• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Stall at Raves - Your thoughts/assistance please

of course no one is forgetting the other states... W.A. is another state where we have a great opportunity...
with the card/ad maybekeep it to the bare minimum of information for the moment... like just the web address (be sure to mention aus/asia/nzforums) and not much else...
this is just for the short term, coz it would be best if we got to have a look over material with Bluelights name on it before it gets distributed.
ta

Very good point JB!
OK - I have secured a meeting next weekend with a very prominent Youth Worker here in Melbourne (Wendi Mason). She is going to help me nut out the legalities of a non-profit organisation, whether Bluelight will be required to be registered. If we do need to be registered I will explore what is required - or another option is that we get auspiced by another organisation. I'll have more info on this end of next week - I tried to make it earlier but she is very busy at the momment.

good work haste
smile.gif
ill be at the meeting but mite be a little late cause i gotta play vollyball, but has anyone considered videotaping the melbourne meeting then sending a copy of what was discussed to our sydney bl's? or am i going overboard and minutes are fine?
smile.gif

I think minutes will be fine
smile.gif

Keep the ideas coming!!! Big Trancer would love to hear from you on this
smile.gif

ok here is the quickly made, bluelight advert card...
tell me what u think ?
Bester-Bluelight-Card.jpg

------------------
Attack the Dance Floor like a Bulldozer, for those who came to stand MOVE OVER!

looks fantastic! is there any mention of our asutralian section? i'm just worried that people will only get as far as Bluelight Discussion and get turned off...

well tell me what u want added and ill do another quick edit... but i personally think and have found this out by talking with ppl @ raves.. that alot of ppl that come to raves are working or are interested in IT. if ppl check the site out... see how large and vast it is... im sure they will look around.. if there serious about getting informed about MDMA, they will look thru the site... but i thought keep it brief and simple, and the ppl might check it out... (maybe even the fact that it says "EZ-Test sales" may get ppl asking what it actually is.. and get them on the site, even just to buy a tester ?)
and basically thats what this whole movement is.. to get the general public testing there products.
anyway if most of the ppl are happy with it.. and its ok.. (i still need to get the OK from the actually grafix creators, as i only did the editing/colouring), i will see about getting some short run printing done.. and ill hand them out @ the next rave.
any feedback would be appreciated!
regards, bester.

ok just in case, like me, you'd forgotten:
meeting at JBs bar
Wednesday 4th of October
368 Victoria Street
North Melbourne
starts at 7pm
all welcome

Bester, thanks for emailing me after the fact. I appreciate that, yes you have emailed me, but you are talking about doing print runs and shit already. I also don't like seeing a graphic that took me the best part of two days to design and draw being butchered as you have. If you want to use that graphic I will doctor it for your purposes and will knock up a PROPER flyer. I will do it free of charge BUT I would like some type of recognition, as you haven't given me SHIT as yet.
On a more polite note... good idea on the whole flyer thing... Sorry for the bitch but I spent quite a bit of time doing that graphic....
------------------
The Strange Guy with the Night-like Violet Strange Hair

I can vouch for how much time Sproing spent on that graphic... It is only fair that he gets the credit for it... I had to put up with the mood swings when he couldn't get it right...
smile.gif

You guys have some great ideas...
smile.gif

no offence but i think the handout card the Bester has altered from sproings design doesnt look that good and before we start thinking of print runs etc i think we should get as many people as we can to design something and then we can all have a vote on it, this is not in any way an attack on anyone i just think the card could be better graphically done, that edit just doesnt cut it imho.

Okay, change of topic
smile.gif

Attention Sydney/W'Gong Bluelighters.....
When and where shall we have our meeting?
Ideas anyone? Temptress?
We should get onto this as soon as possible.
Finn
smile.gif

Awwwwwwwww SPROING...
We all know it was you who designed it! ( Right everyone out there who has already seen the website and bought a shirt??)
NO really bester, Two Thumbs up for the initiative taken! Dun take our comments as discouragement
On this note, i can't think of a more diplomatic manner in saying this..but mebbe let sproing and some others in on the creative side of things perhaps??
Juz mah 2 cents

this is the major reason why things should be taken slowly.
so much of bluelight is public domain....but so much of it is the creation of individuals... and those indivduals should always be consulted before these things are used in a different context.
before the name Bluelight is used i will be clearing it with all the relevant people...

I congratulate people on their enthusiasm for this idea - but I feel that we may be rushing into things. We need to build a solid foundation of who we are and wHere we are going - I love the idea of handing out cards at raves - but at this stage I think it is abit premature. I don't feel everything has been discussed and explored - I would like us to do this and do it right. We will be under much scrutiny so lets look as organised as possible.
JB - you are right - all relevant people need to be notified before hand.
Bester - Before rushing into raves, and this is only a suggestion, how about organising a meeting of Brisbane Bluelighters?
------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....

Rather than tackle the many points that have been previously raised, as I can see that they are being dealt with and re-hashed daily, I thought I'd just add a couple of extra ideas. (My personal opinions)
1. Personally, as a client of a pill testing stand, I would not sign anything at a rave because anonymity would be paramount in my mind when dealing with illegal drugs and any 'official' part of the raves organisation. Therefore any kind of disclaimer agreement would have to be 'caveat emptor', and it would have to be made clear that the pill testing stand took NO responsibility for the subsequent consumtion of any chemical tested at the rave. There are conditions under which a disclaimer like this is not lawful, but I'm not sure what those conditions are. I think there are some legal situations under which you are not allowed to give such a disclaimer and must accept part or whole responsibility regardless of the circumstances, due to a duty of care. (That's why doctors have huge medical insurance policies rather than being able to say "The symptoms indicate ... and our clinic is not liable for damage caused etc.")
2. Obviously the legal implications of harm minimisation ventures have been thrashed out before by other organisations under different governments. I think that it's important to be crystal clear on issues such as accountability for the stand presence (eg. if some anti-drug person, or undercover police person gets a bee in their bonnet and gets pissed off, who is in a legal position to tell them to fuck off unless they have reasonable cause to believe/evidence to show that we are breaking the law etc.), the results given, the hygiene involved (ie we're dealing with strong acids and environmentally unfriendly chemicals), etc.
3. I think that information should be collected on the pills tested, even in the most basic form of a proforma sheet for each test, with space to fill in the details or checkboxes to tick that we need to keep track of, a la: shape, size, colour, details, name the pill was sold under, suspected contents, test result etc. The sheet could then be ticked off and filed. By the end of the rave, the pill testing stand would be left with a bunch of empty testers, and a stack of filled in test sheets, so that it could be made clear to the rave organisers that the stand was effective.
4. Testing surface? Would the stand be looking to provide a number (hundreds?) of disposable clean white plastic discs/ plates/ pieces to test on, or would it be possible to wash/reuse porcelain dishes? How can this be accomplished in a clean manner, so that nobody is at risk of acid burns or contamination from chemicals (legal or illegal).
5. Mailing list? Perhaps make available a list where people can offer their email address to find out more information, in the form of a rave post-mortem newsletter which could be written by the organisers of the testing stand. Perhaps this newsletter could contain information about the drugs, the testing process, possible results, links to bluelight, and a breakdown of the overall results of the testing at each particular rave attended? (eg. something like "At Gatecrasher 30/8/00 the Bluelight Testing Stand conducted 208 detailed pill tests. The results showed that 35% of samples tested contained MDxx (XTC-like) substances, 60% of samples tested contained amphetamine (speed-like) substances, and 5% of samples tested contained unknown or unspecified chemicals"...etc.). This way the data collected is put to use, people can be informed, and the inclusion of extra information such as the standard harm minimisation arguments, and the ideas discussed above regarding the 'info pamphlet' could perhaps help to educate people.
Um, I think that's all I've got at the moment, I'll keep tossing around ideas and see what floats to the top. I guess mostly I'm thinking of the testing stand in terms of a science experiment. Going out and collecting emprical data is cool, but it might be worthwhile thinking about what to do with the data. Giving it away as a service is perfect, but records should be kept as a database of pill tests, if only to augment the pillreports site.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.

i urge everyone who is thinking about these issues to watch the RealVideo of the 20/20 story on Dancesafe. it shows exactly how they do it and we can learn a lot from it.
i'm not saying they are doing everything right, far from it. there are clearly some areas that need a lot of work, and these are questioned quite strongly by the report.
i guess what i'm saying is that i agree with BT that we should be looking at how other countries do it, and adapt it to our requirements.
our legal system is a lot closer to that of the U.K. and bluelighters such as TheGamer have been tetsing in clubs and raves for years. i have been in contact with him and will be learning more about how he does it.
update: just found this, which is fron the transcript of the chat session that was held after the 20/20 segment on dancesafe. it's exactly these protocols mentioned that we need to chase down.
rokuSaki from ipt.aol.com at 4:22pm ET How are you liable if the
test is inacurate?
Emanuel Sferios at 4:24pm ET The test is not inaccurate. The test is limited, but within those limits it is extremely reliable. The test can positively detect the presence of real Ecstasy in a tablet. It does not detect purity, however; there could be something else in the tablet. We always inform users of this fact. We utilize internationally developed pill-testing protocols that are used in many countries in Europe. The reason that the test is useful (even though it doesn't detect purity) is because the vast majority of adulterated or fake tablets do not contain any real Ecstasy. This is
because the people who are releasing the fake and more dangerous tablets are trying to avoid the risks and the expense associated with manufacturing real Ecstasy.
see the dancesafe 20/20thread for the full transcript.
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 03 October 2000).]

One of the easiest and best things any of us can do to push BLUELIGHT.NU into the spotlight, without asking anyone's permission and still making our own individualised statement, is by buying one of that Perth crew's t-shirts (see the link above).
It's got to be quicker and easier than us all debating for the next 3 months about how to help...
I just ordered mine...
wink.gif

------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

I'm not science student! in fact, i studied marketing.
However, wouldn't it be theroretically possible to neutralize the acid wif a strong akaline and then rinsing it clean wif running water?
Or simply using paper plates and then juz throwing them out?
[This message has been edited by GoNeGoOsE (edited 04 October 2000).]