• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe bupe taper

unsettled thank u! my wifes demanding but shes right i cant stay on sub for ever :D and yes i mixed tramadol with sub also other way any way u want to say it its fine ill keep u all posted thank u for all u who responded with support thank u peace and love,,,,,,,,,,euph

down real low right now guys and anxiety might kill me i dunno its hard to sleep at night

down real low right now guys and anxiety might kill me i dunno its hard to sleep at night

You should really seek some outside support. Doing this alone will make your head go crazy and it will talk you into using again eventually. I know this from experience.

OK everybody im on about 1.5 mg a day now i been past 2 mgs for some time now that was rough but now im crusin away i found some more xanax so they help ive been stressed out so much so friday i bought some xanax it helped alot im using em for rec for 2 days sat and sun than hiding em for the rough weeks to come but i think its relatively easy well minor discomfort but nothing like anything ive been thru before soooo cheeerssss we almost off yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa maybe ill enjoy a bar visit again suboxone made me hate alcohol and the whole scene but o well maybe its for the best after all

kd tramadol dosent get blocked by suboxone its a a-typical opioid my dr prescribed them alotto me with suboxone

It certainly blocked the effects when I took Tramadol with the Suboxone. Suboxone completely blocks the mu receptors so the only way Tramadol could work would be through its SNRI properties.

update, right now i am jus withdrawing taking a piece every 3 days or so on but its possible i have some vicodin so ill be alright but if any of u try this make sure u are strong and want this i considered myself mentally strong and i woke u a week strait crying now im a benzo addict so please be careful peace yaaaaaaaa

Good luck euphoricc, I hope the worst is over for you soon..

We don't usually have long discussion threads with updates from the OP in here as it's usually more of a quick q&a forum, and I kind of feel like it would be better suited in OD or even TDS to talk about the difficulties of tapering, but as it's been in here for a while and you have found it helpful I won't close it. Someone stricter might though ;)

Take care of yourself, if things get bad please get some outside support and take a look at The Dark Side forum as there are lots of lovely folk there who will understand how you are feeling and be able to help <3

First post
Thank you :D efiie i did find it helpful very helpful im sure a few others did as well but ya things are lookin up.My so called friends always want to jus amazingly give me them for free now i kinda had a lil relapse (well did) but o well now im on the vicodin what to me is child stuff from dentist. but i couldd see how some one could relapse very easy cause after the sub u crave i mean i craved it so much so guys/gals if u take the sub route.....jus use it short term not 4 years like me i still have no energy not even when i sniff blo or do adderall still drained but im gettin better yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss have faith (my daughters name ) and drug related songs u can do it we allll can to be strong god bless ................any one can pm me with there tips about paws would be great =D

Second post
i was still sick this morning the benzos my dr put me on klonopin so i was takin them to withdrawl. SO now im tapering a benzo addiction down so all you out there trying i know its hard but the benzos did help i would use them for a week my dr loads me up on klonopin wants to raise dose every month 1mg ta 2 mg to 3mg and 15 .5 mg xanax for break thru anxiety.I relized fk i really screwed my self bad this time get off suboxone now this right after and not to mention i still feel the sub withdrawl (mental symptoms) not physical like ill get real sad for no reason hell even cry my friend gave me 2 8mg subs i snorted a lil chunk real lil chunk i figured 1 time wont hurt and i felt normal! i thought this would of been over if i was this far in man woooooo that sub is no joke at all physical withdrawl are just rls and loss of energy but mental anxiety panic and depression it sucks man really does .........................................................in this case i say tread lightly this last withdrawl and then probally benzo wd will most likely be my last time using anything other than weed cause i honestly am in living hell i have benzos but im like drunk all day on them i wobble swerve in car this is reddick but im doing ok im mentally strong cause i know 1 day ill be all over this mess of shit. my daughter deserves more but i have a good job i cant loose cause this shit either but peaceeeeeeeeeeeeee just wanted to share my thoughts im sure it will help others on the time line of wd and benzos (no no) & bupe 8(

Third post
i relapsed with 2 mg suboxone and 6 mg klonopin i needed a stress reliever its jus a 1 time thing i feel great now :) but after this its sober time so imma keep this updated i should b done being medicated soon so keep updated ! peace i jus feel like i did heroin its awesome i needed this 1 last time

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you sounding so positive! Hope your relapse is just a one off - many people relapse before they make it. Just got to keep trying once you come down from the buprenorphine and clonazepam really.. best of luck to you!

Have merged your last 3 posts - try not to double/triple post if you can, better to add to your last post. I understand you want to keep us updated and it's really good for you to get some support but as I said this isn't really suited to BDD, we aim to be a quick q&a forum.

I'm torn between OD and TDS but as this is more about the mechanics of tapering not the emotional side I'm going to shoot this over to OD. I'm not entirely sure what they will do with it, and please don't take it personally at all - I have enjoyed following your progress and I wish you all the best in your recovery!

Might help you to make a blog entry about your progress too...

BDD > OD

First post
Thank you :D efiie i did find it helpful very helpful im sure a few others did as well but ya things are lookin up.My so called friends always want to jus amazingly give me them for free now i kinda had a lil relapse (well did) but o well now im on the vicodin what to me is child stuff from dentist. but i couldd see how some one could relapse very easy cause after the sub u crave i mean i craved it so much so guys/gals if u take the sub route.....jus use it short term not 4 years like me i still have no energy not even when i sniff blo or do adderall still drained but im gettin better yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss have faith (my daughters name ) and drug related songs u can do it we allll can to be strong god bless ................any one can pm me with there tips about paws would be great =D

Second post
i was still sick this morning the benzos my dr put me on klonopin so i was takin them to withdrawl. SO now im tapering a benzo addiction down so all you out there trying i know its hard but the benzos did help i would use them for a week my dr loads me up on klonopin wants to raise dose every month 1mg ta 2 mg to 3mg and 15 .5 mg xanax for break thru anxiety.I relized fk i really screwed my self bad this time get off suboxone now this right after and not to mention i still feel the sub withdrawl (mental symptoms) not physical like ill get real sad for no reason hell even cry my friend gave me 2 8mg subs i snorted a lil chunk real lil chunk i figured 1 time wont hurt and i felt normal! i thought this would of been over if i was this far in man woooooo that sub is no joke at all physical withdrawl are just rls and loss of energy but mental anxiety panic and depression it sucks man really does .........................................................in this case i say tread lightly this last withdrawl and then probally benzo wd will most likely be my last time using anything other than weed cause i honestly am in living hell i have benzos but im like drunk all day on them i wobble swerve in car this is reddick but im doing ok im mentally strong cause i know 1 day ill be all over this mess of shit. my daughter deserves more but i have a good job i cant loose cause this shit either but peaceeeeeeeeeeeeee just wanted to share my thoughts im sure it will help others on the time line of wd and benzos (no no) & bupe 8(

Third post
i relapsed with 2 mg suboxone and 6 mg klonopin i needed a stress reliever its jus a 1 time thing i feel great now :) but after this its sober time so imma keep this updated i should b done being medicated soon so keep updated ! peace i jus feel like i did heroin its awesome i needed this 1 last time

Just one thing about bupe. You definitely stopped too abruptly and its obvious to me at least thats why you are relapsing. Like right now you took 2mg of sub and klonopin but once that sub wears off fully, it can take another 4-7 days before the wd syndrome picks up where it left off. So thats like 1 day of feeling good, and 3-4 days of feeling shitty on top of what you already had left had you no taken the sub.

I'm not trying to patronize you in the least for relapsing. Everyone does it myself included. However, the MORE you do it, the more a chance you will wind up just switching your habit for another opiate. If you MUST relapse, take .25mg of sub and no more. And don't wait a week before you decide to relapse again plan that shit ahead of time. Cause if you struggle to make it a week and succeed, you'll be more likely to relapse with a higher amount of sub then just taking a little bit more often.
I know how hard it is though and some people just can't do certain things. But seriously if you can get your hands on more sub, I'd take like .25mg and no more (ok maybe .5mg if you're really hurting) and then wait 2-3 days and take it again. You NEED to let your brain stablize and jumping off high doses just to take high doses when you relapse is going to leave you feeling much worse.
Be honest with yourself, if its too hard its too hard. Then like I said focus on small amounts more frequent and slowly try to ween away from the habit. But like you're seeing now relapsing on 2mg amounts is going to create such a rebound 4-5 days down the road that you're just going to be tempted over and over to keep relapsing. FOCUS on the dose. The lower and lower the dose that you can relapse on the better you will be once you finally can't get no more sub. That 2mg strip could have gotten you through like 7-10 days prob not feeling all that bad. But now in half that time you're out of sub, and feeling much much more shitty. Don't let this addiction bring you to your knees, you can do it!!!

if you taper down to .25mg of sub every other day or every 3rd day.. quitting is much more managable .. fyi

bojangles thanks man i kno i messed up but my rls is unbelievable im still fine after my last dose i have got 1 sub and immediately cut it up into .5 mg strips and just take as needed since my wd symptoms seem to all be at night? what sucks try sleepin while legs jus wanna move and move.BUT thank u and trust me i will make it i been at that taper of .25 mg but i have strips so hard to use that at small doses the pills would help alot i could snoot a bump but imma make it guys jus for all u gettin on do not stay on for 3 years i feel like i might actually need this forever but im tryin ..........im tryinn.................its been 1 hell of a ride i was recently laid off my gf said u findin a new job i said no im gonna wd get it all over well most than imma exercise i have no reason or wanting to stay on any meds for ever im ready to be me again i had to cut friends off cause all they do is dope methadone and bupe so i gotta stay away my daughters 11 months so shes my best friend until i feel safe and mentally strong enough to say no what should be easy since ive been thru the ringer but hey thank you guys so much u alll mostly understand my girl dosent she think im just weak! what is bs but thank u alllll if any of u can pm me tips or anything my nose is running that means sickness is on the way but hey i gotta run

Last edited:
i am..................... i am , i build hondas so alotta my time goes into work my daughter and my accord,work i get a vacation to so now i gotta keep extra busy on my car :D so i think i got this thanks everyone who has helped me....................1 day soon imma yelll im drug free i think alotta people who are in bupe taper will read this and see my experience

Last edited:
I tried to taper off Subutex about 3 1/2 yrs ago and I got down to 1mg.....I thought that was really low since my doc had me on 32mg per day when I started out. I went through HELL when I stepped off at 1mg!!! You need to get down to at least .25mg, IMHO. Tramadol actually helped me out a lot! Just do not mix it with certain anti-depressants. It seems like you have to get down to very, very small amounts of bupe before you can just hop off.

euphoric, first off I wanna say awesome job so far. Stopping suboxone is a bitch especially when you have been on it for that long. It seems to me though that you need some outside support. Coming here and posting your progress is nice, but you seem to be still stuck in the cycle of addiction. I'm not trying to say that you are bad or wrong for relapsing, I have relapsed more times than I can even count, but I can here it in your words. How many times have you said this is really the last time and then gone back? I know its hard, but its even harder when you don't keep yourself busy. What works best for me is going to meetings and getting support. If you cant find NA just go to AA there are meetings EVERYWHERE. There is no way for us to do this on our own. We all want to at first, but how many times do you have to go through terrible withdrawal and start to come out the other end just to relapse. I know what its like cuz ive done it too, but trying to minimize things by saying its only vicodin is what could get you back into trouble.

I think you should be proud of yourself for getting this far, but you need to start calling yourself out on your own bullshit. Like doing coke for energy and taking insane amounts of benzos.

Keep up the good work though your making progress. Progress not perfection man youll get there.

we all know the truth here guys. no matter how low of a taper dose ur on, your gonna experience WD, whether its very mild, or post acute WD....in my opinion once u get down to 1mg, take it every other day and stop...going to .5, and lower is just creating more anxiety and worry upon yourselves...most docs stop ya at 2mg and yeah it sucks..but we gotta man up and just stop at 1mg..