• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

I hear you but are you dependent on your suboxone or addicted? They're not the same thing. I think it's the individual's responsibility to research whatever med before taking it. Yes doctors have some responsibility but surely if you are going to start a medication you research what you will put in your body before doing so? Doctors donot have time to go through all details with patients and if, as a lot of people in the US have said via forums they think the doctors want the money - then surely there is more reason to research it?

Before I went onto suboxone I did quite a lot of research as well as talking to others on via forums. I made my mind up by weighing the benefits with limitations - it was a few months before I decided that suboxone was what I wanted - not something I decided lightly. I did this because I wanted to work through why I got addicted to apiates in the first place with having to deal with cravings. Yes I'll have withdrawals from suboxone but I don't have the same relationship with suboxone that I had with opiates so won't have that psychology issue if that makes sense (i don't mean wont have psych wd).

My point is we can't sit here n act like victims blsaming doctors n whoever else. That's the addict in us talking. I have to stand up n take responsibility for our actions n for our choices, face the consqences that we, ourselves created n come through the other side stronger n wiser people for it.

Evey x

Basically hunny, that's all I saying is take responsibility for the mess we have created and be responsible to make the change and be focused and strong enough to see it through.

Every person is different in every way, why they use, how they got started and why they choose the method of recovery they do. However even though suboxone is to aid in recovery not everyone taking it is using it for that purpose.

I always research any and everything that goes into my body, I would like to think that whoever is viewing this post and other posts is reading them because they need more helpful information whether it be for a positive use or negative use. They just want to be able to make the best decision for there situation.

Does PAWS really exist or is it a mind thing? Do people think they have PAWS because they have read about it so thus they think they are suffering when really they may just be having a bad days/ couple of days? How many people who have not read about PAWS had PAWS n how many people have read about PAWS not had PAWS.

Evey :) x

^^^

Yes PAWS really exists... Look it up. You can't not go through it just because you haven't heard of it.. it's a scientific and medical condition that everyone who is psychically dependent will go through following the acute withdrawal phase. What varies is the intensity of PAWS and how long it lasts, and that is based on what drug one is detoxing from.

I have looked it up. I'm talking in terms of evidence n placebo affects. People can suffer anything if they are told it will happen n they believe it. I was asking how many suffered PAWS without reading it, because that would be evidence for PAWS existing n it not being something in the mind. It's like the severity of withdrawal. Some people are told that they will go hrough extreme hell n so they end up going through extremely. I can't believe that something exists because I read on a forum that it exists. I need evidence, facts n figures.

Evey x

I have looked it up. I'm talking in terms of evidence n placebo affects. People can suffer anything if they are told it will happen n they believe it. I was asking how many suffered PAWS without reading it, because that would be evidence for PAWS existing n it not being something in the mind. It's like the severity of withdrawal. Some people are told that they will go hrough extreme hell n so they end up going through extremely. I can't believe that something exists because I read on a forum that it exists. I need evidence, facts n figures.

Evey x

Its not something just talked about on forums... it is an actual medical condition.. I don't see what the debate is.. That's like debating whether diabetes exists.. It's a real thing. Period.

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome

Bluelight PAWS Megathread (shout out to Zneg. Miss ya' around here bro.)

Last edited:
PAWS is the worst part of the cycle IMO. I can take all the physical stuff but the lingering depression always gets to me. Below is an excellent quote from Cane2theleft explaning the role PAWS play in the cycle:

On Bluelight, I see addicts making the same mistake over and over again- thinking THIS TIME they will be able to do it on their own, trying to quit and putting no plan in place to maintain their sobriety, only focusing on getting past withdrawals, getting smacked in the face with PAWS and then going back. Again and Again.

To put it simply, you have to figure out WHY you were using and address that whether through formal treatment, 12-step groups, your support system (which most addicts have destroyed) or another means. Once you physically get away from the drugs, unless you address the root cause of why you were using, that nagging need to medicate yourself will remain.

If you'd like to speak privately at more length about specific options and ways to address your situation, please feel free to private message me. I've worked individually with dozens of people in similar situations through this site and have formal education and training in this field.

BTW What ever happened to Zneg? I didnt know him personally but we joined BL around the some time and went through alot of similar situations, he was a great mod and an even better artist.

Ziggy stardust aka Mr. Bowie, my Dr. used a different method; he's currently conducting research on this method. Today I started Naltrexone 25 mg. No symptoms. I feel what was key in my rapid detox was the drinking Naltrexone water. If you see my initial post, that was my method. I understand I will feel lethargic for awhile since I was on Suboxone for 2+ years but if I am able to take Naltrexone without going into full blown withdrawals, I'm in the clear. It has been 198 hours. My jumping point was 2mg. I understand your concern however I feel ok. No chills, loose bowels, vomiting, or anything else.

Best,
x

Does PAWS really exist or is it a mind thing? Do people think they have PAWS because they have read about it so thus they think they are suffering when really they may just be having a bad days/ couple of days? How many people who have not read about PAWS had PAWS n how many people have read about PAWS not had PAWS.

Evey :) x

That is like asking "does anxiety really exist or is it just a mental thing?" It exists because it is a mental thing.

I would say that most people experienced PAWS before ever having read about it, and they may have only come to only realize what it was after researching why they still felt 'off' for a while after they have gotten through the acute withdrawals. I experienced PAWS long before I had ever read about it, and only came to realize that's what I had gone through years after having gone through it.

Evey x

The abundance of information about drugs and withdrawals has only really become more widely discussed in online forums in recent years, yet PAWS has been discussed in the medical community and in rehabs for way longer than that.

If your mind has been altered by a drug for a prolonged period of time, then more often than not it's going to take a prolonged period of time to get used to functioning without that drug in their system, and that is what PAWS is caused by.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input, Tommy n
Mr.Scagnattie. I have reas some stuff on but will read further. Tommy what you said makes sense re brain chemistry

Ziggy stardust aka Mr. Bowie, my Dr. used a different method; he's currently conducting research on this method. Today I started Naltrexone 25 mg. No symptoms. I feel what was key in my rapid detox was the drinking Naltrexone water. If you see my initial post, that was my method. I understand I will feel lethargic for awhile since I was on Suboxone for 2+ years but if I am able to take Naltrexone without going into full blown withdrawals, I'm in the clear. It has been 198 hours. My jumping point was 2mg. I understand your concern however I feel ok. No chills, loose bowels, vomiting, or anything else.

Best,
x

That is truly amazing that your not having chills...it took months off sub for my temp to regulate. I never get loose bowels or vomiting in sub WD...just the temp thing, depression, anxiety and weird prickly skin.
I'm really interested in your progress. I considered using low dose naltrexone after being off sub a month or two...just to deal with the lingering mental stuff.
Best to you Snow...

Update: I am now on Naltrexone 50mg however I am scared of a relapse. I have been on Naltrexone before and I would just not take it and get high. I know I've been clean since 08/07/2011 (864 days). Has anyone had experience with Vivitrol? This may have been the wrong place to post (sorry Mod).
x

I am so happy and life off subs and dope isn't much different then life on them. But I can walk around proud of myself, feel bad for my junkie friends who get sick, and be a success story and talk of the days I took the pain because I wasn't havin (sic) it anymore. We can all do this just remember it gets easier and someday it will be a memory and a secrate (sic) badge of honor.

Could not have said it better myself.

x

Thought I could add some hope to this thread with my brief success story. I'm 9.5 months off Sub (went cold turkey off 8mg last March) and haven't ingested a single opiate since.

It actually kind of sucks being back on Bluelight (no offense) since it brings back some of that misery and fear I used to feel when I obsessively checked the forums while going through PAWS. I was only on subs for about 6 months and still experienced about a month of physical symptoms (peaking around weeks 1-3) with a brief period of feeling great during that time from the "pink cloud" effect of feeling proud of yourself and enjoying having your feelings and emotions back.

PAWS was the real bitch though because you never know when it will let up and the symptoms can be tough to pin down. I thought I was losing my mind around June/July. Things improved a lot starting in about September. The 6 month PAWS estimate was pretty accurate in my situation. It is very do-able though so don't be discouraged by it, just accept it is part of your necessary recovery and use the tools you have like Bluelight, vitamins/supplements, your support system, counseling, exercise and meditation to drastically reduce the symptoms. I could have done better with exercise looking back, and I've gained 30lbs since March..working on that now but I wear the weight as a badge of courage for getting through this thing and I know it's only temporary. Music helped me a ton too, as well as listening to consciousness building/meditation tapes before bed (will provide link if anyone is curious).

I used clonodine and weed for weeks 1-2 off sub and trazodone for sleep for months 2-6. Getting off the traz proved to be no issue and I don't regret using that, however melatonin may be a fine substitute. The serotonin effects from traz probably helped a bit extra though.

Let me know if you want to know any details or have any questions, hope someone can benefit from my experience! It is totally doable and the way I feel now made it so worth it, I'm finally myself again and I'm excelling at my job and re-learning how to form healthy relationships with people around me.

im thinkin of getting back on subs so I can quit amphetamines. yeah cross-addiction, I know, but when I have sub I have energy and my depression clears up. Sub-osing (pun intended) that bupe is used for depression in resistant ppl and as such would be ok?

im thinkin of getting back on subs so I can quit amphetamines. yeah cross-addiction, I know, but when I have sub I have energy and my depression clears up. Sub-osing (pun intended) that bupe is used for depression in resistant ppl and as such would be ok?

Why would you choose to start taking a medicine that you will develop a psychical dependency to, to get off something that you don't get psychically addicted to? That seems like a really bad idea to me, man.

dude its just i'v been on amphetamine since I was 11 - I AM one of the few who is physically dependent. even two months after my last dose, I can hardly get outta bed. Sub withdrawals are a cinch anyways