• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I Snort This? MEGA

^^^I know,I've Tried to explain to countless ppl not to snort Percocet....They look at me like I'm crazy...

Heroin, one of the few opiates that has a higher BA intranasally than orrally, orrally heroin is nearly uselless

Orally, since diacetylmorphine is completely metabolized in vivo to morphine before crossing the blood-brain barrier the effects are the same as with oral morphine.
Morphine is subject to extensive first-pass metabolism, so if taken orally, only 40-50% of the dose reaches the central nervous system

pretty shitty BA but not totally useless

It seems a lot of people are getting confused with the reasons some people are snorting certain things...

bioavailability, binders/fillers vs active ingredient, and water soluble ingredients... these seem like the logical reasons you would take into account...

but a lot of these people are asking, because they snort other things...
kicking in faster certainly happens with some substances, but there is also placebo effect. I wouldn't underestimate the placebo effect... w/ oxy I know their is a better high with rectal ROA, however the second I feel that slight chemical feeling up in my sinuses, especially the second the taste hits the back of my throat, I instantly feel better - BEFORE the drug actually takes effect.

After snorting so much oxy, I started getting scripts of benzos... xanax, clonazepam, etc... I snorted them all... I actually thought snorting was MUCH better than when I just swallowed them, but that was just A NASAL FIXATION =) well, the clonazepam does have that nice minty chill, but it does in your mouth too.... anyways, now I find it stupid to snort a xanax bar, but a year ago I would have found it stupid not to. I still prefer snorting OC, but I don't snort the benzos with it, I swallow them. I have dexedrine, and I am still deciding which is better, snorting or oral.... I usually do half/half...

Point being, something like temazepam which has an extremely high oral bioavailibility, and would be illogical to snort, is still something many people will ask about snorting or prefer to snort even after KNOWING the facts...

regardless the drug, that 'rush', the drug kicking in faster (if it really does), and the drug kicking in harder (if it really does), usually makes them think they are getting high (which most drugs you won't).... The main rush, again, is that placebo effect.... combine that with being used to snorting in general (drugs that typically ARE insulfated - cocaine, power H, poxder oxy, etc...), results in a NASAL FIXATION... people tend to think anything they snort will be stronger and work faster...

Hence the people snorting vicodin, percs, not realizing how stupid snorting tylenol is, and how much of the high they are actually losing (maybe the placebo actually makes up for all the blockage from the APAP and fillers???).
Even people that snort something like Vyvanse, which is a prodrug and must be digested to remove the protein before it is active.....

they may *think* it kicks in faster, or say in their opinion it is stronger...
or maybe ask about snorting something when they've already been told another method is best...
its usually just being stuck on a nasal fixation, being used to crap goin up your nose.

just my thoughts

I gotta agree, the one time I experimented with snorting over maybe a period of a year, it was pretty much just being stuck on a nasal fixation, where I liked that feeling of knowing I had something kicking in right now, and usually something kicking in orally simultaneously. I don't know if it has a higher BA but I haven't seen it so I thought I would mention I have tried snorting flexeril at one point. It was the first really painful snort I had experienced, but that was short lived. I think I took maybe 12.5 mg orally and snorted 2.5, pretty good effects for flexeril. I havent snorted anything in years though. I figured out I could easily potentiate orally with opiates/benzos and just smoke pot on top of it, and enjoy a long lasting high that still has a strong rush, which of course is mostly mental anyways. Being in that druggie safe zone knowing you are about to feel it and doing repetitive daily activities while on the drug make the rush good enough orally for me. Tolerance is a bitch though, but hey I have been on hydrocodone for 3 out of 4 years without moving up more than trying stronger opiates here and there when hydro wasn't available, only to take a break and go back to the vicodin. It's the same type of thing, loving the act of chewing the pills and tasting them for minutes after until they kick in.

30mg Mallinckrodt Instant Release Oxycodone hydrochloride

They gel when snorted? or should I just oral? Very hard to grind, how much more 'instant' is it in my nose then in my belly? or should i do the behind?

By all means you can will it produce any amount of noticable fun effect probably not. If youre set on doing it anyway though let us know what sort of effects you experience positive:negative. Good luck sir or madam.

You can snort anything from Sugar to Salt. But whether there would be any point in doing so is another matter.
I doubt there's any recreational value so it would likely be absolutely pointless.

p.s. It's Ropinirole ;)

ropinirole

my bad for the spelling. Its a dopamine ago (kinda like suboxone but ni filler etc) they use it for anti Parkinsons but i have it for RLS do to my AWESOME OXY addiction and WD's... 3 months clean from OXY and the SUBs... honestly i dont know why i wanna snort these (i do obviously to see if i get the dopamine effects/rush) but i didnt know if it was worth it or possible. I take it at night and when i double dose i get happy and really tired but only for a short while. Its a 24 hour medication but will snorting it bring on fast more desired effects?

thanks...

also im PO'ed i cant PM people when do i achieve the EPIC bluelight status.

- New Member and still Greenlighter.... guess im not dead yet :p

Also if no one has tried or will help me figure this enigma out ill have to F***ing rail it myself and report to you fine people.

It's not as simple as it acting as a Dopamine Agonist therefore it will give you euphoric reactions.
It needs to release Dopamine into the "pleasure center" of the brain.
Also, Ropinirole only acts on D2, D3, and D4 dopamine sub receptors, so it's a selective Dopamine Agonist.
Substances that give euphoria are usually Dopamine Releasing Agents (such as Amphetamines) or Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors (such as Cocaine).

SO i did it..... 1mg F*************ed me up its like hitting a ambien mixed with an OXY it makes no sense. Its not placebo its real. IM F****ed.....

GL people please ahve fun and let me know other people that have tried this.....

What about snorting tryptamines? What about the bioavailability?
According to my personal experiences oral ingestion was the better way - it seemed to be stronger and more comfortable.

I've had good experiences with snorting DMT and following it up by smoking DMT when the snorted bit starts. I've never snorted any other tryptamines though, and I've never snorted a breakthrough dose of DMT. Snorted DMT has a much longer duration then smoked from my experience.

Sorry I need to specify I especially meant 4 substituted tryptamines like 4-HO-DMT...
Sure 5-MeO-DMT, DMT or DPT are working fine when snorted :)

i snorted some 5-MEO-DMT and it burnt like 2Cx... (like hell) and the igh was nothing compared to smoking it...

I don't know if this is the right place, and I have not seen it on the Bio-availability mega-thread; but what is the BA for plugged d-amphetamine compared to oral and intra-nasal? Would it beat nasal, as nasal beats oral? I have seen only one figure which had intra-nasal at about 75%-85% and rectal at 95%-98%; but this was on the Russian language Wikipedia site, so whatever their sources may not have been cited properly.

5HTP? Not trying to get high, just more bang/buck and timeliness, considering taking it 3 hours into E trip.

Also abilify? I have a friend who was prescribed and doesn't take. Partial dopamine agonist, so if people snort and love bupes then should work too?

Also, I've tried (Don't yell yet, you'll think I'm crazy) cayenne pepper. Trick is really got to do it in small amounts, and yeah burns a little bit, not so much painful as warm/hot. very quickly in though, you get the substance P, tiny bit of 5HT, and alpha adrenergic effects. I find works best with drinking like red wine. Small house party type things, not really a full roll, but makes things a bit more interesting. And talk about dirt cheap.

I don't know if this is the right place, and I have not seen it on the Bio-availability mega-thread; but what is the BA for plugged d-amphetamine compared to oral and intra-nasal? Would it beat nasal, as nasal beats oral? I have seen only one figure which had intra-nasal at about 75%-85% and rectal at 95%-98%; but this was on the Russian language Wikipedia site, so whatever their sources may not have been cited properly.

I've read that the plugged bioavailability is around 99% and the oral is around 20%, but I don't remember where I read this. In my experience about 5 mg plugged= about 25 mg oral, but it's hard to determine subjectivly because the two ROAs feel very different. I'm speaking primarily of adderall here, but I think it's pretty similar if not the same for dexedrine.