• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

Okay so here is what I did.
I started on 24mg of suboxone and immediately equilibrated after two days and cut my dose to 16mg
Did 16 for a week and. Half then went to 8mg
Did 8mg for 2 weeks then 4mg for 3 weeks
Then 2mg for 2 weeks and then I ran out.
I bought some morphine to change the addiction from suboxone (which had a ridiculously long half life---> so long withdrawal period) to morphine (short half life--> short withdrawal ) I took morphine fr two weeks tapering down to about 2 15mg pills two times daily. (So four a day. Then my family said they thought I should just quit cold turkey, this wouldn't have been my preferred method of detox, but I did it to prove I could, and after about 3-4 days I was feeling better. The first two were annoying at worse. It was just weakness, fatigue, BAD RLS, fucking horny as fuck, but too weak to have involved sex, it's was frustrating but completely doable, and I had withdrawn off of heroin cold turkey once and I was terrified to do this but I hyped myself up way too much, I started this on a Monday, and by Saturday I was eating BBQ at a party and even drank a couple beers ad went swimming, and the best part was my temperature wasn't fucked up too bad at all ad by Saturday it was fine.
I recommend this if u need to get off of subs bc u r running out, it works really well, but only of u taper to 2mg or less of subs, otherwise u might be having to take more morphine then you want to pay for.
Hope this helps u. I've been clean for 5 weeks tomorrow. By clean I mean no opiates AT ALL. I've been "clean" (on subs) since May 2nd. So yah, I also moved from the town where I bought so that is a big reason for my sobriety. We shall see how it goes. :)
Good luck to you! And Cheers!

well i got a grand total of 95mins of sleep last night. just two more fucking days until i get a sub script

rainie, you have been on opiates for a long time, expect long lasting PAWs

It is not like I was an opiate user daily, infact my time on opiates apart from bup has been in total 3 years, and that was never daily, more like once every 6 months for 3 years. I don't ever think I suffered PAWS for longer then 2 weeks. Yep I had been on sub for 6/7 years but again I was on low doses the last 3-4 years and did do a taper to 0.4/0.5. All the way through my sub intake I was working out, keeping busy and never felt like some do who claim sub turns on them. I want off as I want to lead a sober life without opiates.

So again today not been bad. Its coming up to 6 or 7 weeks I think. Had 8 hours sleep last night after 2-4 hours sleep the last few weeks, so that is a positive. Yep I am concerned I may get hit with symptoms down the road but then again am hopeful I may not do.

Hi is anyone from galveston tx on here trying to find sub doc

There is the doctor finder on the Official Suboxone website, all you have to do is enter your zip code and the radius in which you would like to search. There are a few other websites for finding doctors that specialize in treating patients with substance abuse problems, just google it and you will find a bunch.

Ive been using mild opis for 18 months, first got hold of bupe around 10 weeks ago, went on a mad spree, taking uncounted amounts, 4 mg chunks every few hours for 2 months before coming to my senses. I have been able to cut down to 1.5mg, and tbh its been easy so far.

Yeah my mood has been flattened, but fortunately i have been lowering my benzo tolerance, so now when they really are gonna come in useful, they are able to do their stuff without needing stupid doses. They help enormously. It wouldnt be so easy without them. In fact it would be fuckin murder.

Im down to 1mg now. I just feel slightly unwell. Is it best to wait until my body catches up and i start to feel ok on 1mg ? Or is it best to keep on ploughing on and keep on reducing ? I mean how long should i stay on 1mg ? 1 week seems to be the usual time frame for taper reductions ? Is there any advantage in tapering quicker than that, am i just prolonging my (slight) misery or making it as painless as possible ?

I really could do with some answers to these questions, so any tips/suggestions/advice from any one who's been through it would be very appreciated.

Im down to 1mg now. I just feel slightly unwell. Is it best to wait until my body catches up and i start to feel ok on 1mg ? Or is it best to keep on ploughing on and keep on reducing ? I mean how long should i stay on 1mg ? 1 week seems to be the usual time frame for taper reductions ? Is there any advantage in tapering quicker than that, am i just prolonging my (slight) misery or making it as painless as possible ?

I really could do with some answers to these questions, so any tips/suggestions/advice from any one who's been through it would be very appreciated.

The more gradual your taper, the easier it is on your body and the more manageable your withdrawals will be. It's normally best to stabilize on a given dose before dropping down again but plenty of tapers, like the ones done in an inpatient detox where you're only there a week, don't have time to do that so you're being dropped every day.

The point of self tapering with something like suboxone though is that you're not rushed to do those drastic dosage drops. You can draw it out a little to make yourself more comfortable and have a greater chance of success.

If you drag it out too much though, you will end up just prolonging it, however it's your detox and you need to do what you feel comfortable with. Plenty of people taper very slowly over the course of months and months or a year. There's no right or wrong way.

I waited a week or 2 before dropping again. You should feel better in a few days everyone's different so it's hard to say. If you don't mind being sickish then tapering faster would make it end quicker I'd imagine.

For me I cut my dose in half every 1-2 weeks depending how I felt about doing it once the day came. Just stay positive and see what works best for you.

Thanks for the replies, it gives me some kind of guide. I expect and plan to extend my benzo taper over a period of several months but want to get off bupe much quicker than that. I'll give it a week on 1mg i think, then see how i feel, and take it from there. If i start to feel OK in less than a week, and feel mentally and physically prepared enough i might cut quicker. Maybe it'll take longer than a week to 'catch up' and feel ok on 1mg. Its all unkowns that Im dealing with.

If i start to feel OK in less than a week, and feel mentally and physically prepared enough

This is what it's all about. Don't rush anything. Realize this is an important decision and step in your life. Do it right with the hope that you never have to do it again.

Thanks Mr Scagnattie, you have been very helpul. The way i see it i have 3 uncomfortable steps left to take: 1mg - 0.5 daily, 0.5 every 2 days, then quit. I think i know what to expect with the first 2 steps, but have no idea how im gonna be when i finally quit.

I finally got off the stupid subs. My story in short to hopefully help some people.

I was on 8mg for about 8 months before I decided I was done. I secrately dropped from 8 to 2mg before I told them I was quitting. I cut my dose in half every 2 weeks for a month and it was easy. Told the clinic I was done they tried to convince me I'd relapse and need to be on subs forever. I said maintain me with a taper or we are done. I was kicked out that day.

I still had my 14 8mg script so I continued to drop my dose in half. Going from 2 to 1mg a day was difficult. I took my dose in the morning before work and would be sick 12-18 hours later. I could sleep but woke up around 8am feeling very sick. It would clear up around day 5.

I continued the sick and not pattern by lowering my dose to 0.5mg in about a month. This was harder because 1/16 is kinda small.

Then I got to .25 which was easy from .5. I started not taking it on days off from work because screw it I didn't need them if I wasn't doing stuff.

Then I ran out and decided not to get a partial fill again. To be honest jumping from .25 was not even noticeable compared to my ct off heroin 2 years ago. I went to work pissed off tired and unable to eat. Bitched to my g/f at night and smoked weed to sleep. Today makes day 9 and I only notice because I count the days.

I know this may be "blog material" but I think it's important people know a jump from a small amount can be very painless in the end. Yes I had to man up and take the hits each time I lowered but I kept the goal in site. The only wd I got from jumping is what I consider being a normal person, I was moody tired and didn't wanna be at work.

I am so happy and life off subs and dope isn't much different then life on them. But I can walk around proud of myself, feel bad for my junkie friends who get sick, and be a success story and talk of the days I took the pain because I wasn't havin it anymore. We can all do this just remember it gets easier and someday it will be a memory and a secrate badge of honor.

Im on day 19 of sub wds I quit Oct 1st cold turkey 24-32 Mg a day 3-4 8Mg pills a day up the nose. Believe it or not dont care just want to share my story. I did not what so ever withdrawal until day 8 then I started the rollercoaster of pain. I had 1Mg ativans for day 8-9 helped tremendously then my wife flushes them on the morning of day 10 she says you did this to your self and now you can see what your addiction has done to you. I was MAD I mean MAD she had takin the only thing that helped haha. I climb and trim trees for a utility company, I missed work day 9 only, wish I had the luxury to stay home but I have no choice but to support my wife and daughter. Im no longer upset with my wife she is 100 percent right about this I did this and I myself have to fix it no more drugs period. It took 17 days for the subs to leave my body (bought sub test strips) and man what a long 2 1/2 Weeks things are chilling out a little still cant even sort of sleep and anything I eat goes through me in about 10 mins, compared to day 8-16 its a breeze! Gotta stay positive and treat every improvement like a blessing. Work was and still sucks BUT ive noticed I feel better when I get home compared to sitting on the couch all day, for sure worst days have been couch days, so my advise is to as hard as it is to do is get off the couch walk jog run or just stand still out back of your house for a bit everyday, I know it sucks but it does help a little. Just remember the rollercoaster will stop time will heal. Im on day 19 and can actually feel again im learning to live in my own skin again! I was an awful junkie for 8 years and sub feen for a little under a year if I can do it you can to its still hard but man you get rewarded every day you get a piece of your life back hang in there and God bless.

i'm over a month off of 12mg>8mg>4mg over 9 months

you have to make an effort to make the W/D pain go away
exercise, drink sport's drink, drink v8, drink fruit smoothies, eat nuts, banana chips, make subtle changes in your life/behavior, use clonidine at a small dose for a short amount of time, your bupe doc will probably pretend they've never heard of it....

and be positive , you may not be as sick as YOU think

EXERCISE
you don't have to do wind sprints, just go for a long ass walk

and good luck, be strong

Not sure if you have found your answer, but when stopping the suboxone you have to remember that it has a half - life of 36 hours so if your last dose was 6mg after 36 hours you will still have 1/2 of that last dose. So if you take another dose of 4mg to feel better you now actually have 7mgs in your system. So after another 36 hours you have 3.5mgs in you. What I have realized is, I /you will just have to deal with some sort of WD, but at least it wont be as bad and there are home remedies that you can do to help cope for at least 1-2 weeks until it's all out. Which means you can't take any type of opiate. Hope this helps some.

I admire you! I am trying to kick myself i have stopped talking my lorcet and switched myself to 2mg 2x a day suboxone. This forum has helped me a lot. It let's me know that I'm not alone and there are many people struggling just like me. It seems to me that the sub docs set us up to be on these things for ever with the illusion that were off the hard illegal stuff but in actuality we are still addicted to drugs just legal now. We are substituting one opiate for another because of the WD that is hell, but when I read about someone like you and others who were strong enough to say I can do it and I'm gonna do it it gives me great hope. I will be tapering more this week to 1mg 2x a day then 1mg every other day. Thanks again, almost home.

I disagree n find this line of talk, offensive. I act completely different on suboxone to how I acted on codeine. For instance, last week my cat died - and I completely forgot to take my suboxone until late afternoon. If that had been codeine I'd have been obsessing over it as a way of coping n taking as many as I could possible take. I certainly would not 'forget' to take one until late afternoon.

What you are referring to is DEPENDENCY - not addiction. You are dependent on your medication n thus get withdrawals when you stop - similar to if you were taking antidepressants. And people don't think that they are addicted to them.

I wish so much that people would think what they are saying because this line of talk could stop someone from choosing to go on a suboxone programme which could save their life - especially if they OD a lot, share dirty needs, use otc opiates containing paracetamol or ibropufen. As well as other facters like reducing crime, saving money n improving someone's quality of life.

Yes withdrawals from suboxone may suck but when the time comes I'd rather go through them than be dead or on a kidney dialisis machine or waiting for a liver tranplant at death's door.

Please try to think that posts we make are read not only by BL members but many worldwide lurkers, those people may be thinking of going onto suboxone, read something like "suboxone is another form of addiction," decide not to bother a few days later they're found dead from an OD.

Evey xxx

But suboxone IS just another opiate...one that's a bitch to withdrawal from. That's just a fact and no one should be told to hide the truth.
I personally think that people should know the facts about sub before getting on ANOTHER opiate to try and cure their opiate addiction. It's no miracle drug...
Googling "suboxone" and reading the Wiki page says it all....a unbiased account of suboxone.

I think what some people fail to realize is the thing about opiates is its one of those drugs that after a while instead of doing them to get high your body is at a point where you do them not to be sick and so you become trapped. Especially with pills, because if it were that easy for me to wake in the morning and say I'm tired of spending money I would have stopped a long time ago.

It's to the point now where I can't handle the WD and do my days activities. If someone would have given me that info that the WD would be HELL, I probably never would of started taking pills.

That's the reason most of us are on suboxone, to cope with WD. But not clearly understanding that the WD from that would be bad to, if not worse.

So yeah we become addicted and then dependent, because I know I don't have the luxury of just stopping my life until the WD is over.

But like I've said before you tapper down until you get to the lowest dose an then cope with a lighter version, the some what manageable WD. But that's the part where you have to be focused and strong enough to see it through.

It gets better in the end and it is possible.