• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Benzotripping?

Yes, perfectly safe, and in fact I recommend having benzos on hand when tripping on anything, perhaps even LSD in particular since it is so long acting—you might be fine riding out an experience on a shorter acting drug, but why subject yourself to a bad time on acid that will last for so long? Better have some (preferably fast acting) benzos on hand to help tame any edginess of the come-up or bad time whilst tripping.

100% safe, in fact benzos reduce the intensity of psychedelics without making you come totally down. They can be used to bring a trip partway down if you're having a difficult time or starting to freak out. Like SKL said, it's always a good idea to have some benzos on hand when you're tripping or around tripping people, because in case something goes wrong, they can really save the day.

However I wouldn't combine them for no reason, because they make the trip cloudier, less intense, less visual, and less profound. benzos on psychedelics are for when you need to pull yourself or someone else out of a bad place. I personally almost always use a benzo at the end of the night when I want to sleep but have taken a long-lasting psychedelic that makes me unable to sleep, like LSD, mescaline, or DOC or other DOX.

Too safe, if anything. If you're taking moderate doses, itll kill a trip. If you're taking high doses, that could be some dangerous blackout weirdness

just to take the edge off. from what i've heard, id doesen't stop you from tripping, but it might make a trip a little less intense.

Indeed as spoken clearly, safe as houses. It doesn’t nullify my own trips noticeably. I usually fade in between the effects, in that I will lose interest or appetite for benzo on strong acid comeup and long time through the peak.

I can forget about the benzo entirely while on a good trip supplemented with lost of cannabis and kava, and ironically if I was to take a sizeable benzo dose on a heavy trip, my mind blurs and thought loops, acute anxiety is actually more likely.

But kava mixes things up, as it strongly enhances both LSD and particularly Benzos. So it mitigates somewhat the tempering effect benzos have on the LSD and alters that equation a bit.

I wouldn’t handle my acid overuse without benzos, I imagine many people feel similarly who have taken acid for a long time in very large quantities.

Wish I had some a few years back when I had a bad trip. That's a ride you can't get off! Haven't done any since, which is a shame as I reckon I've had the best times on acid too.

just to take the edge off. from what i've heard, id doesen't stop you from tripping, but it might make a trip a little less intense.
If that's why you want to do it, do not take acid or any psychedelic drugs. I remember you wrote a thread about being on anti-psychotic drugs, so you should not be tripping at all.

My friends that have taken benzos while on acid or shrooms said they relax you, and completely end the trip.

I think phenibut might suit your purpose better, but will still probably dull the trip.

Kava works too and does not dull trios like benzos at all, it reduces anxiety but adds to the intensity of the acid in a different way, especially the colour and euphoria.

If that's why you want to do it, do not take acid or any psychedelic drugs. I remember you wrote a thread about being on anti-psychotic drugs, so you should not be tripping at all.

My friends that have taken benzos while on acid or shrooms said they relax you, and completely end the trip.
Benzos dosed before hand tend to not kill the trip, but severely mute its effects, both mental and visual. A waste of acid, if you can handle its intensity.

Benzos dosed after have nearly completely ended a trip for me on multiple occasions.

Benzos dosed before hand tend to not kill the trip, but severely mute its effects, both mental and visual. A waste of acid, if you can handle its intensity.

Benzos dosed after have nearly completely ended a trip for me on multiple occasions.
Smoking pot and hashish on acid and shrooms, or the next day so you sort of trip again, or at least I did, is super fun!

I think phenibut might suit your purpose better, but will still probably dull the trip.

Phenibut actually doesn't kill the trip at all, it combines really well with psychedelics, if you preload with phenibut. It makes every positive aspect of the drug come out more easily and increases the euphoria a lot, without making the trip weaker. It's one of the best non-psychedelics drugs to combine with psychedelics.

I posted my typical contrarian take on the subject of combining BZDs and LSD recently in another thread.

If you are taking neuroleptics (antipsychotics) and insist on taking LSD, which I would discourage, I'd actually recommend pre-dosing BZDs to chill yourself out a bit and reduce risk.

@Drug_Head forgive me if you've said elsewhere but how much experience do you have with LSD or psychedelics generally and where is your desire to take them coming from if you don't have experience with them? It might not be the best idea for you. I'm glad to discuss why in detail if you'll listen and consider. If it's gonna be in one ear and out the other I'll skip it except to say you need to be exceedingly careful which includes maybe predosing a BZD and definitely taking one at the first sign of not just distress but also of manic symptoms. Which can be difficult to distinguish from ordinary tripping. But it's absolutely essential to head off trouble before the start.

I have tripped numerous of times, and I'm going to trip again (at least a mild dose whenever I can get hold of some acid again), but perhaps with a benzo, since it's been a while since I've tripped before.
From my understanding, a mild to moderate dose of benzos just "take the dge off" the acid.

I posted my typical contrarian take on the subject of combining BZDs and LSD recently in another thread.

If you are taking neuroleptics (antipsychotics) and insist on taking LSD, which I would discourage, I'd actually recommend pre-dosing BZDs to chill yourself out a bit and reduce risk.

@Drug_Head forgive me if you've said elsewhere but how much experience do you have with LSD or psychedelics generally and where is your desire to take them coming from if you don't have experience with them? It might not be the best idea for you. I'm glad to discuss why in detail if you'll listen and consider. If it's gonna be in one ear and out the other I'll skip it except to say you need to be exceedingly careful which includes maybe predosing a BZD and definitely taking one at the first sign of not just distress but also of manic symptoms. Which can be difficult to distinguish from ordinary tripping. But it's absolutely essential to head off trouble before the start.
I'm not too much experienced with acid, either. Was just wondering if tripping on a benzo is a kinda a no, no?

Last edited:
I have tripped numerous of times, and I'm going to trip again (at least a mild dose whenever I can get hold of some acid again), but perhaps with a benzo, since it's been a while since I've tripped before.
From my understanding, a mild to moderate dose of benzos just "take the dge off" the acid.
Tripping on LSD is probably bad idea for you but you seem committed. Having benzos on hand if you do is a very good idea. Essential, even. I'd pre-dose if I were you on the order or 5mg diazepam or 0.5mg clonazepam or 1mg lorazepam etc. Alprazolam at around 1mg would be ideal to take if you get anxious while tripping but less ideal as a pre-medication. Diazepam 5-10mg would also be good for the former as would lorazepam 1-2mg to an extent. This is all assuming no tolerance.
I'm not too much experienced with acid, either. Was just wondering if tripping on a benzo is a kinda a no, no?
People will tell you not to combine LSD and BZDs because it blunts the LSD experience. These people are wrong. If you take a reasonable BZD dose it enhances the experience by removing some of the rough edges. It blunts what really ought to be blunted. That's a good thing particularly if you have some psych history. We've discussed at some length about taking LSD with neuroleptics so I won't get into that any further.

People will tell you not to combine LSD and BZDs because it blunts the LSD experience. These people are wrong. If you take a reasonable BZD dose it enhances the experience by removing some of the rough edges. It blunts what really ought to be blunted.
Speakin' the truth here (y)

I completely disagree, we feel what we do on psychedelics for a reason. Your blunting a message your body is trying to send you.

I used to only trip with alcohol or benzos in my system until my fated “bad trip” (no such thing) that sent me over the edge. Back then all the negative feelings I’d get during trips had purpose I just didn’t want to listen.

Since then I’ve only needed benzodiazepines once, in many years, and that was because I was worried I’d become irrational and people would be incapable of subduing me. I’ve also only needed to benzo one person in all my years dosing people on all sorts of psychedelics, and I didn’t technically dose him I just found him.

I think they’re good to have on hand for those really crazy, wtf might happen, kinda trips. But I disagree with the folks getting too comfortable with the combo, at that point you need to ask why do you feel the need to blunt an aspect of the experience which is integral to making psychedelics what they are..

Now that I’m happy with life I don’t really have bad trips anymore, knock on wood, but I finally stopped numbing out and started to actually listen. Why am I anxious? Why am I depressed? Why do I need all these drugs to feel right? These answers came to me with time and hard work of course too.

Then again who am I to say what’s right and wrong psychedelic use, I just know what’s worked for me and the people around me.

-GC

I agree. Therapeutic effects aside even, I strongly think LSD is like the stark opposite of benzos. Like all true nuance and flair to thoughts and actions is gone with benzos, and imo this is exactly what LSD is all about. Out of all psychedelics, acid + benzos will always lead to shortcuts in my mind when thinking about it, some limited experience to back it up. I believe something will always lack from the experience, that said I don't really care what people do and they might know things I don't.

But indeed in the OPs case it's probably a good idea.