View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

best first psychedelic drug to try?

itching4more

Greenlighter
have tried mdma, weed, various pharms etc but never any psychedelics any suggestions on what/ or what combination i should try first?

Firstly,

No "what should i/did i take" threads.

However, I will answer this anyway.

Personally I think you should jump in head first to shrooms or LSD. Don't get into RC's until you've experienced some "classical" psychedelics...

I believe this because learning the effects of something like, say, LSD can allow you to conceptualize the effects of other chemicals.
Research chemicals have been described as combinations of various hallucinogens, or of other RC's, or something new altogether.

MDMA+LSD=Candy flip = A very great experience.

You might be tempted to go for salvia first since it's so short acting, but I wouldn't recommend it due to it's jarring and sudden intensity.

tldr; LSD/Candyflip

Another reason I recommend this is because there are (to my knowledge) no allergic reactions to LSD (as compared to POSSIBLY with RC's), only good/bad trips.

Last edited:
2c-b, no joke.

PERFECT introductory psychedelic. You're pretty much sober during the trip, at least I am, but the visuals, colors, and the SUPER LONG trails are amazing.

My favorite chemical of all time.

I guess I did overlook 2c-B.

2C-b is more of a....visual drug.

LSD can be visual and TRIP. To me, psychedelics should cause me to TRIP.

2c-B doesn't really cause me to trip until i dose up to the point where i start getting bad stomach cramps and vomiting...

Acid is just so perfect for me.

So if you just wanna see stuff, DEFINITELY agree with juicyjay, and go for 2c-b or even 2c-i.

If you want to experience an actual trip, LSD.

Also, please be sure to read here:

Essential Psychedelic Reading (contains links to nearly every psychedelic on bluelight)

First Time Tripper's Guide

Educate yourself in depth before taking any psychedelics!

Thank you for being responsible!

Wana be a moderator?? <3

I would say that the perfect intro would be LSD or 2c-b/ 2c-i. They are all gentle at low doses and a good window into the world of psychedelics.

BTW at the right dose both Weed and MDMA have psychedelic properties. MDMA is like a trip in the heart, and I know Ive gotten closed and open eye visuals from smoking in addition to auditory hallucinations.

I am very happy I started with LSD as my first psychedelic , it opened my mind and heart up to the infinite possibilities this world has to offer. It hands down the greatest substance on the planet in my opinion. I have had the greatest days of my life under the influence of LSD =D

I am very happy I started with LSD as my first psychedelic , it opened my mind and heart up to the infinite possibilities this world has to offer. It hands down the greatest substance on the planet in my opinion. I have had the greatest days of my life under the influence of LSD =D

QFT.

LSD is really a superb psychedelic, and a perfect introduction to psychedelia due to its almost complete lack of peripheral side effects. :)

^^K is a dissociative... and i would not recommend a K-hole dose as a first psychedelic experience.

My first was Salvia and I LOVED it. I still love it. I think it's fabulous.

For whatever reason, though, a lot of people don't feel the same :(

In this case, IMO, I would suggest shrooms :)

If you want mild visuals that are at all not overwhelming I would suggest snorting a very small dose of 2c-I. I did 6mg yesterday and everything went wavy and colorful BUT only if you stopped to focus on it and let it do what it wanted. If you wanted to do and action or speak to someone you'd be fine and not notice any effects. Its only when you sit down and think, well, whats happening here then that you notice the subte visuals.

Haven't tried higher doses yet but they would probably be fucking awesome from what that was like.

LSD hands down. Only problem with shrooms is that if you eat too much or get some that are not properly dried out they can give you stomach issues. Or worse paralyze your ass to the couch while you can do nothing but watch the television screen and hallucinate. Although some may prefer this, I wouldn't suggest attempting to go there right away.

Shrooms dried no more than 3.5g. Goes amazing with some weed.

I guess I did overlook 2c-B.

2C-b is more of a....visual drug.

LSD can be visual and TRIP. To me, psychedelics should cause me to TRIP.

2c-B doesn't really cause me to trip until i dose up to the point where i start getting bad stomach cramps and vomiting...

Acid is just so perfect for me.

So if you just wanna see stuff, DEFINITELY agree with juicyjay, and go for 2c-b or even 2c-i.

If you want to experience an actual trip, LSD.

I've never done any psychedelic drug.. but after reading a couple threads I actually might be interested.

You brought up a good point for me though..

Sorry if it's off topic but I might be willing to try this along with the OP...

What's the difference between a TRIP and a VISUAL DRUG?

my first was LSD and i had an experience that went beyond words how amazing it was....

So im a little bit biased towards LSD....