• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

British children to be vaccinated against drugs [Updated 5/11/07]

Vaccines for Coke and Weed are Coming to a Child's Arm Near You!

a little update on this (last post in here was three years ago :))
------------------------------------
http://blog.drugpolicy.org - Drug Policy Alliance
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Vaccines for Coke and Weed are Coming to a Child's Arm Near You!
:X

These days there's been a lot of fuss in the news over the HPV cervical cancer vaccine. Parents all over the country are anguishing over whether or not they should oppose efforts to make the HPV vaccination mandatory for girls.

But I'll tell you something right now. The squabbling over HPV ain't going to be nothing but a drop of piss in a bucket compared to the shit storm that is looking to be on its way.

NIDA is working on developing vaccinations for cocaine, nicotine and methamphetamine. Yes, you heard me right. VACCINATIONS. The kind of prick in the arm (or ass) that will instantaneously rob a "vaccinated" person of their cognitive liberty, and inherently violate that person's own sense of privacy, liberty and their inherent worth and dignity as a human being. Okay, so the person may not be aware of all of these reasons to refuse the "vaccination(s)" because they could still be wearing diapers.

Not only will the sting that a 2-year old feels when they are vaccinated against nicotine mark the moment when that child is forever denied the free will to choose whether they want to experience both the pleasures and consequences of smoking. This moment will epitomize a new chapter to the government's insatiable quest for a "drug-free America."

Imagine it. Your child must get vaccinated against drugs before they can enter school. It's tragically ridiculous to think about. It's sort of like the health department telling a parent they must get their kid vaccinated against sugar or salt - the concept is the same.

After all, drugs are objects - inanimate substances, pills, powders. They don't move. They don't choose to be in a human body. And they don't choose to cause harmful effects. They just sit there. Viruses and bacteria, on the other hand, are alive. They move. They invade a host, multiply and divide, incubate and attack when the moment is right.

Why would the government stoop so low as to waste limited resources on developing vaccines to ward off inanimate objects that don't cause any harm unless someone decides to ingest that object? HELLO?! What about AIDS? What about EBOLA? What about BIRD FLU?

It's clear that extremists will go to any length to stop what cannot be stopped - the decision by human beings to ingest drugs. Bureaucrats and control freaks will stop at nothing to advance their hypocritical anti-drug agenda. Even if that means robbing entire future generations of the basic human right to have freedom of choice and sovereignty over their bodies and minds - this is really scary stuff.

The development of these vaccines is actually old news, and the government contends that their purpose is to help people enrolled in drug treatment who desire a means of preventing relapse. Yet, a report by the Center for Cognitive Liberty and Ethics on the emergence of these vaccinations warns that "the tremendously politicized nature of the 'drug war' raises substantial concerns that in addition to those who choose to use such medications, some people will be compelled to use them." And the race to vaccinate against disfavored drugs might not stop with meth, coke and nicotine; the weed may have its own vaccine one day, as NIDA is handing out money for "medications that can be used to treat individuals who have become dependent upon marijuana."

MAY 10th UPDATE: David Borden, Executive Director of DRCNet has written an excellent post in their Speakeasy blog about the medical dangers of mass vaccinations.

Posted by Grant Smith @ 4:42 PM | PermaLink | Comments ( 8 ) | Trackback ( 0 )

http://blog.drugpolicy.org/2007/05/mandatory-vaccines-for-coke-meth-and.html

Scientists hope that the virus will help stop the cravings experienced by cocaine users for the drug by blocking the pleasure they normally associate with cocaine.
Correct me if I am wrong here, but this isn't going to stop cravings for someone who is already an addict and is trying to quit. It would stop the euphoria from it if they were to relapse... I get that but make the cravings go away? I really don't think so. This seems to be more a preventive measure for those who haven't tried it or are not addicted.

dr seuss said:
4) even if they did get it to pass, it couldn't possibly be compulsory. and there are enough parents in britain who would flat out refuse... there's a strong british sense of personal & individual freedoms - regardless of any state structure that enshrines them a la the USA - that would, imo, balk at such vaccinations.
Fuck... it's hard enough to convince them that the MMR vaccine is safe.

Hell look at infant circumcision in the US, if people don't see the human rights violation in cutting off healthy body parts on a baby because of cosmetic/cultural reasons what makes anyone think people would see the violation with these vaccines? They will be marketed as vaccines against the "disease" of drug addiction, how could you object to preventing disease?

Not only the moral issue. How the fuck do these vaccinations work? Would they target receptors the drugs bind to and destroy them? Well if they do that, your brains a hell of a lot more fucked than it would be if you ever took the drugs. Are they gonna instill your body with some enzyme that breaks it down in the bloodstream? Well I hope you sure as hell know what youre doing, or else that enzyme might just break down more than just the target drug.

Morally and pharmacologically, this is a fucking stupid idea.

Wouldn't that screw up the effects from using a pain killer in a hospital type situation?

Wouldn't that screw up the effects from using a pain killer in a hospital type situation?

That's quite possible.

Frankly, I'm very skeptical of the whole concept on a technical level. It's not impossible (at least in theory), but these 'drug vaccines' have been 'coming in a year or two' for about a decade. There are some very large hurdles to get it to really work (particularly in the long-term), and I've seen no evidence that they've solved those problems.

It isn't possible to create an alcohol antibody, for instance; the molecule is too small for antibodies to selectively attack. Likewise, I can't see a meth or MDMA antibody really working; those drugs are both small (hard to selectively latch an antibody onto) and structurally quite similar to important substances that are always present in our bodies. (That's why you just don't find people with true amphetamine allergies.)

Until I see an FDA-approved product, my money is on 'dishonest/incompetent researchers pumping the government(s) for grant money.'