• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

British children to be vaccinated against drugs [Updated 5/11/07]

The part about the "super virus" sounds frigtening.

This just goes to show Governments terrible attitude towards drugs. Their prime concern should be to try and cure people who are addicted to drugs, not try and prevent people from using them.

Any thoughts on this? I wonder to what extent this would block the drugs effects.

This is an outrage. Its a genuine attempt at mind control. Government is trying to turn everyone into robots that live exactly how they want them to. Its ridiculous that this idea has even gotten this far, and I dont think many parents will approve of it. Sad thing is people are being slowly brainwashed by propaganda to believe drugs are so bad that an idea like this could even seem acceptable in the first place. To me this is something out of a post apocolyptic horror novel. First they take away natural substances now they want to change our natural brain chemistry? No thanks assholes. There gonna be big protests agaisnt this one.

I could imagine a lot of parents obliging regardless.

I can just imagine it, "Well, I object to a one time Measles, Mumps and Rubella Jab. I'm up for anything to stop my kids doing DRUGS though".

So would the vaccine against heroin prevent opiates from working for pain-relief? Or does the magic vaccine just stop the euphoria?

Really, really scary... Feels like '1984' again, the end justifies the means. Inhibiting people from feeling euphoria? My god!

Really, really scary... Feels like '1984' again, the end justifies the means. Inhibiting people from feeling euphoria? My god!

Notice how it said nothing about a vaccine to prevent the fun of alcohol.

That would just be bad for business.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GFunk02 said:
If this is true, and a "vaccine" against these drugs work, I will bet there is a damn good chance it would prevent one from feeling natural pleasure from natural brain chemicals. Endorphins (similar action as heroin), dopamine (related to the actions of cocaine and nicotine).

That would suck to be emotionally numb and dull! fuck that!

The claim is that these injections cause the body to produce (something - can't remember) that will bind only to the target substance and keep it from passing the blood-brain barrier. Seeing as how the drugs guarded against aren't produced within the body (even morphine isn't quite the same as endomorphone), the injections aren't supposed to alter a person's mood/behavior in the least.

It's still a major infringement on human rights though.

I reckon people should get immunised against atheism, independant thinking, anti-patriotism, and islam. Then we'll be safe!

BTW, who here has played Alpha Centuri? Nerve Stapling all the way!!

plus no one can know the full spectrum of the side effects. Naltrexone, for example, is effective at stopping heroin use, but it definitely messes with the way you feel. I think it is ridiculous to spend this kind of money on "vaccinating" people don't know what they're getting into. Effecting the possibility of euphoria in someone for the rest of their life is a dangerous and unnecessary game.

pa.. said:
Notice how it said nothing about a vaccine to prevent the fun of alcohol.

That would just be bad for business.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A similar thought came into my head, however its interesting they include nicotine in this "vaccine". Im sure the tobacco industry will have alot to say about it!

Whoa. This is completely unbelievable! This isn't any mere stomping of human rights, this is walking over them in stilettos! Who are governments to decide what we can and can't do to ourselves? And before we have the ability to tell them no?

Magnus said:

Isnt that what the government tries to do already? Stop people feel euphoria. Its the only reason i can think of for them banning many drugs :\

this makes me fuckin sick

I dont even know why this upsets me considering i cant see it happening any time soon (if ever) but it still disgusts me that the leaders of a first world country (or any country for that matter) would even consider such a thing.

The claim is that these injections cause the body to produce (something - can't remember) that will bind only to the target substance and keep it from passing the blood-brain barrier
This is an accurate description of the way these "Vaccines" ideally work. They create ANTIBODIES which bind to and deactivate the molecule in question. Thus a heroin vaccine won't stop people from injesting Oxycodone.

Although, I don't think the technology has evolved enough that today they can induce the body to create antibodies. They HAVE however come up with the antibodies themselves, which when injected into a body will prevent any highs for days or weeks. Do a search on http://gb.espacenet.com for "cocaine antibody" to read more.

I wonder if these vaccines would have any effect on pharmaceutical anti-depressants or ADHD drugs. Warring pharmaceutical companies could really shake some things loose, politically and socially. Then let the tobacco and liquor companies in on it, not to mention the illegal-drug cartels, and it could be a pretty good rumble! People might even learn something.

that is so scary, really reminds me of 1984 as someone previosly said. Jesus crist that is scary. I mean for a recovering addict who has consented in order to break his addiction that is fine, but giveing it to children against their will, jesus christ how stupid can these guys be?

although this sounds terrible, bear in mind:

1) these are developmental drugs; there are no full clinical trial yet.

2) this is far, far, far FAR from being law. we're talking about one of the lines of investigation being pursued by one of the DTI's committees - not an idea that will be made law by the prime minister next week.

3) the Department of Trade and Industry would, in all seriousness, not really have any responsibility for endorsing, directing or enacting mass immunisation against drugs. such a decision making process would ultimately involve more departments, more people, and more ministers.

4) even if they did get it to pass, it couldn't possibly be compulsory. and there are enough parents in britain who would flat out refuse... there's a strong british sense of personal & individual freedoms - regardless of any state structure that enshrines them a la the USA - that would, imo, balk at such vaccinations.

^ Yeah, though that can't be used as an excuse. These people have already gone too far by carrying out their crazy ideas..

"Hey, let's put fucking experimental drugs inside our children to prevent them from getting high on illicit drugs.."
"Sounds cool.."
"Yeah, let's have a drink after!"

They're ignoring the fact that they're doing something wrong.. I mean, making every substance out of Shulgins books illegal is already insane, but when they themselves start making plans for substances that aren't even fully understood yet to prevent people from getting high on certain drugs, then don't you think they're pushing it..?

I mean, they're just doing things in their own advantage.. That's just not fair.