• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Benzo withdrawal: Losing my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell what benzo you were taking dose and how long have you been taking it everyday ??? Thanks

I have been on Klonopin for 21 years I take 3 mg a day I never build a tolerance , opiates I went way over my script dose , 240mg oxy a day , I have never abused benzos its the only drug that I have never abused , I abuse all other drugs I try.

For some of us, benzos are very underwhelming. I never saw much to using benzos, and never abused them. Never been dependent on them.

Feel like it's worth mentioning, been having quite the problem. These past 3/4 days I've been getting a terrible migraines. I don't really get headaches like this hope they go away

Has anything in your environment changes recently that might be affecting it? Like stress, the weather, pollution, changes in your daily routine, etc?

Migraines can be horrible.

For some of us, benzos are very underwhelming. I never saw much to using benzos, and never abused them. Never been dependent on them.

I think it depends on your normal anxiety level. For me just getting a break from anxit is a high in itself.

I can really enjoy how midazolam, temazepam, flurazepam feel. It just doesn't feel like something I would go out of my way to do.

It has to do with reward pathways.

I think it depends on your normal anxiety level. For me just getting a break from anxit is a high in itself.

Have you ever taken ketamine cj? I'm not necessarily suggesting you dive in, just curious. I found it (and similar NMDAr antagonists) remarkably helpful with making progress on my depression/anxiety issues.

Yeah I've done my fair share of K and MXE. I liked it and it helped my depression ft or about a month after each use. My phychedelic connections right now are zero. But I have a theory that they find me when I need them

That's probably the right attitude. It's good to know that this avenue of treatment is something that may benefit you in the future, should you need it down the road. Something to look forward to, once you're in a more "enlightened" place ;)

Yeah I've done my fair share of K and MXE. I liked it and it helped my depression ft or about a month after each use. My phychedelic connections right now are zero. But I have a theory that they find me when I need them

I had a s-ketamine experience once where I felt all my depression melt away, and honestly, it was overwhelming and it wasn't my fondest experience. I didn't like liking everything (perhaps this is what depression really is?). I remember recognizing it because there was just awful music playing, something I'd never like or stand for sober. And I realized how I'm supposed to like everything, I'm supposed to be able to like all life experiences.

But then I sobered up and realized, why would I want that? I was sickened by the music again, and all was well.

I've just accepted my likes and dislikes for what they are, and trying to aim to be depression free, or to like everything about life would be a near futile effort. I just don't think it's necessary.

This 'anti depression' effect of ketamine doesn't last long, I think the 1 to 6 month purported window is a bit over-exaggerated.

a solid intravenous DMT gave me a more permanent lifelong positive outlook. I could say the same for a solid intravenous dose of MDA. But I'd never really recommend people try ketamine for depression. Ketamine has too many downsides; it can be severely addictive for some people, and constantly using it is going to irreparably damage the body (specifically the bladder) and potentially leave someone with brain changes, PAWS for years, etc.

Certainly it is no panacea, but DMT also has a number of risks as well. I know many people who have not responded at all well to DMT experiences, similarly to how many people do not respond well to DXM, ketamine or PCP experiences. Ultimately, more research definitely needs to be done. I would say both DMT and ketamine are worthwhile for some people to try however, just like how some benefit from iboga/ibogaine as well. It's all so individual, which is why we need more good science on this stuff - which is why scientists and clinicians need access and funding to be able to effectively stuff it.

I don't think you're supposed to like a high-intensity DMT experience, it's supposed to be unrealistically scary and otherworldly. It makes you appreciate sober reality more. There's probably 'something wrong' with me for having liked it as much as I did. =D

Almost everyone else who tried shooting DMT I have talked to had a polarizing scary experience with it, and seemed shaken up or merely way more thankful to be alive. Some felt a deeper connection with god, etc.

I know what you mean by DMT being so scary that your relieved to come down but I love dmt. I only every got that feeling from break through doses on salvia. God that's a scary drug.

My benzo tolerance has really skyrocketed in the last week. I'm gonna drop down to my normal dose and buy some weed to get high on next week. I'm gonna fail my next test at the clinic anyway.

Salvia is a drug I am not sure I will ever understand (or want to ever understand quit frankly). Far too intense for my likes. I'd take DMT any day over that, although I prefer oral use to smoking (I have not had a break through experience smoking it though, and would like to some day) or taking it IV (I have no experience with this, and I'm not really interested in it).

I know what you mean by DMT being so scary that your relieved to come down but I love dmt. I only every got that feeling from break through doses on salvia. God that's a scary drug.

My benzo tolerance has really skyrocketed in the last week. I'm gonna drop down to my normal dose and buy some weed to get high on next week. I'm gonna fail my next test at the clinic anyway.

I'm probably the only person I know that really enjoys salvia. Especially with the tactile sensations which link up with the visuals, etc. I should write a trip report about an unforgettable salvia experience I once had.

I really don't know why I like it so much. :? I'd even use it every 60 to 90 minutes repeatedly throughout the night at times.

Salvia is a drug I am not sure I will ever understand (or want to ever understand quit frankly). Far too intense for my likes. I'd take DMT any day over that, although I prefer oral use to smoking (I have not had a break through experience smoking it though, and would like to some day) or taking it IV (I have no experience with this, and I'm not really interested in it).

A smoking breakthrough is super confusing

I totally can see that. The tactile sensations from smoking even non-break through doses is pretty intense. Very fascinating substance.

Just for the record, I am on day 3 of taking Mirtazapine and each night it seems to be working better and better for my insomnia. It definitely makes me feel sedated but in a more 'natural way' as opposed to benzos. I don't know how else to describe it.
I haven't noticed any increase of anxiety or increase in suicidal thoughts or other nastiness yet either. On the contrary I am finding I am able to drop now to 20mg diazepam when I should be on 22mg - so I am 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Of course this may not last and things could flip the other way quickly and without warning, so I am ever vigilant. But so far it's encouraging and already seems to be working for me. Being able to sleep is heaven.

Take care

F'loki

Just want to say how wrong I was about this^^

Mitrazepine has made me incredibly suicidal to the point today I have to go for an emergency mental health assessment because after 3 weeks suicidal thoughts have been ramped up x100. It's bullshit and I am ditching this poison.

What was REALLY making me feel "better" when I posted this was the dihydrocodene and fentanyl/mannitol I was taking behind everyone's back......Yeesh I am such a cunt. Sorry about that.

F'loki

Status
Not open for further replies.