now know) is that on a site such as this I'll bet that the default course of action is theorized to be an OD. The success rates of intentional ODs is actually very low (yet another irony I'd say). And thanks to the media hype and bullshit: you'd be surprised how many people who are not in the know just assume that Fentanyl will do the trick. It's simply untrue (although highly individual dependent and dependent on quality and ROA in my personal opinion). And this is one of those topics where a little bit of knowledge can be highly damaging and have some long lasting and unintended future consequences.

And while I'm here and on a roll this morning here's a neat site on the topic (it's not pro-suicide i.e. far from it). But there's some really good information and text that's worth a read on the site and on this topic. Some thought provoking input and advice if nothing else.

Last edited:
Here. This video an interesting take on the above machine. I don't think the above video did this thing any justice.

This dude (whoever he may be) explains the distinction between euthanasia and assisted suicide and adequately explains the mechanism of action.

This post a fuck up originally posted on the incorrect thread. Only realised that now.