• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo with the strongest muscle relaxing properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I used to use for muscle spasms on a regular basis wasn't actually a benzo. Sure, I'd always welcome a good dose of diazepam or nitrazepam, but I always seemed to save these for rec usage and comedowns ;) . Here in Canada, there's a product called 282 Mep, which is basically 15 mg codeine, 300 mg ASA, 30 mg caffeine and 200 mg meprobamate. It's marketed for tension headaches, in the same fashion as Fiorinal C, but I found that it worked wonderfully for muscle spasms, thanks to the meprobamate. We haven't had Soma on the market here for about a decade, if not longer, so 282 Mep was my DOC when it came to back spasms. I had injured my back really badly when I was in the Army and while I was initially on 10 mg Valium prn t.i.d. and 10 mg Oxy.IR (basically Canada's equivalent to Roxis) prn q4h for spasms and pain, when I got back home from the base, I was switched to 282 Mep and Ultram. It was a really effective med despite the fact that the Oxy.IR really helped with the pain, but by that time, the Ultram actually helped quite a bit as I was healing quite nicely.

yeah i think tetrazepam is only indicated as a muscle relaxant, i tried abusing it as a recreational drug once and even though i took a shitload (15 pills, don't remember the dosage) it did sweet fuck all.
i've found that the combination of high-dose gabapentin/pregabalin and clorazepate is highly enjoyable and quite muscle relaxing, works well with other benzos too, but since clorazepate has a pretty long half-life it's a nice way to spend a boring afternoon. funnily enough i prefer gabapentin over pregabalin, gabapentin has a more significant effect on my mood.
as a sidenote, flunitrazepam was easily the most abused and sought after benzo around these parts. which first led to the 2mg pills being taken off the market, then the maximum prescribable dose set to 20x1mg, and now finally, it's been put in the same schedule as strong opioids, which'll probably mean its death blow. it can still be prescribed, but in practice it probably never will be, as it's a hassle for the doctor and there are a ton of other benzos around for its indication (short-term treatment of insomnia).
it really is too bad, as it's easily the most consistently enjoyable benzo i've tried, and i've tried quite a few.

^^yeah rohypnol is classed same as morphine here and comes in boxes of 7 pills.... they even have restrictions like i used to be Rx 2 times 1mg loprazolam until they put a rule saying you could no have more than 1mg per day of loprazolam... i imagine this applies to the other hypnotics e. max 5mg nitrazepam, 1mg flunitrazepam, 2mg lormetazepam etc

Definitely tetrazepam...that's what I was on for muscle relief. It may be relatively weak in other respects but it made aaaall my muscle tension go away (and I started using it after a sports accident where I twisted my neck and my vertebres shifted out of place which made my neck muscles contract permanently, so I had a lot)

If (non sedating) benzos like tetrazepam & clonazepam work so well for muscle relaxation why do doctors always go straight for diazepam if a patient presents with a muscular tension or spasms?

Here they go for Librium for muscle relaxants that aren't shit (Flexeril, Orphenadrine, which one can buy in the aisles here, Canada that is). Librium 25mg capsules, the only worthy ones. You can also have a script for Zanaflex, but that stuff isn't covered and I hear it's not even relaxing mentally, it's just very good at stopping painful spasms. My friend who got real far into the big junior hockey leagues here was prescribed Zanaflex and Codeine 30mg/300mg APAP very often when he injured himself in a game or worse a practice, I also played for a very long time but not to his CHL level, just the step before Junior AAA and I was prescribed something that doesn't exist anymore when I torn my ACL, Doriden, it was codeine with something some rc vendor has to start selling, gluthetimide. It made codeine transform into morphine up to 90%. Gluthethimide is scheduled but not as highly as opiates. But god, I was 13 the first time and only time I had a prescription for Doriden when contact became legal, after Pee-Wee level, Bantam level is where real hockey starts getting played and I injured myself, torn my ACL by skating in a badly zamboni'd practice arena, it was a tiny arena just for practices in a bigger building with multiple arenas, I skated right into a line that had been carved by someone else's skate and made a 90 degree turn. OUCH. I yelled so badly at the hospital they gave Doriden to a 13 year old kid, 12 pills I remember. My god I was high, my parents sent me to school anyway even if I had bandages and all that and the principal called them saying your kid is badly injured, you can keep him at home.

Doriden...my god I'd literally steal for some old ones from the early 90's. But the only person I know who knows Doriden is the guy who got me hooked to IV Dilaudid so he can forget it. The whole ORT and surveillance of scripts nightmare caused by him doing me a shot of just 2mg Dilaudid, I was totally opiate naive, I mean, I had opiates before, but just plain old Empracets (30mg codeine/300mg APAP) and Dilaudid, snorted, which worked on me, it would send me in a long dream-like state, 4-5 hours, the 55% nasal B/A happens to work for me. Anyway this is an old thread but since it spoke of rare medication I had to throw my hat in.

By the way I have 50 Equanils here, 400mg meprobamate pills with nothing else in them, I love this stuff more than benzos.

Isn't that the soma like stuff^? If it's what I'm thinking of it is pretty great and would be a great alternative to benzos. I may be thinking of not so different analog as it was all the back in 09 when I saw it last

Soma is a pro-drug for meprobamate. We still have it here in Canada as 282's, which are 150mg meprobamate, 375mg aspirin and 8mg codeine. But I prefer buying the brand name stuff online. I have some generic carisoprodol which has been removed from the market here since the mid 90's here and it doesn't do much to me when compared to Equanil (mep) 400mg pills. Meprobamate > Soma(carisoprodol)>Librium>Valium>Zanaflex>Flexeril>Orphenadrine>methocarbamol, in my opinion.

I hadn't went back to online vendors after the American Operation Web Tryp 1 (i didn't even know there was a 2nd one), since I had easy access to pure LSD blotter, shrooms, pcp, CodeineContins (my own script, the strongest ones, 200mg, easily crushed), and on january 19th 2009 I smoked freebase cocaine for the last time, I still remember. I got over the fact I could never get the same euphoria I got in the first 5 months of that expensive 8 months habit. But yeah I heard some people mention phenprobamate...apparently it is shit. There's something else that's a medication related to it that could be sold as an RC the way Etizolam is a real medication but sold as an RC too....mebutamate which has a brand name of "Capla" and tybamate which was once (is it still?) sold as Solacen...it works like Soma, mainly a pro-drug to meprobamate.

Last edited:
OBLIVION, you know your stuff. I am going to temporarly/perminately close this thread, only due to age and possible confusion about current medication.

This is worth a fresh, new, well worded thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.