• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo with the strongest muscle relaxing properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I was actually interested in nitazepam. Sedation aside, do you like it better than temazepam for recreational purposes? I've read lukewarm reviews on Nitrazepam.

There is one benzo that was supposed more euphoric than nitrazepam but similar, totally forgot its name, though. It's not available in the US, and I don't think it was lormetazepam.

I tink you're reffering ti Nimetrazepam" hugely marketed (by the doctors,, and the yakza.. lol... but no, its true) in japan

It is only scripted in Japan, so it's very rare. It used to be more common because before it was also scripted in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand. However, all three countries banned the drug because of abuse problems.

Temazepam is the best benzo I've tried and I have tried a total of 19 different benzodiazepines. I'm kind of a "benzo adventurer".
Nimetazepam is my benzo dream. This is the benzo on top of my "still to try" list.

19 not including the Z-drugs i hope... i'm a bit of a fanatic myself... i've tried 15, but loads i'd love o try just aren,'t on the market ere eg. halcion (triazolam), Lendormin (brotizolam) Nimetrazepam and many others

The only benzo i haven't tried that's worthwile trying thats marketed here is estazolam (nuctalon)

Kokaino, to not derail the thread i'd be interested if you sent me the list of benzos youv tried by PM

^ Flutoprazepam is another one I would love to try. I used to be scripted prazepam before I was put on alprazolam, but that was over 5 years ago.

I have tried: alprazolam, bromazepam, chlordiazepoxide, clonazepam, diazepam, etizolam (provided thienodiazepines are permitted in this as well), flurazepam, lorazepam, lormetazepam, midazolam, nitrazepam, oxazepam, phenazepam, and temazepam.

I found nitrazepam to be the most potent muscle relaxant, followed by clonazepam and phenazepam or temazepam. Nitrazepam was way above the others, though; maybe the "strongest" feeling benzo I've tried, all things considered.

Kokaino is right on the money, as he always has been. IME, nitrazepam is by FAR the best benzo when it comes to muscle relaxation, if you want you muscles to turn to jelly, nitrazepam's your best bet. I find that it even eclipses diazepam to a very noticeable extent. Nitrazepam is personally my all-time favorite benzo due to its sheer excellence in all the attributes that would make a benzo enjoyable (muscle relaxation, sedation, anxolytic effects, mood boost, etc). Also in my experience, bromazepam is actually pretty good for muscle relaxation and is overall a pretty damn good benzo (not quite as good as nitrazepam and diazepam though). Oh and for the record, I've always found a strange thing about temazepam. On its own, it's pretty good, but when combined with oxazepam, it's outstanding. I never understood why this is the case as oxazepam is so mediocre on its own.

As Kokaino said, tetrazepam has extremely strong muscle relaxant qualities, so if you can find it, give it a try. I recall a regular on these boards from years ago that was extremely fond of tetrazepam, saying that despite its low potency, it was actually really euphoric and enjoyable stuff. I can't remember the poster's screen-name, except for the fact that he was from France....

^ I think you are referring to to jason_crest? I miss the old days of Bluelight!

^ I think you are referring to to jason_crest? I miss the old days of Bluelight!

good guy... got me my first rohypnol, morphine n clonazeam connects... hope he is ok

as for tetrazepam it does have strong muscle relaxing properties but is probably the weakest benzo in every other aspect ime

now i just got to choose between nitrazepam which concensus seems to rate as te best muscle relaxer and loprazolam which has the advantage of beiing eassily n IVeable

Yeah, jason_crest was a good poster, I wonder what happened to him.

Purely for muscle relaxation, yes, nitrazepam is your #1 choice. This is followed by temazepam, flunitrazepam, diazepam, lormetazepam and then clonazepam. Loprazolam is not too great as a muscle relaxant, it's good but not great. Most of the -lams don't have much muscle relaxant activity. Actually, loprazolam is probably the best -lam as far as muscle relaxation. Alprazolam is utter garbage.

I wouldn't pick a benzo just because it's "IVable". You can inject most if not all benzodiazepines, just not always with h20, usually PEG, although the only time a benzodiazepine should be IV'd is in an emergency, usually at the hospital or on-scene by an EMT.

There's really no reason to pick a benzo because of it's solubility, I thought the goal here was muscle relaxant properties.

Just wondering, isn't tetrazepam supposed to be great for muscle relaxation? That's all it's ever scripted for.. (ime)
Valium does ok with me aswell. :p

Never tried nitrazepam so can't say.

All tetrazepam is good for is muscle relaxation. It has minimal sedative properties, but it does have "okay" anxiolytic properties. Very little anticonvulsant properties as well.

I wouldn't pick a benzo just because it's "IVable". You can inject most if not all benzodiazepines, just not always with h20, usually PEG, although the only time a benzodiazepine should be IV'd is in an emergency, usually at the hospital or on-scene by an EMT.

There's really no reason to pick a benzo because of it's solubility, I thought the goal here was muscle relaxant properties.
yes that was the original question, but a fat shot of IV morphine+loprazolam goes down a treat... but i'm thinking of switching to nitrazepam, as i only use my hypnotics recreationally or for come-downs... i would never use nitrazepam therapeutically as a hypnotic as it is far too long acting, and leaves me hung over in the morning...

also i agree with what kokaino said about tetrazepam allthough i think you're being generous it has "okay" anxiolytic properties... i think its weak in every sector apart from muscle relaxation

I find Halcion has the best muscle relaxant properties, but it is not wise to take it during the daytime. It doesn't "make your muscles turn to jelly" which can probably be bad for you but relieves pain at least as well as Soma.

If Soma and Equanil/Miltown aren't available where you live you could try Robaxin.

Status
Not open for further replies.