R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Boys: have you had same-sex thoughts? POLL CLOSED - results pg. 8

Guys: have you had same-sex thoughts?

• No, never. Or very rarely.

Votes: 120 23.2%
  • Yes, once or twice; but I don't think I'd ever act on it.

Votes: 127 24.6%
  • Yes I have... and I might experiment if the situation felt right.

Votes: 122 23.6%
  • Yes, definitely. And I've kissed/had a physical experience with another guy.

Votes: 71 13.7%
  • Yes, and I have had sex with another guy.

Votes: 77 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you feel so strongly if we we talking about someone having feelings towards animals or children for example?

That is a valid point. It is very likely that people honestly have sexual feelings toward children and animals. I do, however, think that this a separate issue because you're talking about beings that haven't got a clear sense of reasoning, or for that matter, any sense of reasoning at all. For that reason alone, I think that it is very appropriate to suppress those feelings.

Another question pops up....are women more fortunate than men when it comes to being able to explore the boundaries of sexuality comfortably?

Obviously it's more acceptable in our society for 2 girls to make out in a club than it is for 2 guys to make out in a club.

So does this suppressed sexual curiousness lead to any psychological dilemmas within males? Does holding back effect the male psyche? If so, how? And how would the male psyche and attitude be NOW if this internal suppression hadn't existed?

Looking at the figures (at the time I make this post) 56.63% of the males who have answered this poll have wanted to experiement, have experimented, or have gone all the way. Now of course this poll cannot encompass the large scale of the entire male population...but so far the results have been very interesting.

definitely Dan!

I remember one time sitting with a guy giving each other massages in a chillout area... somehow we got on to the topic of sexuality and I found out he was gay.

I was damn horny and definitely interested in this guy and we were both having a nice time with him sitting right up against me and me massaging him. But as much as I would have wanted to do more, I was really conscious of my "super-straight"(tm) friends and that they were looking my way and at the time I thought perhaps they were wondering if they thought I was being a little to friendly. In hindsight they were all as fucked as I was so there was probably no such thoughts going on, but it played on my mind at the time.

Would have been happy to go somewhere private and explore with this person, but it was not meant to be.

I think I should explain why I was worried about what others would think. I am basically straight, but have always been curious/interested (sexually) in sex with a guy but rarely had the situation present itself where I was attracted to a guy enough, etc. Given that my curiosity and sexual desire is personal and private I was not interested in changing "who I was" in people's eyes. I have friends who would be totally at ease with this, but I know that many would see it differently. Not actually being interested in guys romantically I figure that I would rather keep things this way even if it means never exploring this part of me.

I have also had some bad experiences as a kid around this that definitely has caused me to "chicken out" despite really wanting to go further. Including one that is pretty funny/freaky where the story starts as me as a teenager and ends not that long ago. I think I should post this in another thread just to see if people have any similar fucked up stories! :)

Compare this with my girlfriend and my ex housemate. We were out one night and my housemate was in to kissing girls for fun and pleasure when off her tits... so she got my gf into this and it was enjoyed by all, including many onlookers. I can imagine that the vibe would have been different if it had been 2 guys deciding to do this.

Originally posted by anfalicious
I did an entire essay for english in yr 12 on how bisexuality is the only true sexuality, and that labelling yourself homosexual or heterosexual was only necessary if you have problems with who you are.

It basically argued that if you restrict yourself to one sex you may be denying yourself your perfect partner and therefore not being true to yourself.

I went to a catholic school. The response from my teacher was "This is one of the most fantastic things I've ever read, but if you get cross marked by some of the other teachers here, you'll fail."

While I never wrote a paper on the subject...I definitely discussed this topic at length with some of my friends during my senior year of high school as well. I still stand by it as well.

I answered yes I do have thoughts and would probably act on the situation if it was right.

I am in a long term relationship at the moment with my girl friend. I would define my self as straight.

I do not really find guys attractive but i can understand why a well defined body is appealing to women. I would never like to have and do not think I could have a relationship with another guy. But I would like to share an 'experience' with another guy and more so a Bi MMF 'experience' with my girl friend..... and I wouldn't say no to a Bi FFM 'experience' with my girl friend also!!!

=D

I don't think I could tell my girl friend this because I'm scared as to how she would react. I think it would end our relationship.

I should say for me this is more a fantasy than anything else. I dont expect the situation to ever arrise and I do not have the need to go out and look for the situation to make it happen. I'm happy the way things are.

Well I belive in don't knock it till you try it, for all things in life. So I'm not going to rule it out completely, and my girlfriend knows that I would give it a go. However I jsut can't be initmate with a male, I can't bring myself to kiss a guy, they are jsut too ugly and all pricky.

I, for one, have never thought that I would like to have sex with another male.
And it's not that I haven't honestly asked myself that question.
Putting all supposed homophobia aside, it's as simple as my feelings. I often feel a strong attraction towards women. For males, no matter how good-looking or how deep my intellectual and emotional connection with them, I just feel no physical attraction.
As much as I'd like to increase my chances of finding love (after all, as the song says- "everybody loves you when you're bi" :) ) I'm afraid it just doesn't work for me.

punch e punch said:
I, for one, have never thought that I would like to have sex with another male.
And it's not that I haven't honestly asked myself that question.
Putting all supposed homophobia aside, it's as simple as my feelings. I often feel a strong attraction towards women. For males, no matter how good-looking or how deep my intellectual and emotional connection with them, I just feel no physical attraction.
As much as I'd like to increase my chances of finding love (after all, as the song says- "everybody loves you when you're bi" :) ) I'm afraid it just doesn't work for me.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Guys just don't 'do it' for me, though I've been in all sorts of compromising poistions where it would have been so easy to do. I just don't feel any attraction to men and I certainly don't wanna fuck 'em. I just LOVE women I'm afraid...

elaine from seinfeld put it best:
"The female body is a work of art, the male body is utilitarian, like a jeep, its just for getting around"

I think the reason that straight guys are much more afraid than girls to admit or act on same-sex attraction is that most of society does not really believe in the bisexual guy. Straight and gay people of both genders often believe that bisexual men just continue to have relationships/sex with women in order to be more socially accepted. Thus, any same-sex experimentation by a straight guy may lessen the pool of women willing to have sexual relations with him, while at the same time lessening the pool of guys willing to be just buddies. This all goes back, of course to psychological findings showing that young women are perceived as most successful/desirable/accomplished etc. when their behavior is heathily balanced between masculine and feminine, whereas young men who are perceived that way generally have exaggerated masculine qualities and impoverished feminine qualities.

5-HT2 said:
Thus, any same-sex experimentation by a straight guy may lessen the pool of women willing to have sexual relations with him,

Hell no! 8o

I can't think of anything sexier than a straight guy who's willing to experiment with another guy. Oh wait, yes I can: a straight guy who's willing to experiment with another guy and let me watch . =D

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
I can't think of anything sexier than a straight guy who's willing to experiment with another guy. Oh wait, yes I can: a straight guy who's willing to experiment with another guy and let me watch . =D

well said. ;)

Be who you are. Don't limit yourself, guys. Labels are for suckers. :D

This is obviously not for everyone, but I reckon a lot of us ladies adore the thought of two good looking sexy males kissing... and perhaps more. I know I do. ;)

*blushes*

Id really like to see the results but can I without voting? I don't want to ruin the stats here but interested in boys on boys :)

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Hell no! 8o

Damn if only I had realised that this could be a turn on for girls out there... oh well another lifetime maybe :\

I have certainly had a few same-sex thoughts while rolling but have never really considered acting on them, and after I come down I can not get worked up about the idea at all.

I think it's interesting that none of the guys who've voted that they've had sex with other guys (and still define themselves as straight, as indicated by the guidelines) have posted who they are. :\

I wonder if the higher rate of bisexuality or bi-curious tendencies among women also has to do with the very nature of women, that women tend to be more physical with one another in general. Women will hold hands, give each other massages, hug, kiss, cuddle, etc. Guys can be funny when they hug, they almost look embarrassed sometimes! Although interestingly, it's not like this everywhere. Men in many other cultures walk down the street holding hands, kiss hello, hug warmly, etc. and they're totally straight.

One of my fantasies is to have a foursome where everyone fools around with everyone. And I mean everyone. Mmmmm....yummy!! =D

I think it's interesting that none of the guys who've voted that they've had sex with other guys (and still define themselves as straight, as indicated by the guidelines) have posted who they are.

What are you talking about? I'm right here!!! Well, I never went the whole distance, but I can say I went far enough. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.