• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cannabis Caution?

You sound like you have your life together mate. Don't stress too much. Some parents will never understand and will always keep up the zero tolerance approach. That is just what they they have most likely come from. That is their choice.

Get your degree, get your own place and you will be much happier.

My dad just e-mailed me a bunch of articles saying how weed is evil (A bunch of parental and government websites presenting "facts"). I replied "You expect me to read these when you won't even listen to me?". He then replied "Read them and see me at 11:30am tomorrow in the office I will listen to whatever you want to say. I will be quiet for that period."
Any help? haha. I'm gonna use this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2QJ74U_W0w

1) The cop tripped you up. By saying 'no comment', you could've walked away from this at the outset. He's feeling pretty pleased with himself. He has the upper hand. And he thinks you're dumb. Nothing boosts the self satisfaction of a cop like exposing someone for being a 'dumb crook'. That he relished the chance to do you slowly, in front of your parents, speaks volumes.

2) When you laugh off the words of the all powerful, righteous, caution giving policeman (or are indifferent to his 'gateway drug' claims), the thin blue line between you and a life spent making beaded necklaces and engaging in such hideous pass times as not glassing people at the pub, in front of adults (you are not his peer, your parents are) you throw a quantity of powdered napthalene onto an already intense flame, because he 'has more expertise' than you as he sees it. He has seen lives destroyed first hand, and of course, it all starts with weed... You aroused contempt in the cop heart, a rookie mistake, as the late, great Hunter S Thompson will tell you.

3) In the cop's eyes, its highly, highly improbable that, being a 17 year old caught with a piece of relatively sophisticated paraphenalia (think about it - how many dudes at 17 you think this guy grabs for possess cannabis? Most are smoking out of a springer, a small pipe or rolling shitty joints, right?) this was your first outing with a little Mary Jane. Clearly, you vile juvenile delinquent you, you have been abusing this heinous drug for such a length of time as to have developed the taste for the finer means of consuming it. You are inveterate user.

As to dealing with your folks... take it on the chin. What's done is done. You can no more undo the situation with them than you can dig up a corpse, put it in front of a piano and expect it to offer you a rendition of Elton John's 'Candle in the Wind'. The only way to do this is put on the hang dog expression, explain how you sought to minimise the health risks by consuming it via a non smoking method, act as contrite as possible, and accept that some parents, like police, are self righteous toss troughs when given the chance to work out on you. Your parents have probably been shocked as fuck by having 5-0 in their house, putting on the jazz concerto of Grade A horse shit the caution giver no doubt fed them, in full uniform, saying how your attitude sucked. Dude, if your parents are even HALF intelligent, the anger will fade... Simply, this, too, shall pass.

Re careers and police records - if you aren't joining the cops any time soon, noone will ever be able to see the caution but the police, who will factor it in should you get pinged again, strictly from a 'how to proceed' stand point. If you attempt to join the legal profession in four to five years time, you'll declare it and they'll either let it drop or ask fror more information. If you attempt to join an intelligence agency or apply for other 'protected' positions, it'll come up but will be viewed in totality against the rest of your life.

You were 17. Bottom line - 17 year olds fuck up. But 100% of the private sector will never know about it unless you tell them, and 99% of the other jobs you will do won't be able to see it either. Simple as that.

Jeetski,

I wouldn't worry about your parents too much. The truth of the matter is that if they hate pot, they will always hate it. About ten years ago, I went through a period of depression/psychosis brought on by an intense break-up and the (over)use of various substances, including pot. To this day, my parents have blamed pot for what I went through, and see it as a demon.

The advice related to having your life in order is good, and it seems like you're already following this path. Parents are generally brainwashed from the war on drugs rhetoric, and refuse to interpret the situation through logic and reason. Even though I used a plethora of drugs when I was younger and was completely depressed from the break-up, it will always be the pot that caused the issues in my parents eyes. Why? Because it was the most obvious substance I used, i.e. I was living at home, it smells a lot, and is easy to obtain.

In any case, I'm over 30 now, have a Master degree and work two highly respectable jobs. I've learnt not to mention pot or anything else to my parents because they can't get over the idea that "it almost ruined me". It's hilarious really, but I feel it's easier to allow them to believe what they want to believe. Continue demonstrating "social" success, and they will forget about this through the assumption that you couldn't possibly be smoking pot (or using any illegal substances) if your so successful. 'Cause, like, if it's illegal, it will ruin your life, right?

People are stupid, so use it to your advantage. Wage an intelligent war against the system. Present the image they want to see and make smart choices in regard to anything you "shouldn't be" doing.

Funny how they forget to teach children their rights in school isnt it....

It's a pretty sad state of affairs.. sure its gotten a little better, but we are still basically living in the dark ages on subjects such as these.

Take it on the chin and let it go. By harbouring resentment for his actions and his ignorance you will only hurt yourself. At the end of the day pricks like him are only re-enforcing the boundaries between police and citizens. One day that generation will die off and maybe the global opinion towards certain drugs will be different.