• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Boyfriend super high on meth... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a blessing being a male in these situations I often feel. I've wound up in some bad situations with drugs that if I was a woman I would have certainly been on the wrong end of a bad hiding man. Sorry if my post was ill informed, I'm currently high as a kite on meth for the first time in around 6 months, so excuse me if that was off topic.

I would say in this situation call for help is best. Also it was stupid of me to assume the woman in question had benzos. Stupid post.

Phone crashed after my nice reply. Your response was not stupid, it was simply a different view. It was not her responsibility to try and handle her violent spun out boyfriend. This guy could of turned on her in an instant. She does not, and did not put up with his shit. She did right and gtfo.

Congrats on your first high in 6 months. Just don't become an asshole ?.

Btw, you can go back and re edit your entire post if you wish to change your thought on the matter.

he is being verbally aggressive to you and this is very disconcerting. This is a que for physical aggression. Throw all logical thinking out of the window he could murder you and/or your animals.
1) Tell him he is becoming out-of-control and that he has to take alll his benzos right now.
2)Then leave him, as you are leaving tell him you will be back after he takes all his benzos.
3) Get another boyfriend

I have been psycotic due to drugs several times - and let me tell you. THERE is no logic that you can communicate with him. He is a delusional narcissist bound for hurting others. tell him a) psych ward or b) benzos as you pull out of the driveway.

Qft.

Dude, we're friends, but I have to put you in your place on this one.
This isn't a " oh, he's just a little buzzed. He'll be straight in an hour". The guys suffering heavy mental impairment from methamphetamine abuse, the lady in the situation feels she and her animals are in danger.
Enough said right there. You say don't call cops. Would you rather this man trip out on the paramedics?
Do you think he will just brighten up all the sudden?
No he won't. He passed all the limits one can pass. Now it's time to take care of this the right way. I hope you see the point here

In my experience cops just complicate the problem and add insult to injury, or extra fines or jail time that might not be needed. So ill stand by my opinion on dont call the cops but get the man some help, there are other ways to get help then just calling the cops on somebody.

I think the dude needs rehab or some kind of intervention to help him realize how much his use is affecting him, not cops and mental hospitals and halfway houses.

In my experience cops just complicate the problem and add insult to injury, or extra fines or jail time that might not be needed. So ill stand by my opinion on dont call the cops but get the man some help, there are other ways to get help then just calling the cops on somebody.

I think the dude needs rehab or some kind of intervention to help him realize how much his use is affecting him, not cops and mental hospitals and halfway houses.
I sent you a PM. That's the main point, but sometimes you can go too far. Jail time,fines, he's lucky to get that.!

So... just an update and another huge thank you and yes I'm still alive.
So that night/morning at 4 am he called the cops because of the imaginary people stealing from the house.... he truly believed that the cops arrested them. He gave the cop my phone number and the cop told him to get some sleep and drove down the street and called me. I told him what was up. The cop said he would go back to the house and check on him again and take him in if need be. He called me back about an hour later, said he talked with him for a while and he seemed to be coming back to reality at that point and decided to leave him be. He then went to a friends house (walked about 10 miles to do so and it's a hilly area) and spent 6 hours fixing a garage door then crashed.

Yup. Called the cops on himself pretty much. I can't help but giggle.

Glad to hear you're getting out of the relationship, he sounds very unstable. As an ex meth-addict, I must say - that level of delusional-paranoia is NOT normal for the amount of meth he's taking. That kind of behaviour is usually reserved for the long-term addict and those who take it every day for a couple weeks (without sleep). It sounds like he's experiencing psychosis, even after a small amount of the stimulant. If you can, as a last act when you leave him, try and convince him to seek some psychiatric help. People that paranoid and delusional are very capable of (seriously) injuring someone they incorrectly believe to be a threat, which would be a tragic situation for everyone involved.

^^^this. When I was leaving pittsburgh meth was just becoming popular in the club scene. I got a call from a friend that went on a rampage, beat up his dad and barricaded himself in a room. Bad things can happen to people when someone has delusions/psychosis.

This is involontary 72 hour mental health hold.

Anyways that being said I am glad for the update, to know your safe, hes safe, no complicated cop scene happened, and in the end all n all humor was found.

Now for information sakes yes cops can make things more complicated.... Calling any help can. Anyone who advised not to "call the cops" even recommending to "knock him out with benzos" as if that isn't risky not only for the person trying to convince the person in the bout of a paranoid delusional meth overdose possibly sleep deptived and likely to become psychotic and agressive, but it is risky for the person being sedated too as if it doesn't knock him out it could make him further dissconected from reality and disorientated making him that much more dangerous when he becomes aggressive.

Now calling "emergency services" is not the cops. That is why the operator asks fire, police, or medical. In a situation like this calling emergency services to have medical sedate and transport to a psych eval facility to get "professional help" while police restrain if needed although many times aren't yet still restrain treating them like criminals even for a domestic issue where abusive parents call for a child who isn't behaving without explaining they expect obedience. Still even though it wasn't needed in this situation he probably won't seek help while this was a chance to force an opportunity on him for him to get help at his expense... Who cares the charge as he shouldn't be doing to himself with meth what he does.

To conclude good luck op and feel free to post back for any more advice.

This is involontary 72 hour mental health hold.

Anyways that being said I am glad for the update, to know your safe, hes safe, no complicated cop scene happened, and in the end all n all humor was found.

Now for information sakes yes cops can make things more complicated.... Calling any help can. Anyone who advised not to "call the cops" even recommending to "knock him out with benzos" as if that isn't risky not only for the person trying to convince the person in the bout of a paranoid delusional meth overdose possibly sleep deptived and likely to become psychotic and agressive, but it is risky for the person being sedated too as if it doesn't knock him out it could make him further dissconected from reality and disorientated making him that much more dangerous when he becomes aggressive.

Now calling "emergency services" is not the cops. That is why the operator asks fire, police, or medical. In a situation like this calling emergency services to have medical sedate and transport to a psych eval facility to get "professional help" while police restrain if needed although many times aren't yet still restrain treating them like criminals even for a domestic issue where abusive parents call for a child who isn't behaving without explaining they expect obedience. Still even though it wasn't needed in this situation he probably won't seek help while this was a chance to force an opportunity on him for him to get help at his expense... Who cares the charge as he shouldn't be doing to himself with meth what he does.

To conclude good luck op and feel free to post back for any more advice.

I dont think itd be that dangerous benzos would calm him down and with proper help like an intervention or rehab get him off meth so he could be stable, benzos are very calming, sure he could go crazier but benzos should most of the time calm someone down. its strange how on a forum about health and safety so many people are recommending the cops, and a forum with alot of people using illegal drugs just doesnt make sense to me?

Have you guys never dealt with cops before? are you guys that naive about the "help" they would give to this person. i just dont know what to say, im offering advice to solve her problems on her own and not get criminal charges or 5150's in place because im sure that wouldnt help the dude might make his addiction even worse, noone wants to be abused by cops or placed in involuntary psych wards, im certain hed come out of that hospital with a desire to get higher than hes ever been, cool now hes an even worse addict.

the only way i've managed to get through truly psychotic people (or regular people going through a truly psychotic epsisode) is by interacting through emotion, and this often requires a strong or long lasting relationship... which should work for you being his girlfriend.
you have to GET THEIR ATTENTION and keep it, which is really really difficult sometimes. establishing physical contact can help, or shouting his name.....
next hardest part is trying to maintain eye contact which can be near impossible if the person's strung out. but if you can maintain eye conact, say your name, say his name, mention your" feelings, mention painful experiences you've had, but summarize them. try and jampack the most emotionally significant experience you've had u together (could be as simple as "xxxx, I love you.") and throw it at them when they're most vulnerable.. if you're lucky that will establish a connection that breaks through the psychosis.. its pretty ulikely this'll stop their psychosis but if you can implant something positive (i.eremind him that you're both in love) then their psychosis may become a lot less destructive..

dosing someone against their will or knowledge (despite being illegal) with benzodiazepines who is ALREADY in meth psychosis in my experience will make things 100x WORSE. They will have zero inhibitions, the meth is more powerful than the benzo 99% of the time and then you have a MORE psychotic person who has LESS inhibitions than before.

I'm glad this issue has resolved itself for the time being, but I just had to bring this up from previous experiences dealing with meth psychosis in others. I do NOT condone the dosing of other people against their knowledge, of course in the most extreme cases like this, where it may be your only self defense and you can therefore justify it, I would strongly advise the use of antipsychotics over benzodiazepines. This has worked far more effectively in some nightmarish situations I've been in where someone needed to be subdued due to their imminent and present danger to themselves or others (usually with firearms) and there was not time for any type of emergency service to respond in time, and antipsychotics worked best. But this is like seriously a LAST resort situation that NO ONE ever wants to find themselves in.

This is why I hate meth, no offense to those that can act normal on it, my mom appearently got on it during my later teen years and I didn't find out about her using until years after I left but it certainly explained her wierd behavior before I bounced. Like seriously she kept telling me the president lived under our house and when I didn't believe her she would go break things in my room and hurt me numerous times then twist it and say I was the one that hurt her and call me crazy. I didn't know this wasn't normal until I left and then understood more when she got arrested with meth charges.

I did it once and I still feel guilty about it, I can hardly admit it cause I hate myself for it but it isn't all the hype I was high for like 5 hours then sick I started throwing up and then was pissed I couldn't sleep for another 20 hours I was miserable. I'm glad your out of there, meth addicts can be scary when they're spun.

i didnt say to give it to him unknowingly, i meant it more like to give it to him and tell him to calm down and sleep and eat and then talk to him in the morning.

I just read the rest lol im not surprised he did that lol...I did that once coming off antidepressants when I was drunk, the last time I'll ever drink. Went into full blown psychosis coming off SSRIS tried to calm down with beer and I blacked out, attacked my bf tried to kill myself and called the cops on myself (I don't even remember) and it made a mess of my life and I'm still on probation for it. He's lucky they let him sleep it off.

Shit happens I'm glad your ok. Meth scares me I've seen what it turns normal smart beautiful happy people into. Alcohol too but that's a different story. I'll stick with my happy drugs and after my one experience done drinking forever too. Too much at risk to throw it away on a substance. I feel for you though, I wouldn't have known what to do either my bf is an ex meth addict also he's not ever allowed to do it, I caught him twice (well caught him once and other time he just came out sat me down and told me right off the bat) luckily with him sense he had a brain injury he gets all twitchy on it even after first dose and he can't hide it, he looks dumb like a disgusting tweaker right off the bat sorry it makes me mad when I think of how he wasn't able to sit still and he tried to hug me, it's like don't touch me. But even if he freaked out I wouldn't be able to call the cops or no what to do. He was clean before I met him though and the relapse was about a month after his dad died and they were way close so I kinda get it and I try not to judge cause I have my own demons too I just hate seeing or knowing he used to do that to himself daily. Meth is a hard drug to live with if people close to you are users or are former users. Stay strong.

I dont think itd be that dangerous benzos would calm him down and with proper help like an intervention or rehab get him off meth so he could be stable, benzos are very calming, sure he could go crazier but benzos should most of the time calm someone down. its strange how on a forum about health and safety so many people are recommending the cops, and a forum with alot of people using illegal drugs just doesnt make sense to me?

Have you guys never dealt with cops before? are you guys that naive about the "help" they would give to this person. i just dont know what to say, im offering advice to solve her problems on her own and not get criminal charges or 5150's in place because im sure that wouldnt help the dude might make his addiction even worse, noone wants to be abused by cops or placed in involuntary psych wards, im certain hed come out of that hospital with a desire to get higher than hes ever been, cool now hes an even worse addict.
I do know what it's like dealing with cops for phych hold after my parents abused the support lying turning borderline morbid thinking [Wish I was dead or never born attitude turned into plan and intent for suicide] while also calling me violent and out of control for trying to escape the house my father and my brother initiated physical contact to restrain me injuring in a way I struggle to manage to this day. I was illegally drugged against my will for the staffs comfort increasing the severity of drug used for refusing to willingly accept a different drug.

Still even with my ten plus mostly illegal hospitalizations that have done nothing, but harm I still think he should have had EMERGENCY SERVICES, not just cops as you ignorantly state as you have been arguing against me recommending proffessional help saying that they are better off self administration of tranquilizers then later seeking "proffeasional help" that you assume is rehab and the likes he probably won't cooperate going to if he allows himself to get like this. Really where is your common sense? This thread has not been a joke and still you act like it is constantly recommending benzo sedation as your own addiction prevents you from seeing any other solution than benzos. It is extremely harmful and I serriously hope you wise up and get hell as benzo addiction is deadly and no joke.

No more argument. In the future in this situation the answer is do not interact with the meth user suffering from paranoid delusional psychosis, get as much distance as possible, and call emergency services explaining the drugs overdosed on and the behaviors displayed requesting either hospitalization to undo the drugs or for specifically a 72 hour involontairy psychological evaluation hold. Do not attempt to handle it without professional help as not to risk causing a state of excited delerium. Do not fear locking oneself away from the person or locking someone like that out, but it becomes your responsibility to make sure they are safe outside unless one decides to call emergency services to deal.

Legaluser Please stop arguing with me especially just to fill your benzo wet dream recommending that addiction to everyone else. If you want to use benzos fine, but keep it to your damn self. Even if one explains the possibly lethal dependancy risk, and increasing the possibility of dementia or alzheimers by 51% I forget which, no one should initiate another on benzos and only an educated psychiatric doctor shoukd if anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.