• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Boyfriend super high on meth... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynds

Greenlighter
Sorry for the rant, this isnt something i like to discuss with my friends and so i may vent a bit too....

I smoke weed, ive experimented with psychadelics a long long time ago, and i drink once every six months...

BF however is a heroin addict. He used to use meth HEAVILY, but for the last 7 years has limited his use to once every few months. In the past when he has done some, he would come home and get super super paranoid (sat on the roof for 5 hours in november to make sure the people running on it would stay off... third story of our house... quiet neighborhood....)

Ive let him know if he does it thats fine i cant control his choices, but he needs to stay away when using it. Not cool when i have to go to my job on 2 hours of sleep because I was woken up to be informed about the people living in the tree outside my bedroom window.... repeatedly.... Or when my mother stops by to visit and his eyes are bulging and hes talking so fast hes out breath about painting a skateboard...

So last night he goes to buddies to keep up his H habit, and scores some meth. He smokes it there, comes home, is up all night in the basement trying to catch the people sneaking in the house. Noon, it is revealed that he still has some on his person, he proceeds to IV the rest so no one can catch him with it. This has been followed by him trying to beat up shadow people outside with a bat, to patrolling the house, to a slew of insults, rants about how shitty of a person i am, and he is now patrolling our yard with a flashlight.

I dont know how to interact with him. Hes aggressive, hes mean, and ive been researching this so much im fairly certain hes going through a degree of psychosis (ive seen him talk to the invisible man and try to shake his hand then blamed me for the man climbing over the fence.....). Also in the past, when hes used even a little bit just one time, its DAYS of him being awake. So knowing that he did more than usual over the course of 24 hours, I have a long few days ahead of me....

What works when interacting with someone whose in this state? I would leave but i cant bring my dogs over to my bffs house and hes already let them loose in the road twice while going out to talk to the invisible people....
Is there anything I can do to promote him to chill the f*** out?

if u have some benzos... that would help. sounds like he reacts real bad to meth. i knew i guy just like that. i could not be around him when he smoked.

Benzos but I would already be gone with my dogs. People like that are psychotic and could murder you. Call the cops

He has benzos, in his pocket... but when i suggested taking one he just yelled at me.

He sounds spun out. I would look at getting out of the relationship, or getting him checked Into a mental hospital. He's not safe being that delusional, and your not safe being around him. Sorry, but that's the hard fact of the matter.

he is being verbally aggressive to you and this is very disconcerting. This is a que for physical aggression. Throw all logical thinking out of the window he could murder you and/or your animals.
1) Tell him he is becoming out-of-control and that he has to take alll his benzos right now.
2)Then leave him, as you are leaving tell him you will be back after he takes all his benzos.
3) Get another boyfriend

I have been psycotic due to drugs several times - and let me tell you. THERE is no logic that you can communicate with him. He is a delusional narcissist bound for hurting others. tell him a) psych ward or b) benzos as you pull out of the driveway.

And don't suggest taking one benzo. Demand he take ALL of them. even if its twenty.

Oh the relationship is so incredibly over, hard to break up with someone and have them move out when they are in this state... but this is definitely a wake up call for me. im casually packing up the car and ill be getting a hotel for me and the pups ... he is too busy looking for people to even notice me now. Thanks everyone, after all the insanity ive been listening to for the past 24 hours i needed to hear some rational voices.

encourage him to take all of his benzos as you leave. as long as he isn't in a manic enough state to follow you. If he does it will be better for everyone.
if you aren't morbidly obese you could have a boyfriend in a matter of hours I am sure. Single men in there early 20s are beyond desperate for a lover. Why did you go out with him in the first place? I'm curious because I am trying to attract a mate.

More drugs is not the answer, but proffesional psychiatric and psychological help is needed. He obviously is not in the state to discuss this. You can call emergency services and ask to have him put under a psychiatric evaluation for his saftey and those around him, but that is a serious call you must be sure you want to make and ready to follow through by his side or it will probably hurt him before helping him if not preventing help. Still you need to be aware of this option as an emergency last move if you fear anyones saftey due to him.

If you wait for him to calm down to discuss your concerns and his need to get help to stop the meth and deal with the paranoia. I would seriously suggest considering to end it over this and letting him know if it is not serious and of course if he won't get agressive and when he is sober ae he gets and clear headed.

I can't tell you how to say it or when you need to use your best judgement. Be careful, be safe, and pleaee check in and let us know you are all ok. Good luck to you as well.

edit :looks like you figured it as I posted. Again goodluck and seriously just call the police on him then leave when they take him to the hospital. Tell them he's on drugs, delusional, and key phrase in need of phychiatric/mental health evaluation

more drugs is precisely the answer. Specific drugs to inhibit his energy, actions, and behavior. This is first and foremost as far as care goes. But as long as you are leaving you are good.

more drugs is precisely the answer. Specific drugs to inhibit his energy, actions, and behavior. This is first and foremost as far as care goes. But as long as you are leaving you are good.
No having professionals handle this so she doesn't risk getting hurt. This is not a fucking joke... It is serious and the drugs solve everything childish attitude has no place in this situation. It only becomes harmful advice.

You don't try to logically talk to a spun out crazy asshole that is starting to get violent. You get out. Let the cops and psych hospital straighten him out. He's past the point of reason. Telling him to take 20 pills is wrong also. That is horrible advice. If the guy has a moment of clarity, I guess you can demand he take his meds, but in reality, get out. If he try's stopping you, you have no choice but to call the law, period.

So thank you all
.. grabbed a hotel room and the dogs and I are safe and sound. Right before I left he was camping out in the basement and told me he could prove there was someone there if I'd just look. I told him I was leaving for the night and I'd talk to him tomorrow. he seemed a lot calmer.

No having professionals handle this so she doesn't risk getting hurt. This is not a fucking joke... It is serious and the drugs solve everything childish attitude has no place in this situation. It only becomes harmful advice.

Not a drug solves everything attitude.

Benzos would attenuate most of the ill-effects of meth psychosis described in this thread. Perhaps you are confused.

Telling him to take 20 pills is wrong also. That is horrible advice. .

That was a hyperbole rooted in truth. Simply put and given the current information: the more benzos ingested, the better.

You don't try to logically talk to a spun out crazy asshole that is starting to get violent. You get out. Let the cops and psych hospital straighten him out. He's past the point of reason. Telling him to take 20 pills is wrong also. That is horrible advice. If the guy has a moment of clarity, I guess you can demand he take his meds, but in reality, get out. If he try's stopping you, you have no choice but to call the law, period.
QFT This is intelligent advice

encourage him to take all of his benzos as you leave. as long as he isn't in a manic enough state to follow you. If he does it will be better for everyone.
if you aren't morbidly obese you could have a boyfriend in a matter of hours I am sure. Single men in there early 20s are beyond desperate for a lover. Why did you go out with him in the first place? I'm curious because I am trying to attract a mate.
This is an out of place, childish, ignorant, and plain stupid post..... You're trying to attract a mate??? WTF Really? Trying to rebound on the op saying your available or what? Whatever it was a stupid joke in bad taste.

Edit: Glad to hear your safe. I am passing out here, but post at the hotel please!

PS. You're awesome for saving the dogs.

You're trying to attract a mate???

This is an internet forum, the ops boyfriend is obviously a loser. I'm a loser, I am trying to see what it takes for losers to be attractive.

Also, perhaps the negatives of my post are correct. I think it is still better than your post.

Oh and Mike, I dated him because he was sweet and charming and a thoughtful person. In two years he's used meth about 5 times, and the opiates have been a non issue.. he's honest and upfront about them, has never lied or stolen for them and makes enough to support his habit, pay his bills and uses suboxone instead when he can. He's been waiting to get a suboxone doc but there are 2 in the county and their waiting lists for new suboxone patients are in the hundreds. This whole meth thing has really thrown me for a loop, this isn't the guy I love.

Of course my dogs get saved! They are the tits! The only creature on earth that loves you more than itself is a dog :)

Status
Not open for further replies.