• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cannabis Caution?

So if he later on in life goes for a job that involves having a 'police' check done will this come up for the employer to notice?

So if he later on in life goes for a job that involves having a 'police' check done will this come up for the employer to notice?
The officer told me it wouldn't. It doesn't come up in any background checks, it's only on the police record (at least that's what I was told).

Happy birthday dude.

Personally, i'd my more concerned about stirring up police interest by making a phone call to them than the off chance that your parents might discover that you aren't the complete angel they think you are. What's the worse your parents would do? Throw you out on the street? Cut off your university education? Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Happy birthday.

Happy birthday dude.

Personally, i'd my more concerned about stirring up police interest by making a phone call to them than the off chance that your parents might discover that you aren't the complete angel they think you are. What's the worse your parents would do? Throw you out on the street? Cut off your university education? Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

CrayZ makes a good point. Even if worst comes to worst and your parents do find out about you smoking marijuana, just look on the bright side of the situation - at least it's only marijuana, and that your parents more than likely disapprove of you smoking it because they're concerned for you. I don't know your parents and what they're like, but I doubt that they would throw you out. My Mom and step-Dad were very strict on rules; for example I would be yelled at for talking about philosophy or something uninteresting to them, or I would be hassled because I accidentally put a cooking utensil in the wrong drawer when washing up -and that's no exaggeration. But when they found out about me taking opiates, I was never kicked out, just harassed about it and threatened to be kicked out. When you're 18 you begin to realise that your parents aren't the big authority figures as you saw them at a younger age, and they can usually be calmed by using a bit of rhetoric (i.e. "I did quit, but I thought I would try it again" or "I had the vaporiser on me because I was waiting to give it to a friend who does smoke marijuana" etc.).

Depends on the security clearance level required for the job. Recently the Police have said that they will start taking people who have used Cannabis, just not if they were ever habitual users. Your chances of future employment are much greater than they would have been two years ago.

Your Police record will come back to haunt you if you ever get in trouble again or get a conviction and have to go to court. It con be used against you then.

Just be please that you don't have a criminal record resulting from this. A few years back people had to attend court within the next few days for Cannabis.

Thanks poledriver, they're pretty relaxed laws, the 10 grams in western Australia seems signifcantly more harsh then else where. Does anyone know if this has reduced the amount of marijuana being had in Western Australia, my suspicion is that it would not.

Thanks so much for the replies, and also for the birthday wishes, I really appreciate it!

This is true, I agree. However it's not exactly the punishment, it's more the fact that I directly lied to my parents after they trusted me so much and let me off lightly the first time I got caught because they believed in me, the guilt is gonna eat me up (I know some people will see this as a stupid reason, but that's just how I feel).

So yeah, I've decided that I'll just try and answer the phone if they do call and see if I can get the caution myself, otherwise whatever happens, happens :\

But what if (hypothetically) they call up like 6 months or a year later to give me it? Would they still go to my parents because the offense was committed while I was under 18? What if they call 5 years later? This is why I'm hoping that the time it takes to process the caution is irrelevant and that now I'm 18 they shouldn't be allowed to contact my parents first. Am I right in thinking is? I'm not sure.

Also a random question, if someone gets caught with weed and the person claims that it is synthetic cannabis can the cops do anything if they can't prove otherwise?

Last edited:
^ They will be able to tell the difference, synthetic cannabis smells distinctly different. And if someone did try to use that as a defence they would get it tested.

Also, the reality is I can't see them calling up after 6 months. To me it just doesn't make sense and I'm sure they have more important things to deal with rather then calling up someones parents for a caution when you didn't even have weed on you. I'm not a police officer so I really can't know for sure, but it just seems unrealistic to me.

Whatever you do don't say "Synthetic Cannabis". Say "Herbal Incense" or the new term from the states "Aromatherapy Herbs".

You also have to be 18 to be a member here under the BLUA. Hopefully your posts before Sunday don't get deleted.

Happy 18th B'day for Sunday mate :)

I wouldn't be surprised if the cop didn't actually know what the law was, has gone back to the station, realised he can't caution you without actually finding any weed and will then just leave it. You don't have to be very smart to complete the 6 weeks at Goulburn.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cop didn't actually know what the law was, has gone back to the station, realised he can't caution you without actually finding any weed and will then just leave it. You don't have to be very smart to complete the 6 weeks at Goulburn.

I'm praying for this haha

Verybuffed said:
You also have to be 18 to be a member here under the BLUA. Hopefully your posts before Sunday don't get deleted.

This isn't a rule under the BLUA as far as I know. Where did you see that?

I agree with drug_mentor though:
drug_mentor said:
You make it sound like telling your parents won't bode well for you regardless, so I don't see why you would dob yourself in to potentially alleviate some small level of grief but be guaranteed to be busted, over taking a gamble that it might not happen and not copping it that much worse if it does anyway.

It sounds like a pretty flimsy charge. I think there's def a possibility nothing will come out of this, so to me, it seems the best bet is not telling your parents now.

That's not part of the BLUA and the signup age during registration is 13 not 18.

Sweet. That is what I meant - the signup age.

I didn't realise the signup age requirements had been changed down to 13 from 18 years of age. 18 years of age was always the rule before Bluelight moved from it's previous hosting in The Netherlands to Russia. Thanks for clarifying that for me. Don't let the kids in CD know that though - it's hard enough to read that forum as it is :)