• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Best brand

gibberish-noise

Bluelighter
I've read on the great vast interwebs that there is no distinction between strains and that batches can vary wildly in potency, ratios, and their effects. That said, a good quality vendor would theoretically put out consistently good quality product (and ideally at an affordable rate), which is all I ask for as a consumer. BTW, mods, this is not sourcing as I'm not requesting where or how to purchase anything. Just want to determine which option to choose when I do.

Today I got 28g of Remarkable Herbs ('Thai' strain, FWIW). No scale at the moment - had a level teaspoon with water, plus a pinch of turmeric and black pepper. Felt nothing. About two hours later took another teaspoon, plus 240mg magnesium. Took my vitamin D-K (in MCT oil form) along with it as apparently fat potentiates and I'd forgotten to take it at breakfast. About five minutes after that I started to get the warm n fuzzy, loose relaxed feeling, very mild euphoria. Slight wobble / motion weirdness - not nausea exactly but I could see how at higher doses it could develop. Didn't get pruritus until I went out to the garden at T+30. The plants usually irritate my skin for a few minutes, though today it's lasting longer than that. Could be it takes longer to set in or the plants triggered it...?

In any case, I'm not blown away, especially since my tolerance ought to be nonexistent, but considering I hadn't actually measured the dose, I can't be too critical here. And anyway, even this is an exponential improvement to my usual depressive state of affairs. So I'm not complaining.

I've heard a lot about OPMS. What exactly is the difference between Gold and Silver? Beyond the price, I couldn't tell.

Which brand has been involved with your best / worst experience with kratom?

I'd recommend weighing your dose next time, just to get better data. But honestly that sounds on par for a low dose kratom experience. It's really not anything spectacular, if you are expecting the effects of a conventional opiate you'll be disappointed.

I wouldn't recommend stepping up to OPMS extracts, they are expensive, very potent, and definitely increase the likelihood of overdose even in tolerant individuals. I have a pretty large kratom habit, 15-40g/day over the past few years, and I can still easily overdose on OPMS extracts.

OPMS seems to cause much worse side effects than you would experience if you simply took too much ground kratom leaf. It has given me excruciating migraines and nausea on more than one occasion, even when taking it in moderate doses. Plus the effects are not much better than ground leaf imo.

I'd recommend weighing your dose next time, just to get better data. But honestly that sounds on par for a low dose kratom experience. It's really not anything spectacular, if you are expecting the effects of a conventional opiate you'll be disappointed.

I wouldn't recommend stepping up to OPMS extracts, they are expensive, very potent, and definitely increase the likelihood of overdose even in tolerant individuals. I have a pretty large kratom habit, 15-40g/day over the past few years, and I can still easily overdose on OPMS extracts.

OPMS seems to cause much worse side effects than you would experience if you simply took too much ground kratom leaf. It has given me excruciating migraines and nausea on more than one occasion, even when taking it in moderate doses. Plus the effects are not much better than ground leaf imo.
Duly noted, thank you for the insight. I had the powder, not leaf, but I suppose it's the same thing, just ground up before you buy it. Any other brand you recommend to try or avoid? What brand/s do you use?

I don't have any particular brand, they are all the same to me. My tolerance is well past the point of feeling a nuanced high between brands, or any real high at all for that matter. I'd recommend trying crushed leaf instead of the powdered forms, I used to have good effects from making tea out of the larger crushed leaf products when my tolerance was low.

I know you're going to do what you will, but I must include the obligatory warning. Kratom is an opioid and as such can be very addictive. I've tried multiple times to taper and i've cold turkey kicked it once, while it's not 3g's of heroin a day bad, it's still very miserable.

If you must use it, then mediate your use to the odd occasion. The closer your dosing intervals are the faster your tolerance will rise and the less you'll get from it.

I don't have any particular brand, they are all the same to me. My tolerance is well past the point of feeling a nuanced high between brands, or any real high at all for that matter. I'd recommend trying crushed leaf instead of the powdered forms, I used to have good effects from making tea out of the larger crushed leaf products when my tolerance was low.

I know you're going to do what you will, but I must include the obligatory warning. Kratom is an opioid and as such can be very addictive. I've tried multiple times to taper and i've cold turkey kicked it once, while it's not 3g's of heroin a day bad, it's still very miserable.

If you must use it, then mediate your use to the odd occasion. The closer your dosing intervals are the faster your tolerance will rise and the less you'll get from it.
Fair enough. Why the leaf over powder? Takes longer to build tolerance?

Noted. I don't plan on becoming addicted...but then again no one ever starts out with that intent. I have some rules regarding substances that hopefully will be enough to keep them as tools for me to use and not the other way round.

ive just always used cali botanicals. ive never had any problems and its always been grade A. its really cheap and i just get a kilo that lasts me the whole year.

Carolina Kratom is my go to. They have lab tests for each batch so you can get an estimate of how high the alkaloid count is. Even have batches as high as 2.1%. They also sell tons of their own extract and brands like OPMS.

I've been taking Kratom for years around 20-30g a day. As someone mentioned extracts are the strongest way to take Kratom but are expensive and can bring tolerance up fast.
I remember taking an OPMS shot on an empty stomach and basically nodding off like I used to on dope. Feels just like a decent dose of Percocet or low dose of Oxy if you have no tolerance, so just be warned.
When I had a high tolerance and had to kick Kratom cold turkey it was pretty miserable. No where near a bad heroin habit withdrawal but RLS, sweats and runny nose like crazy.
I can totally see the addiction potential of extract shots, and people spending hella money on them taking 3+ a day.
It's probably best to just use powder Kratom and if you must use extracts as a treat only here and there.

I have no experience with leaf so I can't speak on that but I've heard of many people liking it.

Last edited:
Idk whether specific brands are really worth anything, kratom's a plant in the end which by nature will vary between different harvests but I agree that there's a whole lot of bunk kratom being sold, maybe because it's produced in low-wage areas of this world and imported by profit-oriented capitalists. With stuff like that I usually avoid brands and go with what's selling plenty - best kratom so far was a resin extract which I stupidly overdosed (yeah, you can nod hard off Kratom if done "right" - this was from a local shop in Switzerland, and now a local Mexican distributor which was around the first search results, the very first cup of red vein sent me straight to bed despite usual daily dose of 120mg and recently before as much as 480mg of morphine which was skipped on that day, and now I have 20x extract from another local vendor which is almost morphine-esque when snorted (which is the way to go with kratom, just somebody here confirmed me this, and for that unfortunately you need good extracts, but we have here on BL too a link to some vid where they explain how the aspiring drugist can extract @ home, very covid conform.

Besides that, analyzed batch sounds good so if it isn't too expensive I'd select them.

Gothic Kratom
Been with them for years and tried other vendors (stay away from golden monk they fucked me once and wont again - they even sent me pre-response emails fuckin jackoffs).

Seems we are being given some leeway in this thread as it isn't exactly kosher so I am going to take advantage of this. Can anyone say anything good about Krave or Blue Magic brands? Both sold in local head shop and prices are very reasonable. Anyone ever tried either of these two? A 300 count bottle of capsules ( 150 grams ) is comparable to the cost of 4 packages of prime Angus beef steak to give you an idea of what I mean by reasonable cost. Thanks peeps.

Gothic Kratom
Been with them for years and tried other vendors (stay away from golden monk they fucked me once and wont again - they even sent me pre-response emails fuckin jackoffs).
They tried to screw me too. I got what they sent me, but after I already paid them in a money order, they sent me a text stating they needed my payment! I said fuck that. They aint getting another penny from me. I just ignored it and never ordered from them again. Fkn scammers.

Seems we are being given some leeway in this thread as it isn't exactly kosher so I am going to take advantage of this. Can anyone say anything good about Krave or Blue Magic brands? Both sold in local head shop and prices are very reasonable. Anyone ever tried either of these two? A 300 count bottle of capsules ( 150 grams ) is comparable to the cost of 4 packages of prime Angus beef steak to give you an idea of what I mean by reasonable cost. Thanks peeps.
Never had a problem with Krave products. The Bali and Trainwreck always have a decent effect on me and are reasonably priced.

I just use my gas station brand called Remarkable Herbs . I tried a few online brands and they didn’t seem any better than what I had so I stick with this brand .
Yea I usually go to my local smoke shop down the street from me. They have decent stuff. Sometimes I'll order online from a reputable vendor also.

I just use my gas station brand called Remarkable Herbs . I tried a few online brands and they didn’t seem any better than what I had so I stick with this brand .
that brand is good, I've used them for more than just kratom, I used to buy their mimosa hostillis lol made great DMT

I'm surprised your gas station sells that brand, they usually stock crappy meme brands

However, after trying 20+ brands of kratom, my favorite kratom brand is by far NJOY, they have amazing quality kratom very strong and high quality, better than all others

Gothic Kratom

Golden Monk is absolute trash, speaking from experience. They seem like resellers. Why else would you have a blog on your site talking about how good other Kratom vendors are?

I'm curious about Blue Magic too. I only saw that brand in one shop but the bottle said 1.8 - 2% alkaloid content which is really high for smoke shop powder.

The problem with gas station brands isn't always the quality but the price. 20$ for 3 OZ's when you can get a half a key of top quality Kratom for 50-60$ online.

Golden Monk is absolute trash, speaking from experience. They seem like resellers. Why else would you have a blog on your site talking about how good other Kratom vendors are?

I'm curious about Blue Magic too. I only saw that brand in one shop but the bottle said 1.8 - 2% alkaloid content which is really high for smoke shop powder.

The problem with gas station brands isn't always the quality but the price. 20$ for 3 OZ's when you can get a half a key of top quality Kratom for 50-60$ online.
I got some of the blue magic and yep bottle says 1.8 to 2.0.

I'm liking it and gelcaps are 650 mg and not standard 500.

It's 2 steaks cheaper than Krave as well.