• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Benzedrex liver toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been getting screwed then, 'Scootin. Don't go back to that bar.

You've been getting screwed then, 'Scootin. Don't go back to that bar.

I didn't say it's what I generally receive, and I know many places do advertise 1.5 oz as their standard shot size, but that's just smoke going up there collective ass. That little bit of shaving adds up, Scof Daddy. Saw some interesting articles where guys traveled the country, actually measuring their shots, not that I'd put that forward as proof. Anyway, it's ultimately an aside to the topic here, so I'll leave it.

I didn't say it's what I generally receive, and I know many places do advertise 1.5 oz as their standard shot size, but that's just smoke going up there collective ass. That little bit of shaving adds up, Scof Daddy. Saw some interesting articles where guys traveled the country, actually measuring their shots, not that I'd put that forward as proof. Anyway, it's ultimately an aside to the topic here, so I'll leave it.

In the UK a standard shot is less than 1 fl oz....it's only 25ml..which given the amount the average Brit drinks is probably a good thing.

I don't know why a person would order shots in a bar anyway--at least not single shots. That's for pledges; even the sorority co-eds get their buttery nipples in . . . jiggers or whatever those are called.

But, while shots for the home consumer probably start at 2oz and as standard as a "scoop" the almighty CA DMV DUI chart counts 1.5oz x 40% as a standard drink, which sets the trend for the rest of the planet.

Moral is to tip your bartender.

Benzedrex... some mixed feelings about this one. First couple times I tried it I got a decent come-up, but after that it was one loooong, rough comedown when I wished I had benzos or opiates to offset it.

Why thank you meth cat, you got my point across so much better.

I've asked a couple times now and cyberius hasn't said what exactly the damage is. I still think it was just high liver enzymes, which is something people get after having a fancy dinner with something fatty and some wine. Maybe some fois gras.

How did you even become moderator? The OP said that his doctor told him he was close to fatal cirrhosis and you seem to think it's a laughing matter with your snide remarks. And telling the OP "Your liver's fine dude" is just downright dangerous.

Last edited:
He's doing pretty well for near-fatal cirrhosis then. Usually have a few ports and severe jaundice making future drug use difficult. Near-fatal cirrhosis doesn't heal, it means call the family, cause time's up. You can't get it from all the meth on Earth.

Look, I was trying to give the guy peace of mind cause doctors are assholes and like to scare people away from drugs with lies; He, you and few hundred others could have spoke up days and days ago if you wanted to fill me in or didn't want to hear it.

EDIT: and seems if you check I told him propylhexedrine was bad for his liver, his heart, and everything else.

Look, I was trying to give the guy peace of mind cause doctors are assholes and like to scare people away from drugs with lies; He, you and few hundred others could have spoke up days and days ago if you wanted to fill me in or didn't want to hear it.

Yeah his doctor, such an asshole to try to get him not to die from liver failure. What a prick! 8(

The OP doesn't need peace of mind, he needs a cold hard slap in the face with reality before he kills himself

Right, cause no doctor on Earth has ever shown a guy a blood panel that says "high" and convinced the little druggie shit that his liver was failing.

Especially in the ER, where some grade-grubbing fuck looking for prestige is horrified to find himself working graveyard in County instead of regaling his country club buddies about the latest open-heart team he now heads. Instead he's stuck with the junkie addict rabble, and his idea of HR is to tell him he'll die if he even smokes another joint.

After all, the five pounds of modafinil he scarfed down to get through school was pharma-grade and doesn't count. He's never even smoked a cigarette.

Doctors will absolutely lie to your face. Sometimes with well-meaning intentions, and sometimes just to fuck with you. Esp. ER.

I'm sorry you're suffering Cyberius. If a doc told you you have near-fatal cirrhosis, and you're not in ICU or hospice, you should file a complaint and talk to another one.

I'M the one providing better feedback than a FUKKIN MOD, so take that as you will. It is life and death and I'm living there but whatever, I'm hopefully done with this dumbass fukking shit.

Nutty, you might be making sense if you'd provided any actual feedback.

It sounds like this is more about you than Cyberius. Maybe you need to talk to someone?

I'll transfer you over the Dark Side if you need.

How did you even become moderator? The OP said that his doctor told him he was close to fatal cirrhosis and you seem to think it's a laughing matter with your snide remarks. And telling the OP "Your liver's fine dude" is just downright dangerous.

I dont know how anyone is supposed to know the ops health and drug history from the OP itself.

Near fatal cirrhosis is quite debilitating and takes years and years of constant drinking*

*with several exceptions

I dont know how anyone is supposed to know the ops health and drug history from the OP itself.

Near fatal cirrhosis is quite debilitating and takes years and years of constant drinking*

*with several exceptions

In a separate thread, Cy said that some liver function test scored in the bottom 1%. So afaik we don't know exactly what's wrong with his liver except that it's in really poor shape.

Nutty, nobody here said that, and your pearl-clutching wouldn't sound sincere if you had Nancy Reagan at your side.

I've seen the same posts as everyone, and no one knows what, if anything, is up with his liver (but is sure as shit isn't "very bad" or "near-fatal cirrhosis" if he's walking around). But he continues to drink, you know, the one drug that's very bad for a person's liver, compared to the relatively harmless all other drugs.

I didn't tell him to go smoke some meth, but if his liver was as bad as you all suggest, it would be a lot better than drinking or eating Benzedrex cotton--harm reduction.

nutty said:
The OP doesn't need peace of mind, he needs a cold hard slap in the face with reality before he kills himself

OP needs therapy, and some compassion from other members, not selfish wailing about your own moral failings.

In a separate thread, Cy said that some liver function test scored in the bottom 1%. So afaik we don't know exactly what's wrong with his liver except that it's in really poor shape.

If that were the case he would have the classic jaundice yellow eyes and skin, be incredibly ill and in need of constant medical care.

From pics he posted there is no physical sign of jaundice.

I dont know what is fact or what is fiction as its too hard to tell from posts on line.

However going on what is put out there, not much would make sense except for effects of psychosis .

Drug psychosis is a tricky thing to handle. I hope cy just gets a little help in person and support here.

As for amphetamines, getting off them comes doen to personal choice. Hopefully that will happen in his own mind before that choice is taken off him (cops/ambulsnce).

Cy youre going to be ok just give yourself a break.

If that were the case he would have the classic jaundice yellow eyes and skin, be incredibly ill and in need of constant medical care.

You don't have to have jaundice to have bad damage to your liver. If your yellow then you're basically dying.

Last edited:

I think you're missing the cyberius liver story arc. I'm a moderator too (well, was) and I make a lot of posts about this.

I dont know what is fact or what is fiction as its too hard to tell from posts on line.

However going on what is put out there, not much would make sense except for effects of psychosis .

Drug psychosis is a tricky thing to handle. I hope cy just gets a little help in person and support here.

As for amphetamines, getting off them comes doen to personal choice. Hopefully that will happen in his own mind before that choice is taken off him (cops/ambulsnce).

Cy youre going to be ok just give yourself a break.

I'm going off the booze. I wanna keep adrankin' and speedin' but I'm really building a strong foundation for lasting psychosis and I need to take a break. I don't think my suffering is nearly as bad as what I'm putting those around me through, and I'm not too far off of losing my girlfriend of seven years (Yikes that would make things a dozen times worse :( )

The lying rehab doctor (real Shite guy, no compassion or empathy) said I had a liver function at 1%, and it was like 5 days post overdose when I was still pissing like I was amidst a massive binge (5 days sober). My memory than was like 15 minutes long and I was having difficulty remembering where I was. Thankfully the mental blunt of this has been processed and I've since began a much healthier lifestyle including daily exercise and healthier eating (whenever possible) so I'm somewhat confident my liver is at least in better shape than it was.

I'm glad to hear it, Cyberius. I haven't been making fun of you, I've been trying to say that the doctor gave you the wrong impression about your liver, and you shouldn't be worrying about it, and instead focusing on your emotional health. If you're truly worried about your liver, you should go back for a follow-up. But if you weren't admitted to the hospital or scheduled for rounds of dialysis, you're probably going to be OK.

For perspective, I know what a weekend of modest binge drinking does to my liver enyzmes: the ALT and AST soar into "dangerous liver damage" territory, but going clean for just a week restores them to normal levels. Cirrhosis is the end-stage, where you have actual scar tissue throughout the organ, and that prevents the liver from healing like it used to. To get that, you need to hammer it with booze for decades.

Your liver can take massive amounts of damage over and over before it reaches the level Mr. Nutty was describing. It will heal all by itself, no need to worry about it. In the meantime, yes, healthy living with zero alcohol and no huge starchy meals*. And relax about the liver.

*During my own liver issues when in the hospital, which were all blamed on alcohol, a co-patient who was in for the same problem, only due to very high trigylcerides (too much fat in his bloodstream) died. Even then, it wasn't our livers but our pancreas that were the problem.

Good luck to you Cyberius. Look for some therapy if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.