• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you smoke methadone syrup?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I have methadone syrup. I've never injected in my life, I tried it, failed miserably, never trying that again, it just isn't for me😂

I wondered if you could smoke it? It's very runny, so I figured there may be something I could mix it with to have it evaporate properly.

Or does this not get you high at all? All the forums I look at mention methadone wafers, I'm in the UK, I have the liquid/syrup stuff.

Any advice, lmk, thanks!🌞

(Btw, the part where I tried to inject and missed, there's a lump there. I injected around â…’ml or less, I imagine it'll heal over time. I aren't in any pain. It just looked a bit scary at first. I'll keep my eye on it. I rubbed the area with anti-bacterial wipes to make sure + the syringe was sterile, there's just a lump from missing a vein. Does anybody know whether this could be dangerous, or will it just heal?? At first I sucked on it to try and get it out, no dice, but tbf, it seems to be less intense already. I still worry though.)

I have never heard of anyone even attempting to smoke methadone, but if it were to work you'd need a low tolerance and definitely couldn't use the syrup.

The lump from injecting it will heal, but keep an eye out for signs of an infection. I used to inject methadone syrup a bit (unfortunately). Nothing fucked my veins as much as that stuff.

I have never heard of anyone even attempting to smoke methadone, but if it were to work you'd need a low tolerance and definitely couldn't use the syrup.

The lump from injecting it will heal, but keep an eye out for signs of an infection. I used to inject methadone syrup a bit (unfortunately). Nothing fucked my veins as much as that stuff.
I can see lol, think it's put me off injecting for life. Idk how people get it into their veins, I just literally can't do it.

Btw, is plugging methadone best, or oral?

I think methadone has a good oral bioavailability and a slow onset, which is also why snorting methadone isn't a thing (at least not to my knowledge). Even injection won't be able to provide you a rush with this substance, and these syrups are specially made to deter abuse (I had pills and usually used them sublingually but honestly there was little difference to plain old oral use).

Yeah, dont try smoking methadone. I 'had' a friend - smartest kid i knew outside his RUTHLESSLY evil mad scientist addiction to all drugs and the needle itself. I can tell you methadone will come on faster by injecting, but not that much faster and never worth it. Smoking wont work at all. No bioavailability that way. Plugging is same as oral. I was on methadone for some time.

There is a way to transform syrup in Methadone base for smoking. generally its possible but it depend of syrup composition. I tried it some years ago and i didnt find it really useful, Methadone don't give a rush in my experience so there's no point to do this

Yeah, dont try smoking methadone. I 'had' a friend - smartest kid i knew outside his RUTHLESSLY evil mad scientist addiction to all drugs and the needle itself. I can tell you methadone will come on faster by injecting, but not that much faster and never worth it. Smoking wont work at all. No bioavailability that way. Plugging is same as oral. I was on methadone for some time.
i don't think its related to bioavailability, its the pharmacokinetics i think. As you said even IV is not worth it, absolutely no rush at all, and don't try yo inject syrup can be very bad, unless you want a golf-ball abcess. i tried one-time with pharmaceutical Methadone and i felt absolutely nothing. also as i said i extracted methadone base from syrup and tried insufflating and smoking. and the effect still take a long time to come so no rush, oral is same. only maybe some people with low tolerance will felt some effect. but if you are already taking methadone really its useless. And can be dangerous because methadone accumulate and if you consume it by smoking or intranasal you will take a dose much more often than if you take it orally so be careful please Methadone kill people every year.

Forgot to say in the posting before, I knew somebody who injected 💉methadone syrup and he died slowly off a thrombosis. Not recomendable.

This is analogous to cocaine vs. crack. You’re best off just snorting it or taking it orally. Snort only if you have a high tolerance

As someone who has been on the methadone program for 23 years (ive been on doses as high as 120mg and as low as 15mg both for several years at a time), i went through phases of injecting and it is just counterproductive. Methadone is designed to be taken orally. That is how you get the most benefit. No, you wont get the rush you get shooting Heroin or Morphine etc and it wreaks absolute mayhem on your veins. In the past, fixated by the needle, i have injected methadone and theres virtually no buzz or high. It is best swallowed. It takes an hour to kick in from when you take it but if youre on a high enough dose comparable with your opiate tolerance it works. Dont shoot it. And dont expect it to get you wasted unless you have no tolerance at all. Its a maitainance program. Its just there to hold you, not get you f'd up.
I cannot stress enough the dangers of shooting methadone, especially if you miss.

There is a way to transform syrup in Methadone base for smoking. generally its possible but it depend of syrup composition. I tried it some years ago and i didnt find it really useful, Methadone don't give a rush in my experience so there's no point to do this
Methadone is not designed to give you a rush. Its the exact opposite. Its slow release and long acting. Its supposed to stop you from hanging out, not get you high.

Take it ORALLY ….lol

Methadone has amazing oral bioavailability 80% average