• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

best first psychedelic drug to try?

I've never done any psychedelic drug.. but after reading a couple threads I actually might be interested.

You brought up a good point for me though..

Sorry if it's off topic but I might be willing to try this along with the OP...

What's the difference between a TRIP and a VISUAL DRUG?

A trip, as the parent poster uses the word, implies an altered state of mind rather than simply an altered state of visual perception. A trip in this sense can involve anything from anxiety and confusion to mental/physical acuteness and clarity all the way to a complete rebuilding of the perception of one's self.

as far the as the topic at hand goes. i'd go with a moderate 2c-c or threshhold 2ct7 dose.

I'd recommend a low dose of LSD for a first time. It's very transparent and clear, and tends to have a positive-leaning effect. I wouldn't recommend mushrooms for a first trip, they have a tendency to be more confusing and anxiety provoking. I wish my first trip was LSD, mine was a trainwreck of a high dose mushroom trip, but i learned a lot from it nonetheless, just would have been nicer to have something more positive for a first trip.

LSD. So clean, so positive (assuming set and setting are right), and so REAL.

I could write a fucking novel about how amazing a good LSD trip is, but to quote a bluelighter:
"Trying to explain LSD to someone who hasn't done it, is like describing a rainbow to someone blind from birth".

But I'd like to say that my LSD trip was probably more mind blowing than a blind person somehow seeing a rainbow. :)

I agree with others LSD/shrooms great starters, Shrooms feel a bit more natural to me, LSD can be a bit of a mental work out.

try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94zahbsvGwI and you will get a bit of an idea of how things could turn out visually for you.If it doesn't bother you id say go for it, try half a blotter to start can always have more. much love geo

I agree with others LSD/shrooms great starters, Shrooms feel a bit more natural to me, LSD can be a bit of a mental work out.

try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94zahbsvGwI and you will get a bit of an idea of how things could turn out visually for you.If it doesn't bother you id say go for it, try half a blotter to start can always have more. much love geo

Handling that videos visual distortion isn't really remotely comparable to handling a full on psychedelic trip.

Don't take half a tab, take two. If you heard that they are exceptionally strong, take one. Taking half a tab will leave you mentally blue balled, a feeling of "I think somethings coming!" for 6 hours, lol.

I would definately have to say LSD, you probably would be sweet with shrooms and shit though thats what I had for my first trip, LSD would be best but.

Handling that videos visual distortion isn't reallyTaking half a tab will leave you mentally blue balled, a feeling of "I think somethings coming!" for 6 hours, lol.

I HATE THIS FEELING! gaaaaaah.

have tried mdma, weed, various pharms etc but never any psychedelics any suggestions on what/ or what combination i should try first?

you sound very similar to me... i have done mdma, pharms, coke, and of course herb but i have yet to try any other psychedelics. i have a feeling i am going to get shrooms sometime soon so i am expecting good things. i have a few friends who have also done lsd and they absolutely love it. from what they have said, shrooms is usually a much deeper experienc but lsd is just a good ol time whenever.

I find psilocybin more Earthy and natural than LSD, also more of an introspective expirience. Saying that though, i'd still go for the LSD for your first psychedelic. Happy trails friend.

Wana be a moderator?? <3

I would say that the perfect intro would be LSD or 2c-b/ 2c-i. They are all gentle at low doses and a good window into the world of psychedelics.

BTW at the right dose both Weed and MDMA have psychedelic properties. MDMA is like a trip in the heart, and I know Ive gotten closed and open eye visuals from smoking in addition to auditory hallucinations.

I'll take that as a compliment, Karma! <3

I definitely hope to become active in the BL community.

My main objectives in this community are harm reduction and the most education possible. I don't think anybody should take anything without the proper foresight...

I can definitely agree with what you say about MDMA being a trip of sorts in the heart...that's such a romantic thing to say :D
Additionally, at higher doses I've gotten definite visual effects (tracers etc.) from MDMA.

I like MDMA along with other psychedelics though, but not until first trying the other substance by itself.

I've never done any psychedelic drug.. but after reading a couple threads I actually might be interested.

You brought up a good point for me though..

Sorry if it's off topic but I might be willing to try this along with the OP...

What's the difference between a TRIP and a VISUAL DRUG?

I know somebody has already commented on this, but I'd just like to clarify since I wrote it.

I guess I probably should have said "sensory" instead of visual.

To me, there are several classes of psychedelics. There are those that mainly distort your senses, such as DIPT, with aural hallucinations, or 2C-B, which to me is mainly visual. There are many more examples.

A "trip" drug is something that takes you on a trip. You are on your way to another destination, and you don't know where or when you will end up. You most definitely will not be in the same place that you started, with a high enough dose. This includes things like higher doses of LSD, shrooms, mescaline, DMT, 5-MEO-DMT...

Sensory drugs are like altering your reality.
Trip drugs are like entering an entirely new reality.
You could also think of this as enactogens (not all-inclusive of what I'm talking about, but you get the point) vs. entheogens.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
I would agree with what most people said about LSD. I find it, especially in medium dose to be quite a friendly chemical that gives a good idea about the completeness of a trip, you'll have a good compare for any substance you'd try after. The only reason I could reccomend shrooms first is the fact they last quite a bit shorter. LSD can be long in duration, if it turns out psychedelics aren't for you you're stuck to it for quite a long time. On the other hand I found, and many people I know agree, that shrooms are more 'dark' and 'confusing' mentally, and visually a bit less interesting then LSD can be. I guess it should be a personal choise. I first tried shrooms because at the time they were legal in my country (have been banned now unfortunately, bye bye quality shrooms), but looking back I doubt it would've mattered much if I had tried LSD first, if you start with a low to medium dose both are a good first experience.

Yes LSD does last a while, but a large part of the trip is much less immersive than the peak and come up. You kinda skyrocket and wave up and down for a period of time you probably won't care about at the time, and then for HOURS you are in a state that I can describe as "analytical". I found myself thinking, a lot, about how intricate everything was, breaking everything down into smaller and smaller concepts (or bigger). You're still tripping a large handful of balls at that point, but you become more grounded.

I agree a lot on that, only the early peak can be mildly confusing, after that its still a strong visual trip with many interesting thoughts and concepts, but it feels grounded in a way, connected to the normal world yet still tripping, while on shrooms the intire experience is as crazy as the rising of an LSD peak. I'd say inexperienced trippers should try both atleast once, and experiment on with either one or both they enjoy.

LSD. Shrooms are a lot less controllable in my experience. They're more a headfuck than LSD too. LSD feels a lot more 'logical' and 'mathematic' to me, mescaline is 'earthy' and shrooms are other-worldly. Shrooms are deeply spiritual though, so I guess it's all up to your intent for your trip.

you sound very similar to me... i have done mdma, pharms, coke, and of course herb but i have yet to try any other psychedelics. i have a feeling i am going to get shrooms sometime soon so i am expecting good things. i have a few friends who have also done lsd and they absolutely love it. from what they have said, shrooms is usually a much deeper experienc but lsd is just a good ol time whenever.

Shrooms for me are just a sort of chilled out experience with a decent amount of head space... Although it is easy to become overwhelmed....

LSD is energetic, euphoric, and has produced some of the most amazing experiences of my life.

Im so happy, the area has been dry on quality cid for a long time.... But through a raver friend of mine it looks like im going to be candyflipping for the first time soon...

Tenocyclidine! all the NMDA antagonism, with moar d2 dopamine agonism...how can you loose!?

Honestly, probably a lower dosage of mushrooms or LSD...both amongst the easier and more positive of the psychedelics imo.

Well, I suppose MDA, MDMA, and mephedrone are mildy psychedelic, while still being almost 100% sure fire positive "feels good man" You've tried MDMA...try a higher dosage in a more psy setting....somewhere quiet and that will let have some time with your thoughts....it can be more impressive then the E-tard image gives it credit for, but its less a trip in the typical "thoughs" way and more a trip of emotion, memories and feelings. But it generally manages to be both trippy and anxiety reducing at the same time. Which is always a plus in my books.