R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Boys: have you had same-sex thoughts? POLL CLOSED - results pg. 8

Guys: have you had same-sex thoughts?

• No, never. Or very rarely.

Votes: 120 23.2%
  • Yes, once or twice; but I don't think I'd ever act on it.

Votes: 127 24.6%
  • Yes I have... and I might experiment if the situation felt right.

Votes: 122 23.6%
  • Yes, definitely. And I've kissed/had a physical experience with another guy.

Votes: 71 13.7%
  • Yes, and I have had sex with another guy.

Votes: 77 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i had always considered my self a 100% hetro. I suppose I was even a homophobe to some extent. But I expect that was caused by peer presure during highschool years. I think I even threatened to bash some guy at a rave once for attemtpting to pick me up.
But as I grew older and got away from all the highschool politics bullshit I became more open minded about homosexuality. Earlier on this year I was at a club. I sat down on a couch gurning of my chops and a guy came over and started talking to me. After a short chat I established he was that way inclined. But it didnt stop me having a dance with him (nothing sexual or anything) I had to turn him down when he tried to kiss me cause there are some things I'm just not intrested in.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
What I find interesting is that nearly 30% of the 'straight' males who've replied here have had a physical experience with another guy, and a further 24% or so would do so if they had the right chance.

Really proves my theory..... which was, if I'd posted this as a non-anonymous thread, I'll bet 90% of those replies would be "oh no, no way, never!" ;)

Keep in mind through SLM that this is a drug-related board which would indicate that the average Bluelighter certainly is far more open to different experiences, be it a chemical or sexual, than the average guy.

But then I am sure these average guys are just closet homosexuals. Dont you agree Clonazaman ;)

But I am still quite surpised at the results also :)

Have had experience, but just kissing. Consider myself bisexual. I have had problems admitting this to myself until the last year or so, but have felt attractions to men and women since I was about fifteen. I finally believe that I am completely comfortable with this now. :)=D

There is nothing hotter than a boy who accepts his own bisexuality. Nothing. =D

I'm a 22-year old gay & out male. I came out only 2 years ago, but before I did, I flew the "bisexual flag" and even slept with a girl. So I guess if this survey was turned around, I would fall into the group of us that experimented with our sexuality, having slept with more than just my own preference.

The simple fact is that it is dangerous to admit same-sex attraction if you are male. Over the years, especially when I was younger, I have often been verbally abused, threatened and even punched by total strangers (men) because they identified me as gay. My actual sexual orientation wasn't even relevant! We anglo-Aussie men are often terrified of even showing simple physical affection to each other. Luckily I've reached the point with most of my close male friends that we can greet each other with a big hug and a kiss. I would say that I am the most bisexual of my male friends - the rest either identify as straight or gay. I generally identify as straight, simply because I feel like a bit of a fraud identifying strongly as bi or queer when the majority of my sexual relationships have been long term, monogamous and with women. But it does chaff a bit if someone actually comes out and says to me "you're not bi". Let me tell you, masturbation is much more pleasurable when you get off on what you see in the mirror!

i didn't think that girls thought male on male was a turn on. huh......i stand corrected.

Depends on the girl. I know among my group of friends, most say that homosexuality (either girl-on-girl or guy-on-guy) is a big turn off.

I personally find it a huge turn on =D

I wouldn't think of ever doing that. but i might think about it cause sometimes i cant avoid all unpleasent thoughts.

The general thought among men that i know and know of, is men that like other men that way are much less manly, and i agree whether that be wrong or right.

I don't have anything against gay people though, unless they advertise openly (in public not here).

Im not goin to consider myself gay .. nor staight.. i think of myself as " GENDER BLIND" think of it:D i mena it explains thing you cant explain...

I can look at a hot guy and think: "he is good looking" and possibly consider being gay - But then I look at a hot girl and know without a shadow of a doubt that I am straight (I would choose a female over a male).

Now, sadly the results of this "experiment" do not reflect the worlds population.. While I know many on these forums are mature, experienced and smart enough not to fabricate answers there are a few sad facts that exist:

As Shnouzerpuff said above: This is a drug-related board which would attract a biased crowd - For example you would see many more "ravers" admitting to homosexual thoughts than you would "drunk-stripey-shirted-rum&coke-drinking-bogans" (Sorry for putting people in groups but you get the idea :D )

And also, while as I said above, this forum more than most consist of mature and honest people - It *is* an online forum - where immature/false people might proclaim to be homosexual/have homosexual thoughts to get attention from the community at large.. to be classified as "brave" for speaking out - although they would not be speaking out but doing quite the opposite or to impress some online female profiles, because as it has been said "gay guys are hot!"

Sadly the majority of computer literate users are male - hence the male homosexuality thread has many more posts and even many more views than the female one does - The fact is that this is a drug-related forum which draws the majority(males, "ravers")- many unsure of their sexuality (who doesnt like rubbing up against the nearest person be that male/female/teddybear when off chops? I know I do)

Before I get any personal attacks saying I am homophobic let me get a few things straight: many of my friends are homosexual, my cat is homosexual and I also have a sneaking suspicion my goldfish is homosexual. I live in Brisbane, Australia and go clubbing every weekend and then some - regularly heading into The Beat (One of Brisbane's "gay clubs"). I've found gay people very fun to hang out with and chat to, and many of them are better people than many many straight people ever will be.

Thats the general gist of my thoughts on the subject of this poll.. Feel free to flame away but I am just giving my two cents and i'm sure i'm not the only one with these thoughts.

Last edited:
Wow my first post....

Australia is a tough country to live in if you're male and bisexual, not because it's illegal to have sex or anything but because of the social stigma associated to such an act.

I identify myself as bisexual, and it amazes me that more people haven't guessed or realised this fact..... or they have and they hide it. In the uhhhh 'bell curve' you identified earlier I'd put myself somewhere in the middle. It depends how I'm feeling at the time as to who I'm attracted to etc.

But, to admit something I've never admitted to anyone, I am shit scared of any repercussions were I to have sex with a guy. I've got the chance on a few occasions and turned it down because of that. I'm at the end of my high school career, and quite frankly, I am sick of being this Christian model, (I attend a Christian school) even though I am not Christian myself.

I'm hoping University is very socially different to High School, thats all I can say.

Mellow*D said:

Australia is a tough country to live in if you're male and bisexual, not because it's illegal to have sex or anything but because of the social stigma associated to such an act.

^^ So very true. We are so far from liberal in that respect it's not funny. You stand to lose so much by 'coming' out as bisexual in our matey, macho, beer-swilling, blokey society. More so than being gay even, because bisexuality is not understood and thus feared. (ie. the misconception that bi people are out to "crack on" to everyone :/ )

But you can't help who you are Mellow*D so don't let this fact box you in. As I've discovered recently, you might find out who your true friends are - but in the end, you'll gravitate towards a more open-minded, welcoming support network. And you'll feel more integrity within yourself than if you continued hiding the rest of your life.

evandar said:
"drunk-stripey-shirted-rum&coke-drinking-bogans" (Sorry for putting people in groups but you get the idea :D )

hhahaha - great description %)

-------------

i wouldn't say you are homophobic at all. sounds just about right on actually...

"So does this suppressed sexual curiousness lead to any psychological dilemmas within males? Does holding back effect the male psyche? If so, how? "

My theory:
Everyone is bi-sexual. People who that claim they are 'hetrosexual' are suppressing the natural human instinct.
Society has conditoned us to make us believe that same sex sex is awful and wrong. Even though Roman gladiators in ancient Rome often had boyfriends, and in Ancient Greece it was perfectably acceptable...Infact throughout history it's been acceptable (half the English Monarchs), upto a certain point where for some reason it suddenly became wrong........
So, if males suppress this natural desire, I think the effects on the psyche are what we are already seeing in society today: The macho, lager-lout culture and attitude. It is a psychological reaction to a phobia.
Phobia's are often manifestations of repressed sub-concious feelings. So, in my opinion, I think this 'macho' bullshit is a psychological reaction. The surppressed feeling has to come out some way, so it comes out in 'machoism'. Homophobia and even just labelling yourself 'hetrosexual' is a from of mental illness: A from of 'social-phobia' perhaps.

I dunno, that's just what I think!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.