• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Stall - Part 3 - Please Read

Email me at [email protected] and I will let you know. Saying again, I don't want this to be discussed here as it. Affiliation is not an option.
Still have problems?
Email me.
Still have problems?
Turn up to the meeting on Saturday.
Cheers,
Soma.

So this is no longer open for all bluelighters? We cannot discuss this on this board? Email - why? I'm sorry but I feel you need to openly explain everything on this board, for all to see - whether involved or not - thats how it has been from the start. Am I the only one who feels this way?
------------------
"Well, me don't swim too tough so me don't go in the water too deep."-July, 1975 Bob Marley

i am of the opinion that everything should be discussed openly. currently, it seems like the issue has reached resolution, most people seem to either favour, or not have a problem with nonaffiliation.
if anyone has any further comment or ideas or reasons why we should further reconsider, speak up now, so we may finally put this to rest
smile.gif

yes, i believe discussion should be kept in here because i'm not on the mailing list thing at the moment.
and all my other opinions i have already expressed in here.

Woo hoo.... a resolution!
Bring on the pill testing dammit! I'm ready, let me at those pill carrying ravers!
Ahem... sorry, just a little bit excited
smile.gif

I have been meaning to change my password for the mailing list but I keep leaving it home, so when I'm at work I have no other option but to poste here. Sorry...
however, I do agree that we should still post things in this thread, that way it's accessible to all.
Finn
smile.gif

Stone the bloody crows!! What the hell is going on behind the scenes down there in Melbourne??? I *love* you Melbourne BLers, and I'm sooooo impressed with who you are and what you've achieved, but, honestly, this would try the patience of a saint!
wink.gif

There is just so much unnecessary obfuscation and drama and divisiveness around this affiliation issue, and it's been derailing the project.
We have here a team of talented and enthusiastic people and a great project idea which already has made some good momentum under Haste's excellent management. Let's just get on with it!!

Look, group projects and open forum debate *always* raise difficult issues. They are *always* time consuming and complex, expecially when so many people are involved. That's democracy for you! We have to allow for differing opinions, and we have to allow the process of debate and decision making to take its course as we have been, but it's time to make a decision, and move on.
I agree that all decisions should be made openly using this forum.
I'm with atomica. If anybody has a problem with an independent stall, let them speak in the next 48 hours, or forever hold their peace!
smile.gif
(As gonegoose seemed to intimate... if people want to set up a separate BL promotion project, they can go right ahead and do that, too! No law saying only one project at a time!)
When Haste was project manager, I would have expected him to acknowledge and ratify the apparent consensus on the affiliation issue, similar to when electing mods. That process still needs to happen. Haste, we need you back! You're the rudder!
Now, I'm doing some legal and health promotion (harm minimisation) research into this, and I'm really keen to have another meeting (Sydney) within a week or so.
YAY, BLUELIGHTERS! WE CAN DO THIS!
Keep the faith,
bananafish
smile.gif

P.S. It is not my intention here to flame or inflame. If I have offended anyone, please say so and I will delete the offending comment.

Just trying to clear up the affiliation issue and move on to tastier aspects of the project, JB!
smile.gif

(And *shamelessly* beg Haste to return! C'arn, Hastey lad! The force is with us!)
Actually, now that I've finally had time, I've just re-read every post on every thread of pill-testing, and had a bit of a think about it all, and I have to say I am bouncing up and down with tigger-like verve!
smile.gif

I have just posted in the Sydney Stall thread a suggested agenda for our imminent meetup. Sydney folk, please check it out and improve it!
smile.gif

bananafish
smile.gif

------------------
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!" (Taylor, Planet.)
[This message has been edited by bananafish (edited 19 October 2000).]

Hi. You may wanna look in the Sydney thread, too, to see what's going on here. I have posted there an update of progress on the health and legal fronts in Sydney, just so that we can all keep informed and work together on this.
Cheers,
bananafish
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bananafish (edited 22 October 2000).]

REMINDER:
Next Melbourne Stall meeting is this Saturday 21st October at
Prudence
365 Victoria St
North Melbourne
All welcome. If someone could print out a copy of the miniutes that would be fantastic. Hopefully a couple of members of Ravesafe will come along for a nosey.
Starting 12pm sharp, please be early a lot of people have committments.
Regards,
Soma.

that's 368 Victoria Street...
i still don't understand why things (melbourne wise anyways) aren't being discussed here, and why the affiliation issue was mysteriously decided for us?
personally i don't give a rats arse about the affiliation thing anymore, pilltesting is the priority, it just would have been nice to thrash the issue out a bit more, and have everyone involved in the decision...

who can say "needless duplication"?
i'm really not understanding the need for double posting in the same forum... still that's a modertor issue so i'll leave it up to them. justso long as this stuff IS out in the open and not on mailing lists...

heheeh sorry jb
smile.gif
but yes I agree keep it away from the mailing list
------------------
"Well, me don't swim too tough so me don't go in the water too deep."-July, 1975 Bob Marley

speakafreaka,
It's a good idea in terms of preventing cross-contamination of test results. I haven't come across any disposables yet, but I have been researching other aspects of the project. Why not talk to candyflip or directly to chemical generation about it?
candyflip? finn? johnboy?
Any ideas or information on this?
bananafish
smile.gif

i believe the idea of a smaller bottle for sale is being looked into, but dont quote me
smile.gif

as for onsite testing at the stall, we wouldnt need it. just a large bottle and an eyedropper maybe. if you are doing it right, there shouldnt be any probs...
smilez
smile.gif

cross contamination and single use testers are two seperate issues.
the single use testers which ez-test originally brought out were recalled because the solution would, in a short amount of time, react with the plastic container and go off.
chemical generation have floated the idea of reintroducing these, but with a use by date, as well as continual fresh supplies.
i believe they are still looking into the whole idea...

cross contamination is easily avoided.
as long as we make sure we're carefull about cleaning our razors, and plates/mats we should be fine.
------------------
professor.....whats another word for pirate treasure?

Hi Kids,
Had a productive meeting on Sat. I turned up early, had a few bites to eat... think I had a beer, chatted to Atomica for a while. No one else turned up, but oh well you have to expect these things sometimes. We will soldier on regardless. We will make this happen rain hail or shine.
As for my previous posts, sorry bout that. They were full of short but not very full of sweet.
Reason why I was being so 'to the point' was that I believe there is an over over overwhelming support for us to be non affiliated with Bluelight. To stop needless (and it really is) posting and reposting of potentially hundreds of affirming opinions I was asking (humbley and nicely) that we move topics of discussion on this thread to something more constructive so we don't have to wade through repeated posts.
To further this (and really hope to kill the issue once and for all
smile.gif
) I'll put here part of the post that I sent to the stall egroup
Firstly:
There seems to be a lot of negativeness in regards to the Bluelight
affiliation for this project.
I know I pushed my case fairly hard at the last meeting, giving my pro's and
con's and problably not letting the issue be resolved before moving on.
Although I think the Bluelight affilation should be there, I live in the
real world. If this project is going to lag because key members that are
willing to push it along won't be able to participate to their full extent,
and there is not enough hands to take their place then I think we should
revist what we are all about.
I belive there are two goals to this project:
1. Harm reduction - Distribution of information Rave/Dancesafe Style. Empowerment by knowledge.
2. Harm reduction - Spot pill testing and distribution of associated
information.
If we approach hiccups/questions to the project with the question "What do
we need to do to realistically achieve these two goals?", then we will be on
track to make all of this happen.
Applying that question to our goals... I am no longer certain that the
square peg pro-drug stance of Bluelight falls into the round hole of pure
harm reduction.
(note to self: learn to use better analogies)

Oooops! Sorry, guys! Dumb ole Monday morning dunderhead me! I misunderstood the post, speakafreaka!
Yes, j_swift, we can avoid cross-contamination just fine, and speakafreaka, I could easily be wrong yet again, but I think if people are coming to a free pill-testing and feedback stall which also sells testers, then single use testers are probably a bit unnecessary, and a bit dodgy from what I understand of JB's post.
Thanks.
bananafish
smile.gif