• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe bupe taper

euphoricc

Bluelighter
ok guys/gals ive been on suboxone for 3 years my wife finally said enough is enough.She cancelled my doc appts my d/a/shrink everything.I REALLY LIKE THE IDEA tho i want off of this suboxone so bad i feel like im in chemical prison.AAAAAHHHH! ok well i had 13 strips left she made a taper schedule ill post a pic of it later and its good im on daily 4 mg .it starts at 8 i told her i wanna get a lil glow atleast once she agreed so its friday i took 8 mg than the taper begins. The taper schedule she created last about 62 days i think so this time i think ill make it cause she has total control now (shes not a addict*she married one)i cant just grab a strip and disssolve time.so my felllow BLUELightERSSSSSS imma need support within my drop of dosage thank u alll!!!!!!!

Hi euphoricc. The mechanics of a taper could be the belong in Basic Drug Discussion or Other Drugs. If it is more about emotional support it could go in The Dark Side.

I'm going to move this to Basic Drug Discussion but if I chose wrong a mod can move it again.

If you aren't sure where a thread should go you can post it in Homeless Threads and someone will help you find a place for it.

Support------------------------------------------->BDD

thank you budyy its day 1 starting its easy now but i bet things will change . btw thanks ill prob be pmmmin u for groups in my area

Last edited:
I tapered off Suboxone after being on it for a couple years. I was prescribed 8mg a day and dropped down to 4mg the first month then 2mg the next month and then 1mg the next month and then a month later off of it. It was a VERY slow taper but that was what I needed. Going down to 4mg was easy, down to 2mg was easy, down to 1mg was easy.

It started to get a little difficult once I was down to 1mg. I wasn't going through horrible withdrawals or anything, most were mild and psychological. Mild physical w/d's. But when I completely got off it was when significant withdrawals kicked in. But they were limited to insomnia, anxiety, muscle pains, sweating. I went about 6 days off it but then I went back on it. Withdrawals were starting to go away, physical withdrawals were quite mild but psychological a little tougher. I just didn't feel like it was the right time, things were going on. I heard the withdrawals last up to about 7-10 days but they aren't real hard if you taper. Hope this helps.

kd thanks bro i been thru the wilth draws once before but i broke down and went bak on bupe but this tim im ready man i have xanax bars to help with anxiety immodium so i dont poop myself so i think ill b alright its over a month taper so should be easy who knows thank ya tho!!!!:D

your getting off suboxone by taking another highly addicted substance(alprazolam) sounds a tad risky but if you keep the doesage of xanax a small as you possibly can to fix your anxious feelings than it should be alright but if it were me i'd just try to find some herb to get through those anxiety attacks. either or good luck to you seems like with the stern support of your wife youll get through it

As said, just keep your Alprazolam dosage to the minimum. Only as needed and lowest possible doses.

ya i been taking them for my anxiety i have 10 left so im gonna use them for when after subs taper is done in case i get a lill sick ill pop a zannie bar

That's a good idea, they are good for the anxiety, insomnia and muscle pains. The muscle pains were the most bothersome for me.

Definitely get some Immodium!! That really helps a lot more than advertised IMO. It just gets rid of that empty pit in your tummy that is from lack of opiates.
I am going to jump very shortly myself from Subs.....I have about 2 weeks on .5 mg a day left....Although I am frightened of course, I am also excited.....Excited to have the sub fog lift....Think positive, and excercise! IMO cannabis causes anxiety. For me, mary jane only works when I am opiate free. When I am not, it just makes me paranoid.
But we are all different. For me, a couple of Xanax, CLONDINE pills (to help with the chills, ask your doc about them) Immodium, and Motrin should do the trick...and the most important thing, EXERCISE to help get oxygen to the brain so it will heal quicker. Sending you healing thoughts!

That is still a bit of a fast taper for my taste. If you are used to 8mg then 60 days is pretty quick...

But if your wife is in control and you can't get around it then it has a better chance of working.

Like others have said, be careful not to end up hooked on the benzo....the WD from that is even worse from all I have heard.

Good luck bro

I'd try immodium and tramadol.

I wouldn't try what I recently did but I'll tell you the story.

I was taking over 8mgs of sub a day, I started trying to get high off them every night, so I went back to smoking H for a few weeks. When I got back on the subs I only needed over 8mgs a day for the first few days, after that tapering was easy and I can get by on 2mgs a day now.

I don't advise this though, it's just something I kinda did without thinking about it too much, basically I ran out of subs early and got back on H for a few weeks and it made it much easier to drop the dosage when I got back on the subs.

Good Luck, I want off of these things too but I'm not ready to completely quit yet.

Tramadol doesn't work for Suboxone taper because the buprenorphine blocks the Tramadol.

kd tramadol dosent get blocked by suboxone its a a-typical opioid my dr prescribed them alotto me with suboxone

Last edited:
thank u all again :) im glad im not alone its all smooth right now but im sure once it gets down low it will get hard im staying strong guys i swear to u i will not take another one i dont care if i am sick for 6 months it has to end END NOW! SOO THANK U ALL

I just went through a mild taper recently. I was only on Suboxone for a couple months as a stop-gap measure for my dope habit, but this meant that my taper was very quick, essentially going from 8mg every day to .5mg at the end, beginning to end of taper only about two weeks.

Compared to my history and regimen, you are certainly a separate and perhaps more challenging case, but even so I totally feel you and wish you the best of luck. The taper down was painless really until it got down to .5mg, when I could begin to feel very mild WDs. For me, the worst part was as soon as I went cold turkey; the WDs weren't as acute as those from H, but the intensely psychological nature of them seemed to drag on longer than I had ever experienced w/dope.

The anxiety and insomnia was what got to me the most. Benzos can be helpful, but I would agree with the others about being careful. For me, I just smoked a lot of pot, which was really helpful, as was the use of melatonin, Kava, and breathing exercises to help me get to sleep and stay asleep.

Perhaps the greatest challenge will be the PAWS, which continues to be an issue for myself. Learning how to live my life separate from the positive boost that Suboxone gave me has been difficult, but not impossible.

Hey, GL buddy!

yes thanks alot buddy it can be achieved like i said once before i will lay here sick as hell before i resort back to that sub wish i neva woulda in the first place.But i did and i gotta take the consequence

well guys im steady on my taper i must admit its not hard yet i feel more anxious and my anxiety is getting crazy i belive suboxone has antidepressant and anti anxiety effects.So the hard part is going to be mental i believe im mentally strong though so welll seee.....=D

This may be completely placebo and ill advised but if you can manage to dose once every 24 hours or once every 48 hours, take some loperamide a few hours afer your dose. That's what I've been doing, it's probably just placebo but it helps me to dose less often and feel better and have less cravings at low doses.

I think Tramadol + Immodium really help once you are off the sub, just makes the transition a little easier as long as you don't stay on them. I've taken Tramadol with Sub many times as well and never had any problems with it, we're all different though. Do what works for you and congrats for sticking to your taper!