• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepine Potentiation

Any downers potentiate benzo like barbs and opies. Use lower doses if ur gonna do it becwuse safety

When my tolerance was much lower a decade or so ago (and I could get away with feeling fairly melted after 10 - 20 mg diazepam) I would often finish on call shifts at work on a weekend by ordering a curry to eat before I went home. I would usually have a dunt of diazepam (I worked as a community nurse) right before my meal, and despite that I have always found diazepam tablets (generics or Valium) to have an extremely quick onset of action for a long acting oral prep (usually about 15 - 20 max) eating the curry directly on top of the drug would have me rubbered within less than 5 minutes. I guess it's all the grease in the meal helping the drug dissolve or something, as I believe that diazepam is particularly fat soluble like cannabis - please forgive me if this sounds like shite I'm not particularly versed in biochemistry, I just have Masters degree in Benzo Piggery like....

Tolerance is a bitch! As I?m prescribed three a day, every day, as it is also part of seizure control meds, I don?t feel much from it, even taking all three at once but I?ve done that before. I?ve taken five without falling asleep or feeling super relaxed. But if I don?t take it I certainly feel like a panic attack happens every hour anxiety is constant, I have seizure auras or petit Mal seizures. As with other things, if you can take the smallest amount and not every day, that?s the only way to avoid a physical addiction and tolerance. Once you?re there, once you?ve taken three a day for years (10 mg Valium tablets), you could take ten and not even fall asleep or nod if you stay active. If you turn off the lights and lay down and watch TV, that helps if it?s sleep/ rest you seek; it helps.

?s 4 Synorb;Valium potentiation4those w/seizure disorder; can?t stop to lower toleran

Synorb, I?d ld like to hear more about this study... I assume they had no tolerance and I?m still not clear on the potentiators. I know about Tagamet and the liver enzymes etc; I?ve been on Neurontin 1000mg a day and 10mg of Valium three times a day for years and years. I?ve never noticed the neurontin helping the Valium. I mean if I am not having seizures, the meds are working, but even though I am 5 feet tall and 112 pounds, my tolerance is sky high but as they are part of my seizure regimen I cannot really ?take a break? for a few weeks. For one thing abrupt cessation of benzodiazepines can be deadly; anyone even without a disorder could easily have a grand Mal seizure if they stop fast after taking the meds regularly according to the prescription. If I take a Xanax I can tell the difference, but it?s the same w pretty much any benzo other than like freakin Mogadon and surgical agents which I haven?t seen in years and years. Also I could tell a better different a few years ago when I was prescribed Valium 4x/day, the neurontin, and restoril for sleep. But when i came to the dr I see now she said she couldn?t prescribe two benzos to the same person so she knocked out the restoril and replaced it with remeron, trazodone, seroquel and Ambien as needed. I find it rediculous that she gave me four pills, one closely related to benzos, just because of some sort of red tape as I am also on buprenorphine 4mg/ day. Then she had to cut down my Valium to three. This has been my regimen for several years. I think that the so called ?opioid crisis? and the fact that I?m on Medicaid/ disability means my Doctor does indeed have to jump through some new hoops; apparently she got a letter about not combining opioids and benzos (this is not something that gets me high at all; I?ve taken it daily for many years together and I think the first or second day was the only time I felt noddy a little. That was over three years ago. Any advice???

Last edited:
Low dose DXM in the 30-50 mg range. Works great to potentiate BNZ's and gabapentin. Also works great at dealing with mild gabapentiniod or benzo WD. High fat meals also slightly work. Grapefruit juice from fresh grapefruit though I would assume this could lessen the duration.

I potentiate my benzo's with alcohol. Tried and tested it works every time.

:D

Oh how i miss that stuff.

Fuck sakes you guys in the U.S. are so lucky with all these super potent synthetic opioids that you make. In South Africa we have morphine, pethidine and that is about the strongest stuff you get here. Fuck I would visit the U.S. just to go to a doctor over there for Oxy, Adderall and Desoxyn. So jealous.

Fuck sakes you guys in the U.S. are so lucky with all these super potent synthetic opioids that you make. In South Africa we have morphine, pethidine and that is about the strongest stuff you get here. Fuck I would visit the U.S. just to go to a doctor over there for Oxy, Adderall and Desoxyn. So jealous.

Oh well, but you lucky ducks still have Quaaludes or Methaqualone don't you? I agree it may not compete with some of the opiates over here but don't sell Quaaludes short. They're a load of fun (until they aren't, LOL!).

Oh well, but you lucky ducks still have Quaaludes or Methaqualone don't you? I agree it may not compete with some of the opiates over here but don't sell Quaaludes short. They're a load of fun (until they aren't, LOL!).

That is true! We still have qualudes, and also we still have "dangerous" drugs that aren't sold in 1st world countries like Meprobemare for example.

L-Theanine

This believe it or not. Cannot believe I only found this recently. Still experimenting. But taking 400mg, let it kick in, then taking 1mg of xanax...feels like I took 2mg. Seems to wear off quickly, though. Hlaf life of that stuff is just over an hour or so.

Have to try taking the benzo 1st. Also trying higher doses. Even taking 400mg alone feels like a mini benzo.

Of course the obvious (which will get you in trouble in the end)....opiates and alcohol.

This believe it or not. Cannot believe I only found this recently. Still experimenting. But taking 400mg, let it kick in, then taking 1mg of xanax...feels like I took 2mg. Seems to wear off quickly, though. Hlaf life of that stuff is just over an hour or so.

Have to try taking the benzo 1st. Also trying higher doses. Even taking 400mg alone feels like a mini benzo.

Of course the obvious (which will get you in trouble in the end)....opiates and alcohol.

Is that what is in the tea or am I mistaking it for something else?