Boo 7-October 12th-Randall's Island NY —Take IV

awwww teddy, that brought a tear to my eye. although it might be from the depression of lack of seratonin :)
We love you too bro! Like i said, you bring the vibe, and the best out in all of us.
do i feel a big gay group hug coming on?

*big ghey group hug*
Jamal: hellz yeah for "APC v. 2.0" :) thats exactly what it is...
we're new and improved, with more features and members... um, or something ;)
I love all y'all dammit!
Peace ~Katie

Well all in all I had a good time at Boo the rain and mud made it interesting. The gorton's Fisherman suit got me threw the day dry..... Loved the girl trying to slide on the red couch in the mud, for those who didn't see it the couch didn't quite stay under her and she did a face plant in the mud. Hope there is some better weather next time. I think the venue would be sick on a nice day.
[ 15 October 2002: Message edited by: mcl79 ]

Alright, so here I go again addressing the event with a bit more sleep under my belt. I still stand by my original opinion that although the weather sucked, once you got over it it wasn't too bad. It got me down that the dancing space was limited due to the mud holes, but what space there was was amply filled by good dancers and good people. I think the mud actually kept my feet dry after it caked on because when I left my socks were just fine.
I was pretty much all around impressed by all the talent that was there. As always, Donald Glaude was incredible. Last year was the first time I saw him and I definately made sure to do so again this year. Just seeing him get into it and the way he worked the crowd made the day good. In comparison Sandra Collins just didn't impress me, yet again. Yes, she spun a good set, but it might as well have been a robot up there. Saeed and Palash were on my to see list and they certainly didn't disappoint. One of the girls I went with hung out with Palash, which I didn't find out until we were leaving. All I saw was her sitting up there talking to somebody and didn't find out who until later. Dieselboy was decent, but he had an MC come on for a bit that was absolutely astounding. I just wish I knew who it was because it was the first time in a long time that I heard anybody that could actually flow. Then his normal guy (or maybe not, but he sounded the same and had the exact same lines as whoever at Skool'd) came on and I left. I rounded out the night with a bit of TCM, but left pretty quickly into the set because there wasn't room enough to dance. There was plenty of room with J-Majik and I had fun over there mainly because of some chill people I met.
Don't know if anybody saw Josh Wink at Vinyl afterwards, but he put on a good set. Normally I don't like him all that much but it was a nice transition to chill out until the morning rolled around. He kept me dancing, which was an impressive feet all in and of itself seeing as I spent both parties sober except for a few bowls.
What made the night for me were the people I was with and just the city in general. I love NYC. I wish I could have met up with some Blers, you guys always seem to have some good times together. I'm truly impressed that that many complete strangers could be brought together by this board and so many of them turn out to be such good people.
Oh yeah, and the other high point in my night. After twenty hours of dancing my skills improved exponentially. I just hope I can hang onto them. Maybe someday I'll have the honor of being tossed around by some of you big cats.

Originally posted by mcl79:
Well all in all I had a good time at Boo the rain and mud made it interesting. The gorton's Fisherman suit got me threw the day dry..... Loved the girl trying to slide on the red couch in the mud, for those who didn't see it the couch didn't quite stay under her and she did a face plant in the mud.
[ 15 October 2002: Message edited by: mcl79 ]

I saw that as i was walking out of the dnb tent!!!! fucking awesome!

Alright, being bored in my dorm-room and finally having access to a computer for once in my life, i finally got off my ass and have become an offical "bluelighter" (please, try to keep the laughing to a minimun)
So obviously Boo sucked but we have already beaten that issue to the ground. The good thing about it all, i got out of Endicott! Maybe it wasn't $55 worth, but anyhting is better than here, and of course, all you guys made it a blast!
Alright, the roommate is kicking me off the comp to write a paper so jsut some quick shout outs so you guys all feel appreciated.
Teddy Oh hun, you know you rock my world! You live to damn far away, but then again, if you didn't i'd probably be spoiled. I had way too fun dancing with you (cause you know nobody else can get me to dance at parties but you) and i think the 20 min. we had in the car was actually just a blast. Hope to see you soon
Dave The one armed man parties down! haha. I def. have fun hanging out with you. You better not be a stranger to Endicott for too long, me and Liz might jsut have to gang up on ya.
Sesha Oh my god girl, you are a doll! You were jsut too cute and i'm so glad i finally got to meet you (seeing as how Wet didn't count) I'm glad you were there in the car ride to even out the balance of testosterone in the back seat. I'll probably catch ya online sometime.
Steve The theme of teh day is DELAY! oh man kid, you continued to crack me up in that car. I just might get to see you this weekend so i'm crossing my fingers till then
Paul Your house rocked and you were Def. the host with the most! You too i hope to see this weekend (if i get up there) thanks for everything (oh, and btw, yes, that is my bra along with everything else. oops?) haha
Kate I"m so glad you decided to go to the party. I think it was just what you needed as well. It sounds to me like you had a blast and i'm glad i got to see you for the time that i did. obviously I'll catch you online and i'll probably see you around as well, if not at axis than anywhere else haha.
Jamal Save the best for last. haha. You know you made my night, that goes without saying. Going from seeing each other every day to once a week sucks, cause that one week seems to take forever! This weekend was just what i needed. I think it was good for the soul. And yeah, i had more fun NOT singing in the house. *tee hee* see you soon (i hope) and i KNOW i'll talk to you soon if not.
Thanks guys. You know you're with an awesome group of people when a party that sucks so bad, can turn out to be sooooo fun!

/me gets all emotional from teddy's and Cheryl's posts.
I just can't believe Cheryl is a Bler. Probably a passing phase ;)

Originally posted by mcl79:
Loved the girl trying to slide on the red couch in the mud, for those who didn't see it the couch didn't quite stay under her and she did a face plant in the mud.

Why you shouldn't sit on the red couch at Stuck on Earth parties....
REASON # 5: You don't want to end up looking like this guy!
025.jpg

Ahhh!!!! Cheryl's a Bluelighter!!!! :) It's about damn time!
/me joins the group of teary-eyed saps after reading all these love-filled posts...
I wish I could see y'all this weekend, but I hafta work :( how bout we do something in Boston sometime? carpool to Avaland or something ;) in any case I luuuuuv you all!
Peace ~Katie

Ok so Boo 7 was an experence to say the least! But it was definatly worth going, to be able to hang out with everyone!
Kev-thanks for driving it was much appreciated...and also thanks for welcoming me and dave...i can't wait to hang out with you again when we are not covered in mud!..see ya soon babe!
cheryl-thanks for the girl companionship as well...your so cute..thanks for the gatorade it tasted great..hehehe!
Jamal -thanks for driving home and for enteraining me the entire night...you make me laugh,and your shoulder makes a great pillow!
Teddy-thanks for finding a bag with me that was a funny conversation to say the least!
katie-you are much fun, i hope you had a great time at the party, and i can't wait to see ya again!
Davemiss you much, thank you for putting up with me and not leaving my side...i luvs ya!
paul-they don't get much more cool then you,thank you so much for the pants and the party!
Love ya all Sesha
[ 16 October 2002: Message edited by: Pasha177 ]

Ohmygod, in one day Cheryl AND Sesha became Bluelighters (well, Greenlighers, muahaha)... ladies and gentleman, hell has now officially frozen over. is there anyone else we need to get on here, or are we finally ALL BLers?!?! (and those who need to know who "we" consists of, already do :) )
Another one bites the dust ;) Fair warning girls, Bluelight is a highly addictive substance... but I'm so glad you're here. ;) Luv you both, can't wait till we chill again soon!
Peace ~Katie (see? i can be nice to greenlighters sometimes!) ;)
[ 16 October 2002: Message edited by: bdreligrrl ]

dammit, no pics for you, you will have to get all my pics from dave, so bother HIM!
[ 16 October 2002: Message edited by: LittleVee3 ]
[edit] pics for you! (yell at cheryl for blurriness)
meteddydave.jpg

[ 17 October 2002: Message edited by: TopRocka ]

^^^ haha i saw that girl's nose dive into the mud... At first I was really shocked and I felt really bad.. but then I couldn't help but laugh...... uncontrollably. :)

ahhh thanks cass and steve :) i will definitely look into getting to montreal with you guys. if not i'll email you a number for a good delivery service up there ;) i too would like to get to chill with lorax and cassidy more, they rock. you guys should all come up to vermont and visit my ghetto mansion sometime :)
ladybass: yeah for the most part, but you need to stop caning up all night, that shit is played!!

well due to hearing someone wants to post more pics, I decided to re open this thread. yeah dood.
[ 16 October 2002: Message edited by: MrJaMaL ]

I should have my pics scanned Tuesday at the latest.. if you want them.. drop me an email [email protected].. (put boo in the subject so i dont delete it) other thenthat.. im just gunna pull names of people that are in them and send em.
I wont post any unless u tell me to. ;)