• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Benzotripping?

Benzos dosed before hand tend to not kill the trip, but severely mute its effects, both mental and visual. A waste of acid, if you can handle its intensity.

Benzos dosed after have nearly completely ended a trip for me on multiple occasions.
I honestly, never, feel like my acid is a waste on top of benzos.

Most of early 2020, I was mini dosing daily. After lots kava, 10 mg’s Etizolam, weed, just 20 to 35 ug was an awe inspiring experience.

But I swear the kava fuels into that somehow, keeping the Acid more active.

People will tell you not to combine LSD and BZDs because it blunts the LSD experience. These people are wrong. If you take a reasonable BZD dose it enhances the experience by removing some of the rough edges. It blunts what really ought to be blunted. That's a good thing particularly if you have some psych history. We've discussed at some length about taking LSD with neuroleptics so I won't get into that any further.
This has been my own experience. With the cannabis and kava pumping the LSD back up, I still trip on all doses, mini to mega macro.

Although I often lose desire for the benzo when I drop and hold off for most of the active trip, with weed to keep me uplifted, I can get into a really clear headed, good mood.

So I don’t need benzo. If I take a good dose during the intensity, it can enhance, rather than calm, the mania and thought loops for one.

So I often wait it out. Even a recent 1000 ug drop I wasn’t at all edgy or awkward susrprisingly. It’s more afterwards.

Actually....last year, I caught on to the practice, of mini dosing LSD, to counteract the benzos lol! It seemed effective too.

Why am I anxious? Why am I depressed? Why do I need all these drugs to feel right? These answers came to me with time and hard work of course too.
Hey that’s great you’ve been able to step back, take a view, address and release,,and feel the results from releasing etc.

I often suggest, to be right minded,,conscious, aware and caring in current world, it’s a hard walk to NOT have any anxiety or depression.

But it sounds like you’ve been very proactive and calm about troubleshooting it so well done on that.

Most of early 2020, I was mini dosing daily. After lots kava, 10 mg’s Etizolam, weed, just 20 to 35 ug was an awe inspiring experience.

If you were smoking pot that would make even the microdoses you were taking more psychedelic, what were the effects of LSD in microdoses like this?

You might be correct about the Kava? I took some Kava while coming down from shrooms the first time I took them, thinking it would help me sleep which didn't happen, and I tripped for longer than 8-9 hours.

If you were smoking pot that would make even the microdoses you were taking more psychedelic, what were the effects of LSD in microdoses like this?

You might be correct about the Kava? I took some Kava while coming down from shrooms the first time I took them, thinking it would help me sleep which didn't happen, and I tripped for longer than 8-9 hours.
Cannabis vapor and edibles goes a long way to bringing a 20 to 35 ug dose up beautifully.

I believe with Kava there may be some potentiation by receptor site affinity too.

at that point you need to ask why do you feel the need to blunt an aspect of the experience which is integral to making psychedelics what they are.

What psychedelics are is a group of recreational drugs. The entire purpose of Bluelight is to make such drugs safer to recreate with as a first priority, and, somewhat down the scale, to be as enjoyable as possible. That's it. The psychedelic experience, as much ink as has been spilled about it, boils down to little more than that. Having a good time. The idea that you're somehow obligated not to make the time easier for yourself when the possibility is right there (and is good harm reduction practice) is absolute nonsense.

This approach to psychedelics bothers me as well. That they have some kind of message for you, as if there was a consciousness other than yours at play. There isn't. There's just you, taking drugs, and you should optimize your drug taking for, again, safety first, respecting your life responsibilities second, pleasure third, and somewhere way, way down the line, whatever these ideas about the "right" way to dose are.

Last edited:
Not a benzo but in the topic of trip killers...

does anyone have experience with trazodone + psychedelics? It’s a sleeping med (works wonders) and actually has some action as a 5HT2a antagonist. It’s put me to sleep 6 hrs after oral 20 mg amphetamine so I imagine it could put you to sleep, at the very least

For me, personally, benzos dull the edge of psychedelics. That can be either good or bad, depending on the situation. If you're feeling anxious or having paranoid thoughts, a little benzo can make things right again. But if you're not, it's been my experience that adding a benzo will muddy the waters and dull the sharp clarity and focus of thought that is the reason I usually want to take a psychedelic in the first place. I certainly wouldn't say it's wrong to combine them (though many years ago I would have and did, in my hubris). You should do whatever works for you. Psychedelics can be taken for many reasons and it's arrogant to try to say that there is a right or a wrong way to take them. But for me, benzos are not usually desirable to add to a psychedelic, unless I'm trying to fall asleep at the end, or if I fall into an anxious or bad place that I can't work my way through.

I take psychedelics most of the time these days just to have a fun recreational experience, but sometimes I take them with the intent to shake up my default mode network and try to see something I'm working through from a different perspective.

Thanks for your thoughts about combining kava with LSD. I'm definitely going to try a micro/mini dose of 1pLSD or similar psychedelic together with kava and see how it affects me.

To add on kava potentiating substances: Personally I've used quite a bit of kava now, mostly when I use it alone I can't feel much. I did when I was off opioids though. Especially when I combined it with "Stresam", a russian anti-anxiety agent apparently as effective as lorazepam but less (they claim not) addictive. I didn't feel much from Stresam alone but combining it with Micronized instant Kava really made me relax.

Not a benzo but in the topic of trip killers...

does anyone have experience with trazodone + psychedelics? It’s a sleeping med (works wonders) and actually has some action as a 5HT2a antagonist. It’s put me to sleep 6 hrs after oral 20 mg amphetamine so I imagine it could put you to sleep, at the very least
I would ask the same question of Zopiclone. Which I sampled a few times, on MDMA I don’t think it killed anything.

Also, I assume Methamphetsmine may quite nullify a trip like crack cocaine does supremely in a real snap out, overriding sense.

I’ve never taken Methamphetamine so I don’t know if it would compliment and supplement the acid like MDMA, or reduce it like Crack.

No problem. If in public, a party or a rave, I prefer to nibble a bar with my tabs.
It will however take alot from the introspection of LSD, so it depends on what you want to get out from your trips.

I would ask the same question of Zopiclone. Which I sampled a few times, on MDMA I don’t think it killed anything.

Also, I assume Methamphetsmine may quite nullify a trip like crack cocaine does supremely in a real snap out, overriding sense.

I’ve never taken Methamphetamine so I don’t know if it would compliment and supplement the acid like MDMA, or reduce it like Crack.

I found Zopiclone to ramp up visuals and the already fucked up head-space. (In a pleasant way)

Never tried meth or crack, but amphetamine is awesome while trippin' your tits off.

I found Zopiclone to ramp up visuals and the already fucked up head-space. (In a pleasant way)

Never tried meth or crack, but amphetamine is awesome while trippin' your tits off.
Yes that’s what I would have intuitively predicted with zopiclone, I imagine Tramadol though is far more likely to dim the trip down.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the Meth. I was curious. I took good clean amphetamine sulphate on LSD in past, they synergised, no LSD muting from the speed.

So I guess, different of course, but Methamphetamine may also not cancel it out out....

Correction!...just seen, slow stoned kava buzzed me in a bizarre but beautiful trwighlight heavy LSD afterglow, benzod out too, You were saying exactly that.

Amphetamine! Not meth. Sorry.

Although, I would never in million years choose Amphetamine to throw on top of my acid, but MDMA any time.

Even psilocybin, on an acid peak, is great synergy. And I preferred ketamine on acid too, to speed (amphetamine).

Some people say amphetamines including meth don't mix with psychedelics, but I disagree, it can be a good combination, but it's also risky as they greatly increase the tendency towards mania and delusions. If anything they make the psychedelic stronger.

I have combined small amounts of cocaine and LSD and it was great, but I shudder to think of experiencing the fiend/come-down while tripping. When I've combined them, I've just done a couple of bumps, so there was no comedown and the effect was mild. I would imagine crack on psychedelics would not go well at all.

And I would expect temazepam to be very good and dreamily complimentary to the LSD, far less of a dimming effect as many report with benzos, to varying degree depending on dosage.

Thanks for sharing your experience

Anytime man!

Although, I would never in million years choose Amphetamine to throw on top of my acid, but MDMA any time.

Even psilocybin, on an acid peak, is great synergy. And I preferred ketamine on acid too, to speed (amphetamine).

Agreed. When MDMA still felt like MDMA for me, that combo was magic.
Ketamine is always a fucking blast on LSD.

Speed is more for social occassions. It makes me feel like Quagmire, all giggity-giggity-go!

Some people say amphetamines including meth don't mix with psychedelics, but I disagree, it can be a good combination, but it's also risky as they greatly increase the tendency towards mania and delusions. If anything they make the psychedelic stronger.

I have combined small amounts of cocaine and LSD and it was great, but I shudder to think of experiencing the fiend/come-down while tripping. When I've combined them, I've just done a couple of bumps, so there was no comedown and the effect was mild. I would imagine crack on psychedelics would not go well at all.
Cocaine and LSD....may be very different to very strong Crack cocaine and LSD.

Definitely, good coke can level an MDMA roll in a certain way.

Experience with coke and acid has been rare if at all for me, but strong crack I’ve seen take a poor trip handler on a strong tab, lose all awareness of the trip, not get it back, while I tripped hard on the same Ganesha/Shiva all night.

In company of crackheads lol (my closest mates at time in Uni town).

MDMA and LSD for me, if both clean and good, good weed, hash, pollen etc, friends, a festival, was a failprooof magical time for me. Perfect balance and compliment all round.

Mushrooms and ketamine added in, really took it another wonderful way too.

Anytime man!

Agreed. When MDMA still felt like MDMA for me, that combo was magic.
Ketamine is always a fucking blast on LSD.

Speed is more for social occassions. It makes me feel like Quagmire, all giggity-giggity-go!
Yeah see, I’ve not taken MDMA since 2005 when I became severely allergic to most things due to severe Lyme onset, one tiny tick, one time, safely sitting on summer grass patch as dustman, at break/tip time.

I have some MDMA from Holland, but I won’t take it- guarantee of bad physical allergy, would causes major digestive and respiratory distress, possible dangerous CNS reaction, I’ve no idea though.

But, I’m actually really appreciative of my general ease and comfort these days communicating. So easy to no pressure, think purely, express exactly. Verbally mainly, no social anxiety.

Default Mode Network battered away by recent heavy LSD bombardment lol, has made word, phrase selection easy, flexible and fun, in comversation.

I took thousands of MDMA pills from 96 to 05. By apart from my assured allergy risk, I would hate no almost surely experience a noticeable decline in my pure, easy use of mind, imagination, mental acuity, short term memory, fluid easy social skill.

And cool we agree on that too. Ket with acid, sublime.

Also really groovy was Mushrooms, Ket and MDMA. Very different to LSD there too. But all combined had an extra propellant I swear.

Yeah see, I’ve not taken MDMA since 2005 when I became severely allergic to most things due to severe Lyme onset, one tiny tick, one time, safely sitting on summer grass patch as dustman, at break/tip time.

I have some MDMA from Holland, but I won’t take it- guarantee of bad physical allergy, would causes major digestive and respiratory distress, possible dangerous CNS reaction, I’ve no idea though.

But, I’m actually really appreciative of my general ease and comfort these days communicating. So easy to no pressure, think purely, express exactly. Verbally mainly, no social anxiety.

Default Mode Network battered away by recent heavy LSD bombardment lol, has made word, phrase selection easy, flexible and fun, in comversation.

I took thousands of MDMA pills from 96 to 05. By apart from my assured allergy risk, I would hate no almost surely experience a noticeable decline in my pure, easy use of mind, imagination, mental acuity, short term memory, fluid easy social skill.

And cool we agree on that too. Ket with acid, sublime.

Also really groovy was Mushrooms, Ket and MDMA. Very different to LSD there too. But all combined had an extra propellant I swear.

I never had any side-effects from doing loads of MDMA (say from a two week long psychotic/DP/DR-episode), I just don't get that funk anymore.

Gotta try ketamine and shrooms soon. Not a big fan of shrooms otherwise, but with ketamine AND LSD?
That has to be good. :D

Gotta try ketamine and shrooms soon. Not a big fan of shrooms otherwise, but with ketamine AND LSD?
That has to be good. :D
Ketamine like MSG*, enhancing the flavor of whatever it's added to and introducing that lovely umami?

*which is ironically used as a cutting agent for ketamine